[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, this is what I'm talking about! This is well on the way of making PoP even cooler  :wink:

By the way, does the tweak #4(Making lords use KO troops from towns/castles they own) works with your CKO too? If so, we could finally feel our CKO is our kingdom's official KO order, like the Lions or the Dragons.   

Leonion said:
Illeno said:
Hi Lenion,
Did you add Tweak 12.2 recently?
Yes.
If a new tweak is similar to one of the older ones, I can sometimes add it nearby as a sub-tweak.

Well, I finally made your tweaks work! Turns out it works much better if you modify the PoP .txt files instead of the Native ones =)

I also added the 12.2 tweak, which gave me a lot of script error messages after the first battle I finished after activating it through the menu. I haven't seen any errors since then, though, so I'm hoping it's fine.

Phoss said:
I also added the 12.2 tweak, which gave me a lot of script error messages after the first battle I finished after activating it through the menu. I haven't seen any errors since then, though, so I'm hoping it's fine.

If you have a pre-battle savegame file, can you PM it to me?

Excuse me,

So i like your tweaks and thanks for them!

i was wondering, i like battle scenes in a village, i like to fight lords on foot and i was wondering if there is a separate trick to keep them as they are but swap the starting points just like for the village bandits. Or the bandits one works for this too?

mniezo said:
i was wondering, i like battle scenes in a village, i like to fight lords on foot and i was wondering if there is a separate trick to keep them as they are but swap the starting points just like for the village bandits. Or the bandits one works for this too?

I don't think bandit one will work.

Try finding mst_village_raid village_raid in mission_templates.txt and swapping 3s and 1s the same way as described in tweak #8 (with only exception that there are 4 lines here to change, not 3).
Tell me if it works (I can't test it since my village battles are already gone).

Hey there,

I was wondering if there was a way to tweak the time it takes to improve armor quality from Alexis in the order stronghold? Considering it takes at least 230 days to get a whole set to lordly...

I'm getting really frustrated with the lack of loot after major battles. I read through the whole thread on loot but wanted to see if maybe there's a better way to tweak the loot situation other than editing inventory lists for various units?

Aithere said:
I was wondering if there was a way to tweak the time it takes to improve armor quality from Alexis in the order stronghold? Considering it takes at least 230 days to get a whole set to lordly...
Added as tweak #31.

Phoss said:
I'm getting really frustrated with the lack of loot after major battles. I read through the whole thread on loot but wanted to see if maybe there's a better way to tweak the loot situation other than editing inventory lists for various units?
Well, I don't have any easily-implementable ideas about changing the entire looting system to make it better, so I can only give you a primitive solution:
Find 2108 2 1224979098644774927 8 in scripts.txt. 8 is a divisor in loot_probability formula, so reducing it should increase the amount of loot you will get. 

So I did no. 28, and in order to engage the conversation I have to pick "I'd like to ask you something" followed by "I want to know the location of someone". Then it works perfectly, but is it supposed to be under that conversation string? I feel like I did something wrong, because now I can't ask Lords for the location of another Lord anymore =/

Phoss said:
So I did no. 28, and in order to engage the conversation I have to pick "I'd like to ask you something" followed by "I want to know the location of someone". Then it works perfectly, but is it supposed to be under that conversation string? I feel like I did something wrong, because now I can't ask Lords for the location of another Lord anymore =/
:shock:
No, the dialogue option is supposed to be in "I'd like to ask you something" part of the dialogue, not anywhere "deeper" in the conversation.
What version are you playing? 3.7063?
If so, PM me your conversation.txt and dialog_states.txt files.
If not, this tweak will 95% likely won't work anyway considering the amount of variables used and the likelihood of them having different numbers in a different version.

I just saw your addition to tweak 20 -- very good work, thanks.

There's one more problem: lords being stuck in dead factions. I wonder if there's any way to force them to defect out? Waiting doesn't seem to work well from what I've checked, nor does any use of the cheatmenu.

Leonion said:
Do you mean the bugged lords (even with tweak #20.2), or lords in general?

Lords in general. The last faction was destroyed but lords are still stuck in those dead factions, even ones that were destroyed hundreds of days before.
I think it's another native-based bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom