[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leonion said:
pkh6688 said:
Hi Leonion,

Can you show how to change the number of maximum companions in tavern for Pendor? Just want add some native companions... Thanks.

Unfortunately, there is no way to do it easily. Not the one that I know of, at least.
To add a fully-functioning new companion, you need a module system and a lot of editing of various files.

I always thought it would be cool to be able to have you wife in the game as a possible companion...actually, even better would be to flesh out wives overall, perhaps having each "type" given certain bonuses, with the "adventurous" type being able to become a companion...but I don't know how much of that can be done with just editing the script files vs. coding.

Though for just implementing the "companion" angle, I know that can be done (from this thread here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=162477.0  ).  I tried those changes in the last version of PoP, and it worked, however it seemed to me that those changes are a bit unpolished (e.g. if you change your wife's equipment, she ends up naked when in the castle hall, etc.).  Maybe there are ways to make it work better overall?

Added a quick fix to "faction does not disappear because of invisible lords" issue (tweak #20).
Tested it on 3.705 (I think it was 3.705) where I had 3 bugged factions. All of them successfully vanished. But if anybody encountered this bug too - more tests will be great.

Hmm, looking at Tweak #19, I wonder...is there perhaps any way to ransom non-lord prisoners?  I suppose the downside to adding such a tweak would mean one could farm mass amounts prisoners from cities...so it would definitely have to cost more than ransoming prisoners oneself to the RB or Ramun...and only be a way of trying to recruit troops.

And Noldor prisoners would have to be especially expensive, or that could be a significant exploit.  But I imagine this tweak might take code changing vs. just adding dialog to a prisoner-Lord in the dungeon.

I've been pretty interested in modding, but my time is limited. I would love to shadow you some time Leonion! (I am a programmer)

Anyways, this is from another thread talking about tweaks, where I had some ideas that interest me. Anything sound possible?

1. I wanted to have a game where your character starts off with a set amount of stats, skills, and weapon profs. Instead of leveling up, just add a more achievements that give boosts based on things that made sense.

2. Mess with Lords' stats. I often feel like the NPC lords are pretty useless on the battlefield, I would like to see them make more of an impact during the fighting.

3. Increase the amount of goods produced by villages, increase the item stack sizes/price. Basically boost up the trading aspect.

4. Along side number 3, make the goods production/consumption random based on area of the map. Really make every game different. Balance out the Enterprises.

5. Overhaul the autocalc (not sure if that's possible)

6. Improve AI (map and battle)

Plus a ton of other ideas, but these are the main ones I want to do.

Tonitrus said:
But I imagine this tweak might take code changing vs. just adding dialog to a prisoner-Lord in the dungeon
More like engine changing if a classic party member exchange menu is to be used.  :grin:
But actually it can be done through a new dialogue. In theory.
The problem is, like you said, it will likely be imbalanced and heavily exploited...

Tonitrus said:
Anything sound possible?
Well, I am no programmer, I can add a dialogue here, a couple of operations there, but that's it. Nothing game-changing, so...
1) Nah, redoing the entire game is not my level.
2) Possible for sure, but for this there is Morgh's Editor.
3-4) Morgh's Editor for size/prices, as for economy... ugh, it's kinda complicated: what villagers of specific villages produce, how they sell it in towns, how it affects prices, prosperity, further production and so on. It's a huge thing to change if the changes are to be balanced. Not an idea for a simple tweak for sure.
5) Autocalc can only be changed simply and effectively by PoP developers. They have a quite brilliant unique system here, but the only ways to make it more brilliant lie in changing a huge number of variables. And it can only be done to balance troops in general. Issues that are based on troops' specific equipment such as 50 berserkers defeating 50 noldors cannot be normally fixed since they are handled by the engine which sees battling armies as nothing but 2 strength numbers on each side (like 5758 against 9839). The only way to "fix" it is abandoning primary engine autocalc operation inflict_casualties_to_party_group and creating a solely script-based autocalc mechanism, which I am not sure is even possible. And it's definitely a task for a genius, to think through every step and every nuance.
6) Not my level (both complexity wise and amount-of-work wise), not something that can be added as a tweak. I can only adjust some simple AI patterns such as creating that tweak that forbids weak lords to raid villages.

#7: Is it possible to do this for Inventory Management as well?

I find it kinda dumb that some Companions sell themselves as Quartermasters and have I.M. 7, but it doesn't contribute to your party's capacity.

Phoss said:
#7: Is it possible to do this for Inventory Management as well?
I can't say for sure, but I don't think so.
Inventory size seems to be handled by the game engine, and I don't see any operations that can be used to affect it.

TheMainMethod said:
Is it possible to tweak out of ammo archers/dehorsed cav as infantry, or does that require new scripts?
Like changing their category during battle?
Hmm. I don't know. I'll have to look into this...

Check Caba'Drin tweaks, he manipulated groups during battle and did some other similar things for other mods/native.
Here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112413.msg3305049.html#msg3305049
Might get some ideas from that :grin:

SCV Arius said:
Can someone elaborate on tweak 18? I don't fully understand what it actually does.
After you successfully support claimants, they become kings/queens.
Then, after their kingdoms are destroyed, they don't leave the realm like normal kings, but become vassals in other factions. The problem is they can't be converted to your own kingdom.
With this tweak, they can. You just need to capture them and talk to them when they are prisoners in your party.

SCV Arius said:
Can someone elaborate on tweak 18? I don't fully understand what it actually does.

It prevents this from happening:

ursula.jpg

Reference: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,337122.45.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom