Succession Game/Communal AAR: Ogdelbur

Users who are viewing this thread

Blackfish said:
Nice!

Ogrecorps: How about Brytenwalda? I've heard that it's good, but I'm not sure how Ogdelbur will fit into the setting.
He's a grumpy, cruel bastard that doubles as a racist, sexist child molester that kills baby animals so why wouldn't he fit in the Dark Ages?

killer110 said:
Blackfish said:
Nice!

Ogrecorps: How about Brytenwalda? I've heard that it's good, but I'm not sure how Ogdelbur will fit into the setting.
He's a grumpy, cruel bastard that doubles as a racist, sexist child molester that kills baby animals so why wouldn't he fit in the Dark Ages?
:shock: *quickly wracks brain for any mention of such activities*  :shock:  :???:

Ogrecorps said:
killer110 said:
Blackfish said:
Nice!

:shock: *quickly wracks brain for any mention of such activities*  :shock:  :???:
I don't think they had bottled water back in those days. Which is also the reason why so many people died of shank wounds back in those days.

Chapter 2C

2011041300016.jpg

2011041300013.jpg

2011041300011.jpg

2011041300010.jpg

2011041300001.jpg

Ogdelbur was living a terrifyingly strange dream that was made all the more unreal because it did not feel strange at all but he knew it was nothing like what he had ever known. Some things he did his body - now light-skinned and tanned almost red! - seemed to know but his mind could not grasp when or where he had possibly learned it; other tasks it seemed both he, in his mind, and this new and much more powerful body found alien, unknown. The most shocking and frightening of these ideas was a weapon he heard called a 'musket'. It appeared to be a hollow staff that one stuck out toward an enemy, laid one's face upon it and a moment later the staff erupted in thunderous noise, spewing fire from the end pointed at the enemy, fire that never reached them but ripped them off their feet like they had been lanced! Or sometimes not! The thunder would be heard and the fire seen but no enemy fell! Then that enemy would rush forward and kill the staff wielder with axe and blade.

Everything Ogdelbur saw was strange and new: the trees, weapons, clothing, languages... All of these things his body knew he had seen so did not feel strange but he knew they were, in fact, altogether unheard of! This left him feeling like he had been torn out of his time and body to live here in this body of someone else's in their time and place. Ogdelbur was hopelessly confused and even scared. However, he had always considered himself a strong man but this new body of his was far and away more powerful - faster too - even though he could see the age on his hands. It gave him almost reckless courage to have such strength. Others he saw were similarly powerful but the palest folk in the most horrible-looking clothes were much weaker - though they seemed to use the thunder-and-fire staves the most and to the best effect. This was the beginning of making sense of this new world: Ogdelbur was strong, they were weak and though they used frightening weapons, they were helpless if he could get in close and use that which both his mind and body knew: axe and blade.

This was Ogdelbur's state of mind as he walked up the ladder of the barge he had found himself in. These considerations made him slower to leave the boat than anyone else. This, plus his apparent helplessness and confusion apparently made him a target for one of the barge's sailors who Og easily recognized from the awkward and huffing way that he ran toward him despite the mask of cloth pulled over his face. Instantly alert and recognizing the situation Ogdelbur reached for the throwing axe he felt should be at his hip. Instead he found himself notching an arrow and readying to pull. The bargeman pulled one of the much smaller thunder-and-fire staves and steadied his aim. Og had no intention of sitting still for him so dodged this way and that, hearing two of the loud booms. Looking, Ogdelbur saw him poking the little stick down the hollow end that signaled he was helpless. Og's body drew the bow and fired, striking the man in the chest. 'Let's see how well you breath after that!' Og thought. The man stumbled to a knee but lurched upright and attempted to continue fiddling with his little weapon. Ogdelbur's second arrow took him in the head.

2011041300002m.jpg

A rush of euphoria surged through Ogdelbur's body when it finally grasped the victory it had achieved which surprised Og. A body this strong, skilled, and aged was new to battle?! That's absurd! 'I'll have to teach you a thing or two,' he thought, happy that he had passed his first test in this odd world. Satisfied and victorious, he knew there were many grand victories to come. He would take this world by storm, newfangled thunder-staves be damned - his heavy axe would cleave the way and his strong legs carry him everywhere he needed to go.

As he saw this world from the eyes of a rich and powerful conqueror-to-be a little merchant emerged from the barge moored alongside the one Og had just come off of. He mentioned hearing the sound of battle but said it in a very strange way, rolling his r's and speaking words even Ogdelbur's body didn't know. When he saw the triumphant look in Ogdelbur's eyes and the sure confidence that now flowed through him the little man nodded and asked if he could pay Ogdelbur for a favor. Og accepted and the man introduced himself as Rodrigo Montoya, leading the way up to the residence he was keeping and asking Ogdelbur's name. When he heard it a puzzled look came over his face. "Del burro?" he asked.

"Ogdelbur," Og repeated.

"Og del Burro," the merchant stated and shrugged, clapping Og on the shoulders and smiling. Og smiled back and felt no need to correct the little man that there was no 'o' sound at the end. He obviously wanted Og to kill someone for him, mentioned sending a powerful soldier along as well, and was willing to pay for the service - Ogdelbur was happy to oblige for it would merely be another step on his journey through this land and the wealth and power it had to offer him.

2011041300019.jpg

2011041300020.jpg

2011041300008.jpg

Final Condition
Allegiance:None
Wealth/renown/level/day:1,860/16/7/4
Fiefs:None
Party size and composition/Companions:17, low tier infantry and archers, Gabrilduro
Combat inclinations:1h and ranged weapons
Save File: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PSWE2K1Q
Character or save notes:I left the firearms looted in the inventory as well as him mounted for those who want to go that way but intended to dismount him first. With muskets and the tomahawks he is using it is important to know how to switch weapon functions: press x.
Author's Notes: I cannot say enough good things about this mod! There are tons of idiosyncrasies but they are just fun and funny while the rest of the game is GREAT. It's amazing what weapon modding and textures can do to change a game! I was playing around with this mod a bit and realized that I love the natives and they sucked with firearms but were terrors close-in and that was a lot of fun. That led me to the decision to make Og an axe-wielding footman - which sounded like a Nord footman I'd promised to start. So now Og is a native axeman!

killer110 said:
Who do you think would win in a fight- a native or a viking?
At present a viking due to armor. That body you see is actually armor: 19 body, 9 legs. There are heads (+40 armor) and hands (+3) and other bodies available to make your guy redder or have a different clothing motif. However, some of the medieval armors are still available. I've seen, um the leather with a Fench name over chain (cour boli is my best guess at spelling) and banded armor. Additionally, the cuirasser's armor is nice but makes ya look bloated.

My native also is not using a shield - though it just occured to me I have been keeping a pistol pair of late for desperate encounters... They 'crush through blocks' and do about 120 damage so...idk. I'm also using an Indian Lance which also crushes through blocks (last weapon is 3 big tomahawks). With a tomhawk shield (yep, a tomahawk used as a shield as seen in the first screenie), the lance, and a set of tomahawks (only 3 weapon spaces) vs a viking without a bow and we might have a good fight. Especially since my athletics are up to... lesse here... 8 (started a new character).

:grin:
Ogrecorps said:
killer110 said:
Who do you think would win in a fight- a native or a viking?
At present a viking due to armor. That body you see is actually armor: 19 body, 9 legs. There are heads (+40 armor) and hands (+3) and other bodies available to make your guy redder or have a different clothing motif. However, some of the medieval armors are still available. I've seen, um the leather with a Fench name over chain (cour boli is my best guess at spelling) and banded armor. Additionally, the cuirasser's armor is nice but makes ya look bloated.

My native also is not using a shield - though it just occured to me I have been keeping a pistol pair of late for desperate encounters... They 'crush through blocks' and do about 120 damage so...idk. I'm also using an Indian Lance which also crushes through blocks (last weapon is 3 big tomahawks). With a tomhawk shield (yep, a tomahawk used as a shield as seen in the first screenie), the lance, and a set of tomahawks (only 3 weapon spaces) vs a viking without a bow and we might have a good fight. Especially since my athletics are up to... lesse here... 8 (started a new character).
May I compliment you for your great idea???? :grin:
You also seem to COMPLETELY understand the exact wild and particular nature I wanted to give to our indians!!! A big role plays also the incredible aggressive look that my mate CRUMBS gave grafically to them!
I see you apreciated a lot the PURE fun of our weapons skills and mechanics :wink:
Still, congratulations!
Gabby

GABRILDURO said:
May I compliment you for your great idea???? :grin:
You also seem to COMPLETELY understand the exact wild and particular nature I wanted to give to our indians!!! A big role plays also the incredible aggressive look that my mate CRUMBS gave grafically to them!
I see you apreciated a lot the PURE fun of our weapons skills and mechanics :wink:
Still, congratulations!
Gabby
Thank you, thank you sir. And may I compliment your addictive mod? I'm having a lot of fun with the witchers and wild animal lairs! I'm experimenting with different weapons set-ups. At present I'm using a New Pennsylvania Rifle (big cartriges), Indian Lance, and Long Tomahawk. I was switching-fuctions-with-throwing-tomahawks incappable so would chuck them and be left with my lance for close-in work.

Chapter 4BA (expansion on Fierkraag's)

A terrible misunderstanding was had with 20 khergit lancers regarding the ability to quicksave before the battle and reload if things went badly - things went badly. Spent the rest of the time finding missing companions, losing a tournament in... I don't know where due to slow 2h vs hatchet, trading a lot, and fighting a bit.

Screenies:

Some revenge on those Sea Raiders
2011043000001.jpg

Glamour shots
2011043000002.jpg

2011043000003.jpg

Final Condition
Allegiance:None
Wealth/renown/level/day:13,520/201/14/73
Fiefs:None
Party size and composition/Companions:40, medium tier infantry and archers, Artimenner, Rolf, Borcha, Jeremus, Baheshtur
Combat inclinations:2h, 1h, mounted
Save File: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U4BD1VZG
Character or save notes: Alayan was hired but is missing, should come back eventually.
Author's Notes: Just another chapter. Still looking for something like a Great Helm to finish out the armor to a pretty good level.

Back
Top Bottom