Subversion - checking out the development version of the mod (161)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now something completely different:

I am enjoying the SVN a lot, but what I don't enoy is my companions and their unpredictable personality clashes ^^

Is there any chance to find out which companions like each other in SVN? I mean, next to trial and error and having a lot of them pissed off until I know whom of them are compatible?

Caeled said:

I am enjoying the SVN a lot, but what I don't enoy is my companions and their unpredictable personality clashes ^^

Is there any chance to find out which companions like each other in SVN? I mean, next to trial and error and having a lot of them pissed off until I know whom of them are compatible?

thats a negative I think and depend on Othr, I do make some companion edit from the tutorial, its not that hard implementing companion, I just import standard companion added with few more with my own
here for the simple
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127231.0.html

Arrakhis said:
Caeled said:

thats a negative I think and depend on Othr, I do make some companion edit from the tutorial, its not that hard implementing companion, I just import standard companion added with few more with my own
here for the simple
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,127231.0.html

or you could just go to camps menu - mod options - and tick on disable NPCs' complaints

Ive been using the delevopment version for quite a while, but recently i installed windows server 2008, and now i crash almost instantly when trying to use the mod, especially during the loading after battles.
Doesnt seem to happen when i run warband vanilla(havent tried any other mods yet). Any idea what this problem could be? Tried both steam version and non-steam version, same thing happens.

DrTomas said:
Lordique said:
Historical accuracy were loose her sense when we start build our own kingdom. Historical must be the base of it and they are pritty well. But why do even more realistic(?).
And why not? I personaly prefer this approach then on the not-relisitic one. Othr seems to have the same idea as well. It was allready discussed before and I doubt this will change. You offcourse are welcome to try to decompile and rescript this yourself.

Lordique said:
But intensional city of one culture have nothing about it. Its just probably easier to do so at the some time passed beginning. But...what if this idea is about training those units...?
We have russians in russia, yup...but with islamic ruler why we cant train them to wear alternate costume and weapons? 
At war when we recruit some other than ours peoples theyve got our uniforms because we havent their clothes...
So...If we add to city upgrading an arsenal, from there on we could reequip garrisoned troops just like the NPCs doing now...in other words just change the troops.
Becouse that never ussualy happen? If you conquer the region, you get the nobility swear to you loyalty and tada, you're the ruler of the area(simplified version). Even if you did enforce you're own tradition, costumes(I bet all the lords realy cared, that peasents did not dress like he does) and all, how much time would it need to population to 'convert' 10, 50 years? In game time period that way too much and probably only a few people would play so long.

Lets continue with our scenario. If an Arabian lord, who would conquer a chunk of Russia, and rule over it. In time of wars, he would not have an armie of Arabians. He would have majority troops Russian. In other words, not changing culture of you're towns is to represent the realism of medieval world. There are plenty examples like these in history. Lithuanian lords who came to rule over Ruthenians lands would have there forces consisting mainly of Ruthenians, not Lithuanians. Teutonic Order used Prussians in there forces as well(most of them at the current timeframe were still pagan). Hey, even the Mongolians did not turn Russia into Western Mongolia(and yes, they did have Russian troops under there control as well.).

Lordique said:
But if its going about city guards where should be option to change them if You want. - kill all and replace them with own soldiers, which will start long way to change the city culture...next step is religion. We change it...city relations should drop on the head but nothing is free :wink: There must be a way...

Again, these changes would not happen as quick as you might wish. Changing culture of a region would take years. Even if you sloughter the whole population of a city, it would take years to repopulate it as well. So this won't happen in the mod.

CHanging all the culture- yes, not so quick and easy and what we know from history almost impossible. But after entering city we at least shoud have a choice of leaving our troops or take theirs.
For now, france have french worriors in london, england have english people in bordoux etc etc and player have...i suppose some standard ones wherever he go and conquer, even in africa.
So why the only one who cant have unified military/kingdom is player(?)
Ofcourse we could and do so...send recruiters which is alternative but thats allwright. At least we should have a option to convince our lord who are not wrom our culture to recruit units that we want to have, or even give such order but first one is god as well.
Now ive taken triebiezond and give it to a Ilhanide lord...and he recruit those pesky pedies, even not his own comrades...

But i realize that my opinion was noticed and i should get back in line... ;p

...a bit of redzim i feel here. Everybody knows the mod is great but its His mod and His idea and His world and no- more freedom- option is planned because that somewhat ruin His great plan to play His own game. So if someone complains or toss his own two cents are free to leave...You play what ive gave You or You dont play, bye.

...a bit of redzim i feel here. Everybody knows the mod is great but its His mod and His idea and His world and no- more freedom- option is planned because that somewhat ruin His great plan to play His own game. So if someone complains or toss his own two cents are free to leave...You play what ive gave You or You dont play, bye.
[/quote]

sounds like ME democracy to me.  Anyways maybe there should be a compromise for historicity's sake.  how about keeping village/town culture intact cause that makes sense.  I mean cities and towns weren't not depopulated and then new peoples were introduced. 
however and I think DrTomas would agree when it comes to castles, you should be able to recruit your own culture nobles.  What do you guys think?
If you conquer the region, you get the nobility swear to you loyalty and tada, you're the ruler of the area(simplified version).

I can't realy change anything, regarding recruitment, as I don't have the source code. Othr is the one with it and untill he returns, there can't be such a thing. I'm just trying to explain of why and whats.

Also, don't forget, that recruitment is planed to get overhauled later on in either case.

Hello,
In the later subversions it seems as if recruitment of Templars and Hospitallers isn't allowed.
Is that so or do you have to be in good relations with either leader of the orders?
Is there anyway to recruit them?
Zipping up and zipping out

barne said:
Hello,
In the later subversions it seems as if recruitment of Templars and Hospitallers isn't allowed.
Is that so or do you have to be in good relations with either leader of the orders?
Is there anyway to recruit them?
Zipping up and zipping out

for the svn it need to become the member in extra I think

DrTomas said:
I can't realy change anything, regarding recruitment, as I don't have the source code. Othr is the one with it and untill he returns, there can't be such a thing. I'm just trying to explain of why and whats.

Also, don't forget, that recruitment is planed to get overhauled later on in either case.

True we have sorta exhausted this issue.  We'll just wait and see. 

When you choose a banner at the start of the game, way is the banner used by some lord??
0217276b2b721cdf0053eea6f6952b114eaaf760cbb15ef1339ae771a4171c775g.jpg

Because all of banners are used by someone. In mamluk sultanate almost all lords have the kingom banner of a cup etc etc. Theres no way to be unique...of course You can try and take the lands from those pesky 'Your banner' lords but guess what...after they regain their position in some other places they have the same banner as well. Shame, aye. :wink:

For me only one thing is annoying with banners. Those blank ones that Othr dont want to 'color'. If we insist, he told me that maybe he will dispose of those blank ones but making from them some new ones - nope. Shame, aye. :wink:

Lordique said:
Because all of banners are used by someone. In mamluk sultanate almost all lords have the kingom banner of a cup etc etc. Theres no way to be unique...of course You can try and take the lands from those pesky 'Your banner' lords but guess what...after they regain their position in some other places they have the same banner as well. Shame, aye. :wink:

For me only one thing is annoying with banners. Those blank ones that Othr dont want to 'color'. If we insist, he told me that maybe he will dispose of those blank ones but making from them some new ones - nope. Shame, aye. :wink:

You can always edit the dds banner file and put your own banner in the place of the blank ones i have

Has anyone noticed that lord wives never attend tournament feasts?  I have attended a number of feasts so far and even if no lord has arrived yet, the wives never show up.

I am not sure but I guess this is wanted. That thing that wifes don't show up I mean. There are only a certain number of spawn points in the great halls and I guess the unmarried have a higher priority.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
I am not sure but I guess this is wanted. That thing that wifes don't show up I mean. There are only a certain number of spawn points in the great halls and I guess the unmarried have a higher priority.

True, I understand what your saying.  But I have a few nobles that I have negative relation with.  I thought if I win a tournament and dedicate it to the wife then she can help me with fixing my relationship with them.

birzeti said:
Ritter Dummbatz said:

True, I understand what your saying.  But I have a few nobles that I have negative relation with.  I thought if I win a tournament and dedicate it to the wife then she can help me with fixing my relationship with them.

Oh...so you want to dedicate a tournament win to a married woman, to fix relationships with her husband? :grin:

I think such a thing could get you in deep trouble with a lord...such like duel to the death and such things ^^

Caeled said:
birzeti said:
Ritter Dummbatz said:

Oh...so you want to dedicate a tournament win to a married woman, to fix relationships with her husband? :grin:

I think such a thing could get you in deep trouble with a lord...such like duel to the death and such things ^^
No, there shouldn't be any problem with that i use it all the time, and this for change:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1261877.html#msg1261877

birzeti said:
Ritter Dummbatz said:

But - 1 - relation with some wife is just enaugh. You can gain this point when You conquer some fief and release those woman :wink: In own borders You must lick some asses...shame, aye :lol: no other way since sending gifts were taken off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom