[SUBMOD] Tweaking PoP 3.7 (UPD #45, 2016-12-17, 04:34 PM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raytheon said:
I'm unable to change my wife's equipment, though I am able to change the equipment of any random lady. 

Oh, that's my bad.
I forgot that wives have their own dialogue.
I updated the tweak now.
Check it again.

I have some troubles with disabling companions complaints. My game crashed at loading screen and i see error message "Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules/Prophecy of Pendor V3.705/scripts.txt"

In first post i saw that these tweaks were created for PoP 3.7063, maybe that's the problem? If not, tell me what to do.

Dovak said:
I have some troubles with disabling companions complaints. My game crashed at loading screen and i see error message "Unexpected End of File while reading file: Modules/Prophecy of Pendor V3.705/scripts.txt"

In first post i saw that these tweaks were created for PoP 3.7063, maybe that's the problem? If not, tell me what to do.
Version incompatibility issues only manifest themselves in the game.
Any crashes are caused by a tweak that was added incorrectly...

Does the script you edited look like this?
3xAUuE7.png

Not really, but it's okay now. Alright, i got this option in game but... that's all. Click, click, click and is still says "Disable Companions Complaints". Shouldn't it change, like, disable/enable? It's also possible i just fcked up everything else.

Dovak said:
Shouldn't it change, like, disable/enable?
Nope. :smile:
It's a simple tweak and it only works one way.
Unless you are playing a version that is incompatible with it, clicking it once is enough for it to take effect.

The unit upgrade tweak is very interesting, particularly the sergeant upgrades. Devs should consider it for 3.8. Units like empire mortals, SL Marines, dragon Drake's, wyverns, einherjars etc suddenly become very interesting as clear upgrades over the commoner lines.

thermocline said:
The unit upgrade tweak is very interesting, particularly the sergeant upgrades. Devs should consider it for 3.8. Units like empire mortals, SL Marines, dragon Drake's, wyverns, einherjars etc suddenly become very interesting as clear upgrades over the commoner lines.

But it should be costy. For example. For a knight i need (now) 10 prestige for sergeant 4. So, if i wanna upgrade sergeant to knight it should be worth like 4 prestige and money (500? - noble unit cost) and as 40 lvl unit it should need some exp too.

Leonion said:
Raytheon said:
I'm unable to change my wife's equipment, though I am able to change the equipment of any random lady. 

Oh, that's my bad.
I forgot that wives have their own dialogue.
I updated the tweak now.
Check it again.

Thanks for the quick fix

Her guys, I was wondering ; Is there a tweak that would let me welcome ,over time, pendor knights without having to start my own kingdom because I would like to conquer the map with the firedsvain but I wanna do it with an army of Dawn knights.

Anyway thanks for you guys's time !

Boiterouge said:
Her guys, I was wondering ; Is there a tweak that would let me welcome ,over time, pendor knights without having to start my own kingdom because I would like to conquer the map with the firedsvain but I wanna do it with an army of Dawn knights.

Create Dawn chapters in 2-3 walled fiefs. You will get plenty of knights with auto-reinforcement.

thermocline said:
Boiterouge said:

Create Dawn chapters in 2-3 walled fiefs. You will get plenty of knights with auto-reinforcement.

But do I need to start my own kingdom? Also, to create a chapter of this order I need to own Valonbray !

Boiterouge said:
But do I need to start my own kingdom? Also, to create a chapter of this order I need to own Valonbray !
AFAIR, you only need to have Sir Roland in your party (and have positive relations with Dawns, ofc + certain honor requirements).
On a second thought, though, it seems like owning Valonbray is the condition now.
But at least in my games this town often switched owners, so the opportunity to take it shouldn't take too long to appear.

Leonion said:
Boiterouge said:
AFAIR, you only need to have Sir Roland in your party (and have positive relations with Dawns, ofc + certain honor requirements).
On a second thought, though, it seems like owning Valonbray is the condition now.
But at least in my games this town often switched owners, so the opportunity to take it shouldn't take too long to appear.

Alright thanks alot, but there is still a problem, Pendor knights. Even if i own Valonbray while im a Firedsvain vassal I, still won't, get pendor knights coming to Valonbray over time. Well from what I know at least maybe I'm just wrong.

Anyway, thanks alot once again and have a good one !

Boiterouge said:
Alright thanks alot, but there is still a problem, Pendor knights. Even if i own Valonbray while im a Firedsvain vassal I, still won't, get pendor knights coming to Valonbray over time. Well from what I know at least maybe I'm just wrong.

Anyway, thanks alot once again and have a good one !

That's the reasoning behind opening 2-3 chapters. You'll get a small amount of knights for free every week through passive recruitment, so with multiple chapters, they add up

Lord Irontoe said:
That's the reasoning behind opening 2-3 chapters. You'll get a small amount of knights for free every week through passive recruitment, so with multiple chapters, they add up
Yeah, that + "challenging" quests which are not challenging at all but can give you a lot of KO troops.

Leonion said:
Lord Irontoe said:
Yeah, that + "challenging" quests which are not challenging at all but can give you a lot of KO troops.

I think they reduced the amount of troops you can hire after finishing that quest. I just did it the other day with the Falcons and I was really annoyed that I had managed to keep 30 knights alive at the end, but was only able to hire 10 of them.

Hey Leonion thanks for the great thread.

I was wondering if you could answer me something from the loot thread in regards to tweaking:

Leonion said:
noosers said:
So where´s the definition of 10 shares for the PC and 3 for the NPC?

player_loot_share (for the player) and hero_loot_share (for companions) are defined in header_parties in module system.
If .txt files variables just turn into numbers, so we get the following:
2133 2 1224979098644774912 10
1650 2 1224979098644774913 648518346341351424
6 3 1224979098644774914 1 1224979098644774913
1652 3 1224979098644774915 648518346341351424 1224979098644774914
4 0
2147485155 1 1224979098644774915
1653 3 1224979098644774916 648518346341351424 1224979098644774914
2105 2 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774916
5 0
2105 2 1224979098644774912 3
3 0
3 0
2133 2 72057594037927936 1224979098644774912

P.S. Your interpretation is not entirely correct.
The game first assigns a player's share to the num_player_party_shares variable.
Then it starts "picking" every companion (the word "companion" means "any troop that accompanies a player character (or a lord or simply other members of a party if a party does not have a leader)" in the scripts, while who we call "companions" are generally referred to as "heroes") one by one and do the following:
- Is it not a hero? Alright, then let's add a total stack size to the num_player_party_shares variable.
- Oh, is it not not a hero? Let's try "else_try" then and add +3 to the num_player_party_shares variable.

I wanted to modify how many shares my companion(s) take, would it be as simple as just modifying the "3" or would I need to make tweaks in other areas as well? 

Lord Irontoe said:
I think they reduced the amount of troops you can hire after finishing that quest. I just did it the other day with the Falcons and I was really annoyed that I had managed to keep 30 knights alive at the end, but was only able to hire 10 of them.
How many knights you can recruit depends on your relation with the order.
I believe the cap is ~75% (or something like that) of the ones who survived.

gansch said:
I wanted to modify how many shares my companion(s) take, would it be as simple as just modifying the "3"? 
Yeah, this should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom