SP - Economy (sugestion) "everything has a price" should be default or early game

Users who are viewing this thread

ReneWolf

Recruit
I started my campaing as a trader who wanted to buy the world, at around 80 trade skill tried luck with war economy and became mercenary, and then when i wanted my real estate fought as a vassal in the western empire. I know it was my fault but until now 11 years in game i noticed the EHAP trade skill and now i feel like i betrayed myself :c and the worst part is i have 2 billion dennars and nothing to spend them anyways.
The problem with money is that i keep making it with no propuse by inertia and at this point my 240 men and i are unstoppable so.. i kept fighting, when all i wanted was some land to keep my stuff
Beside the problems with economy's inflation and volatile market i find kind of slow progressing on trade skill now and my character having 46 years i feel i not might be able to get to skill 225 (i think) fast enough before my faction ends the war (we are the biggest one) or i die of old age.
I'm drifting away from my point.. I think Every has a price skill should be enabled early in game so players have a reason to make and spend money on real future investment and instead have the skill to be upgraded in the future, and it might not be unbalanced because:
*it will be always optional
*holding land and not being able to defend it is a risky choice early game
*it always has a price, the real challenge is to get it cheaper :wink:

The ability to trade fiefs was one of the new features I was really looking forward to in Bannerlord, locking it behind a high tier trading perk was an incredibly irritating design choice.

Necro because it's recent and I wanted to post something similar.

The reason afaik it was nerfed from being originally a lower-tier perk was that skilled players could buy the map with barely a battle (see Halcylion on yt who speedran world conquest in 7 hours). First off this exploit requires rushing a trade character, which is a specific play style. Second, however, is that it relies on the fact that in these versions the lords were all too happy to sell their entirely livelihoods to the largest emerging superpower. Honestly it feels to me that making the perk harder to get is the lazy way to balance this out, because trading fiefs should be a regularly accessible part of the mechanic.

The balance is that the people you trade with need to not be selling themselves to oblivion, need to need quick cash over the fief (which should generate wealth but usually doesn't because lords run negative prosperity growth), need to like you, and need to trust that you aren't planning to dominate the world (or take their throne, etc.). The last metric is already built into the war/peace system, though I don't know how accurate it is, while the first two should be relatively easy to roughly figure out.

But I 99% agree that trading fiefs here and there should be a feature accessible to every character. Buying the map should remain requiring a maxed-out trade perk, or not be a feature altogether, because no other skill has a max perk that wins the game.

I agree, I've also always felt that a lord should not be able to sell a fief if it is the only one they own, and ideally would prioritise keeping hold of their ancestral holdings as well as fiefs that share their faction culture.
It would also be kind of cool if you could "lease" a village, paying an up-front sum for the right to tax it for a certain number of years. Although I'd much rather see the original features be balanced and implemented properly before something like this is introduced.

Back
Top Bottom