[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermocline said:
I wonder if any of the claimants can be married, after they become your vassal, if you are a female lord.
Legally?
Ehh...I don't know for sure, but probably not.
I think I had a playthrough when my character was female and she tried to marry Augustus but didn't succeed.

Though I actually have two "cheaty" tweaks: the first one to make any married couple divorce and the second one to marry any lord or lady (marrying kings and claimants as well as same-sex marriages are included). I just didn't post them here yet. :grin:
But if anybody is interested in trying them...

Leonion said:
thermocline said:
I wonder if any of the claimants can be married, after they become your vassal, if you are a female lord.
Legally?
Ehh...I don't know for sure, but probably not.
I think I had a playthrough when my character was female and she tried to marry Augustus but didn't succeed.

Though I actually have two "cheaty" tweaks: the first one to make any married couple divorce and the second one to marry any lord or lady (marrying kings and claimants as well as same-sex marriages are included). I just didn't post them here yet. :grin:
But if anybody is interested in trying them...

I'd love to try it (the second one).  Push Madame Ursula to the throne, defeat her, and then marry her?  Sounds like an epic Pendorian romance.  :razz:

DarkTemplar said:
Check Caba'Drin tweaks, he manipulated groups during battle and did some other similar things for other mods/native.
Here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112413.msg3305049.html#msg3305049
Might get some ideas from that :grin:

Would these still work for PoP?

I've done like 20 tweaks total but when I run the game at loading screen it says "runtime error". I do not know what I did wrong. I followed each step carefully. I did mind the gaps.

Maybe these are the reasons?:

- Tweak #15, when I edit variables, do I add a new line, or do I just write next to the last line?
And what does this mean : "(The number of this variable will be correct for version 3.7063, for other versions it will have to be adjusted)."?

- When I add a line in Conversations.txt, should there be a blank space after "NO_VOICEOVER" at the end of each line?

- The "Body" of the script is the first number in the second line, right? I mean after the "-1" line, there is a line that starts with numbers, is that the body?

Thank you.

Illeno, ow... 20 tweaks.... it can be anything.
Though as far as I remember, my error was usually RGL error, not runtime error when I messed up something. So I don't even know what it could be.

As for tweak #15 - by "when I edit variables" do you mean variables.txt file? If so, you need to add a new line for this new variable.
"(The number of this variable will be correct for version 3.7063, for other versions it will have to be adjusted)" is mostly my reminder to myself. A lot of stuff will have to be adjusted for any different version, but global variables are usually not the case. In this time it is though.

Blank space after NO_VOICEOVER is not necessary.

Can you put the files you edited into an archive, upload it somewhere and give me the link? I'll run file comparison against mine and will probably see what's different.

This #25 is really something! Now you can also help dying faction by donating some $, I love that. That reminded me of my idea about donating $ to orders to get some relation boosts. They need money for their operations and equipment :wink: But that could be exploited a bit on eventide and dawn-something like relations>0 then option is available?

DarkTemplar said:
This #25 is really something! Now you can also help dying faction by donating some $, I love that. That reminded me of my idea about donating $ to orders to get some relation boosts. They need money for their operations and equipment :wink: But that could be exploited a bit on eventide and dawn-something like relations>0 then option is available?

Orders... I'll think about it. :grin:
I also wanted to do the same investment/financial support thing for towns and villages.

The main problem I see here is the need for some sort of a timer (to remove the ability to press a button again and again to gain +100500 relations and +100500 village prosperity in several seconds). With lords, I managed to artificially bypass it by setting a limit of "poorness" (once a lord is given money, his wealth exceeds 2000 and the donation option disappears), but with villages such limits will not be very effective. And with orders... I don't even know what I can use here.
And I really don't want to set a timer, I want something more... creative.

Illeno said:
Alright, here are the files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6opuizy34immjbg/scripts.txt?dl=0
I fixed a couple of errors in scripts.txt.
Try to use this file and see if the game launches.

Also the number at the top of your conversation.txt file should be 3887.

In case of villages: make it disappear once village hits X prosperity, then they will manage on their own, they will get tools and seeds, etc. It all depends on how much you can donate and how it translates into relations/prosperity. Maybe devs might find this idea interesting and use it with rumors timer. Orders are tricky indeed. What about creating order scouting party after your donation - option is hidden as long as this party is alive.

Leonion said:
Illeno said:
Alright, here are the files.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6opuizy34immjbg/scripts.txt?dl=0
I fixed a couple of errors in scripts.txt.
Try to use this file and see if the game launches.

Also the number at the top of your conversation.txt file should be 3887.

Alright! Thank you very much. I will try tonight. For the "Conversation.txt", I made a double check for the first number before, maybe it is my fault that I did not count it well.

Thank you again :smile:

Would it be possible to make riderless horses in tournaments "killable"? They are so bothersome, always getting in the way and there is nothing you can do about it. Some other mods allow this, and it´s quite convenient.

Articulo34 said:
Would it be possible to make riderless horses in tournaments "killable"? They are so bothersome, always getting in the way and there is nothing you can do about it. Some other mods allow this, and it´s quite convenient.
:eek:
Ehmmm... well, if some mods allow this, then it is possible. But personally I don't even have any idea about where to start looking for such setting. :grin:
But if I stumble upon this one day, I'll make a mini-tweak.

Articulo34 said:

I'll have to double check, but I thought this was already true? Maybe it's a difficulty setting?

Krozzy said:
I'll have to double check, but I thought this was already true? Maybe it's a difficulty setting?
If it is then it´s a PoP thing, because with the same settings I can kill riderless tourney horses without a problem in other mods.

Fief swapping is something I was thinking about some time ago, that would be good to have.
Also another request if possible, regarding companions. Can we get all their complaints tweaked? Im thinking specifically about the time when you send one to get support, up to 2 get upset and wont support you. After battles they are all upset at each other. Etc. Basically to get something like TweakMB companions not complaining at all kind of tweak, but working for pop.

DarkTemplar said:
Also another request if possible, regarding companions. Can we get all their complaints tweaked? Im thinking specifically about the time when you send one to get support, up to 2 get upset and wont support you. After battles they are all upset at each other. Etc. Basically to get something like TweakMB companions not complaining at all kind of tweak, but working for pop.
Check tweak #12.2. I tested it a little bit, but I could have missed something, so tell me if I did.

Leonion said:
Check tweak #12.2. I tested it a little bit, but I could have missed something, so tell me if I did.
I cannot find line with 1.000000  100, is it the same line from 12.1? Its increased by 1 already, so I will apply the rest with that in mind and check how its working now. Thanks for help :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom