[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonion said:
Phoss said:
So I did no. 28, and in order to engage the conversation I have to pick "I'd like to ask you something" followed by "I want to know the location of someone". Then it works perfectly, but is it supposed to be under that conversation string? I feel like I did something wrong, because now I can't ask Lords for the location of another Lord anymore =/
:shock:
No, the dialogue option is supposed to be in "I'd like to ask you something" part of the dialogue, not anywhere "deeper" in the conversation.
What version are you playing? 3.7063?
If so, PM me your conversation.txt and dialog_states.txt files.
If not, this tweak will 95% likely won't work anyway considering the amount of variables used and the likelihood of them having different numbers in a different version.

Looks like I'm on 3.704, but I only downloaded it a few weeks ago...PM'ed you. Thanks for offering to take a look!

Aithere said:
Lords in general. The last faction was destroyed but lords are still stuck in those dead factions, even ones that were destroyed hundreds of days before.
I think it's another native-based bug.
I wouldn't say it's a bug, more like just an ineffective script lord_find_alternative_faction and/or the conditions that make it run...
I think all the lords eventually defect from a dead faction, it's just sometimes it may take an eternity...

Anyway, added a fix to this situation as tweak #32.

Leonion said:
Anyway, added a fix to this situation as tweak #32.

Works like a charm -- though there wasn't any notifications for me; just waited 110 hours or so and suddenly had 20 lords in my keep.  :mrgreen:

Aithere said:
Works like a charm -- though there wasn't any notifications for me; just waited 110 hours or so and suddenly had 20 lords in my keep.  :mrgreen:

That's strange. I included notifications in the tweak, and I had them...
Are you sure you didn't? Not even in the game log (since there are many notifications, sometimes they may overflow the screen and cause the log to temporarily stop showing on screen)?

Hi Leonin,

For tweak #15, when I talk to my village elder, my character says "Never Mind" and the dialog ends. What is the problem?

Leonion said:
That's strange. I included notifications in the tweak, and I had them...
Are you sure you didn't? Not even in the game log (since there are many notifications, sometimes they may overflow the screen and cause the log to temporarily stop showing on screen)?

Yeah, the messages were in the message log. Thanks for your hard work.

I had an idea for a tweak, not sure if it's script related or even possible though:

When you receive the quest to train villagers against the bandits that are raiding them, I don't see why it is that my character has to smack some villagers around if someone else does the training. My idea was that, if it's one of your companions that is doing the training of the villagers (ie if one of your companions has a higher training skill than you do), you should be temporarily playing as them in order to kick the hell out of the villagers.

Is there a way to reduce the frequency with which my tiny village needs my help with completely trivial matters? I can't travel for two days without getting a message from my village elder about some wolves or rats or some such nonsense requires my presence. I'm trying to take over the world, I have other problems!

Villages :  is there a way to have the prosperity rating and improvements affect the quality of the villagers equipment when there is a battle in that village?  Like maybe prosperous villagers get some low level mercenaries or a few wardens in the mix?  And a few of peasant women are scouts?

Phoss said:
Is there a way to reduce the frequency with which my tiny village needs my help with completely trivial matters? I can't travel for two days without getting a message from my village elder about some wolves or rats or some such nonsense requires my presence. I'm trying to take over the world, I have other problems!
Oh yeah, this is irritating.  :evil:
But I think I have a better solution.  :grin:
Check tweak #33. It replaces the annoying full-screen notification with a simple log message.

Pacific_Salmon said:
Villages :  is there a way to have the prosperity rating and improvements affect the quality of the villagers equipment when there is a battle in that village?  Like maybe prosperous villagers get some low level mercenaries or a few wardens in the mix?  And a few of peasant women are scouts?
I'm pretty sure there is a way, but I'm not sure it can be done easily. Also I still don't understand most of the stuff that is related to scenes (and who and how spawns in these scenes).

With tweak #7 (PM skills of your companions stack), can the party's total prisoner management skill exceed 10? Like, can you drag around a stack of 700 prisoners like spawn armies do?

thermocline said:
With tweak #7 (PM skills of your companions stack), can the party's total prisoner management skill exceed 10? Like, can you drag around a stack of 700 prisoners like spawn armies do?
Yeah, it can.
That's why I suggested lowering the "number of prisoners per PM point" number to any number that you find realistic.
The main purpose if this tweak is changing the fact tat PC is the only one who is responsible for the amount of prisoners you can have.
Though, actually, I think it should even be like in Perisno (where PM limit depends on the number of troops in your party).

Leonion said:
Phoss said:
Oh yeah, this is irritating.  :evil:
But I think I have a better solution.  :grin:
Check tweak #33. It replaces the annoying full-screen notification with a simple log message.

Cool. But won't they get upset if I don't come home? I don't want to damage my renown or relation with the village.

Leonion said:
thermocline said:
Yeah, it can.
That's why I suggested lowering the "number of prisoners per PM point" number to any number that you find realistic.
The main purpose if this tweak is changing the fact tat PC is the only one who is responsible for the amount of prisoners you can have.
Though, actually, I think it should even be like in Perisno (where PM limit depends on the number of troops in your party).

Can this make the chance of capturing lords/spawns exceed 100%?

Phoss said:
Cool. But won't they get upset if I don't come home?
Hmm. That's a good question.
Generally they shouldn't.

But I somehow remember that once (!) in the entire history of me playing PoP I returned too late to the village and the elder was upset at me.
Though when I mentioned it on a Russian forum, other people looked at me like "WAT? That can happen?". So maybe my memory just made it up.
Other than this possible situation, you shouldn't get any penalties.

thermocline said:
Can this make the chance of capturing lords/spawns exceed 100%?
No, absolutely not. This tweak will not affect the chance of capturing lords/spawn leaders (you will still be the only person who determines this chance with your PM skill).

P.S. Added tweak #33.2 to turn "Your village is under attack" notification into a log message as well.

Hi Leonion,

For tweak #15, when I talk to my village elder, my character says "Never Mind" and the dialog ends. What is the problem?

Illeno said:
Please be more detailed about bug description.
I'm not psychic, I can't look at the magic sphere and see details of your situation there. :smile:

1) What is the version of the game?
2) Do you have any walled fiefs in your possession?
3) Are you sure you added the tweak correctly? Every piece of it?

P.S. I'm sorry I didn't notice your previous message.

Sleeeves said:
Leonion said:
+1 This makes sense to me too.

Yeah and if u have vaskerry riders in ur party i bet they would be more then happy to help keep imprison some of their vaskerry comrads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom