[SUBMOD]Legendaries Replacers v.2 and new Dreaded Wolf v.3 for Perisno 0.81

Users who are viewing this thread

It all started when I first get the Kingslayer, I was suprised by how ugly it looks. So I opened the cheatmenu and take a quick look at all of the legendary weapons and seem like they mostly share the same problem, some with the scabbard does not even look anything like the blade itself.
Since I love Perisno to death, I decided to do something, basically searching online for good looking osp, free 3d weapon models that some how look kind of similar to the originals or atleast fit the faction theme/lore, then try my best to convert them to work and look pretty in game.

V.1 SCREENSHOTS:
Kingslayer:
HLs9EfE.png
AZQ0y3M.png
Dreaded Sword has 2 versions to choose:
ctmFE0m.png
16sCpWe.png
Skyfall:
9AOrzfi.png
Divine Hammer:
in32nwj.png
Why it look nothing similar to the original slegehammer ? BECAUSE IT'S A WEAPON, NOT A DAMN TOOL!
Joke aside, I think the hammer should look more fancy than a tool you use to break down walls. After all, it was hidden inside the main city of  Perisno's most fancy faction.

V.2 SCREENSHOTS:
Nisaynian's Legacy:
ZvkDIa0.png
New Skyfall, more performance wise:
CzrMolv.png
New Flamebringer with scabbard from Perisno New Begining:
lvTQbXO.png
Dreaded Wolf v.1 More wolf-like, less rat-like, better animations, credit to Lightwolf_Games, a very talented 3d artist. Check out his mod "The Third Age of Middle-Earth" on Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-third-age-of-middle-earth
fbOF9Yr.png
nmUVodw.png
BiaV0wz.jpg
RhvMckd.jpg
Dreaded Wolf v.2: Retextured and added claws to look more similar to the old one
9VPBInF.png
DREADED WOLF V.3: By Lightwolf_Games, added new claws, improved mesh, new textures and shader, VERY NICE™
mb_warband_2018_04_22_14_42_48_65.png

DOWNLOAD:
v.1a: Replace 4 listed above legendary weapons with new models, fixed the bug with Flamebringer's texture. (For Perisno v0.81)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12x1afE3FD0oSTQkGhr5rCXQfOe28p7Zm
v.1b: This version is the same as v.1a but use 2rd model for Dreaded Sword. (Image above)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ajhH2vJCQlhhN7GnxRi9bWGNAVru44Ps
v.2a: Added replacement for Nisaynian's Legacy. removed Skyfall model from v.1 and replace it with a more performance wise one, added Flamebringer model with scabbard from PNB.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JuUA6008X-7vFfiz47VNv7OuqX4e0x7B
v.2b: The same as v.1b with changes from v.2a.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LB20Cj08mBcGKEINYn5gj-x-dBPP12r3
Dreaded Wolf v.2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17IyVoKm7IV3OuONgYYcRx4SUMuRIL7to
DREADED WOLF V.3
https://drive.google.com/open?id=10oG2yfVtuZEa84LjjTsLYl0gwdKdbxiH
NOTE: If you have an old pc and happen to own more than 50 Household Guards in your party or fiefs, DO NOT give these weapons to them or else your game will most likely crash in battle.

Credit:
TES4 OSP
DCR Blade Set by Angilla
Bec de Corbin by RonnieMagnum
Lilith's Harbringer by Wiikki
3D Warg model by Lightwolf_Games
Perisno: New Begining by Leonion

Hope you enjoy the pack and please let me know your opinion on how to make it better. Thank you.

TES OSP.
Current dreaded sword is from the same OSP too, btw.

The problem with TES osp is that its items are very high-poly. Although, well, taking into account that these swords are legendaries, yeah, I guess they could be replaced with prettier ones, even if polycount is high.

Although personally I like Skyfall. mackie's OSP is one of my favorites, actually.

Leonion said:
TES OSP.
Current dreaded sword is from the same OSP too, btw.

The problem with TES osp is that its items are very high-poly. Although, well, taking into account that these swords are legendaries, yeah, I guess they could be replaced with prettier ones, even if polycount is high.

Although personally I like Skyfall. mackie's OSP is one of my favorites, actually.
Yep, unless someone let their household guards use these swords and have like 50-100 of these troop, the game should runs fine.
I love the mackie bastard sword too, but it looks way too simple to be an unique, legendary sword in a fantasy world such as Perisno in my opinion.
P/s: I hate the original dreaded sword model back when I was still playing TES:Oblivion, suprised how it got a place in Perisno...

These are fantastic models, Carlos, I hope the devs decide to include them into the base mod. And I hope this thread doesn't stop with legendary weapons, we desperately need variety in all factions, Perisno is a very ambitious project and there are only a few of devs, possibly one or two skilled in 3d. Please if you find any interesting weapons or armors, do share them here. I would like to contribute, but I am still learning the ropes around 3ds Max and lately I have been very lazy to do anything.

arduus said:
These are fantastic models, Carlos, I hope the devs decide to include them into the base mod. And I hope this thread doesn't stop with legendary weapons, we desperately need variety in all factions, Perisno is a very ambitious project and there are only a few of devs, possibly one or two skilled in 3d. Please if you find any interesting weapons or armors, do share them here. I would like to contribute, but I am still learning the ropes around 3ds Max and lately I have been very lazy to do anything.
I would love to convert and replace some armors as well, but the problem is I know nothing of rigging. While Prophesy of Pendor and Full Invasion 2 have some good armor sets that would fit the world of Perisno perfectly, I doubt if they would grant me the permission to use their assets for a Perisno submod.
Personally, I'm using the Maximillian armor set from FI2 as replacement for the Reich's black armor, added a black plume to the helm:
tApt2HX.png
hoxwUmv.png

Those are fan creations that don't seek a commercial purpose, any modder should be open to share their assets with the community (although I am sure some would not be willing to), but you don't lose anything by asking, if you really would like to add an armor or weapon, you should take your chances and ask the creator for permission.

They look pretty good, except I'm not a fan of that Dreaded Sword. I hate it when the sword guard curves backward like that. How are you supposed to use it without cutting your own hand?

arduus said:
Those are fan creations that don't seek a commercial purpose, any modder should be open to share their assets with the community (although I am sure some would not be willing to), but you don't lose anything by asking, if you really would like to add an armor or weapon, you should take your chances and ask the creator for permission.
Well, may be if the armors in Perisno v0.9 doesn't get easier on the eyes then I will try. For now, I'll just focus working on weapons, replace some none legendaries as well since some of them remind me of original M&B and Floris...

Lord Irontoe said:
They look pretty good, except I'm not a fan of that Dreaded Sword. I hate it when the sword guard curves backward like that. How are you supposed to use it without cutting your own hand?
I found some new models for Skyfall and Dreaded Sword, these new one look significantly more realistic, working on them right now.

I drew a Zweihänder a few months ago, if you are interested I can send it to you, but you might need to reduce the polygon count and I never created textures for it.

2112wwg.jpg

arduus said:
I drew a Zweihänder a few months ago, if you are interested I can send it to you, but you might need to reduce the polygon count and I never created textures for it.

2112wwg.jpg
Oh thank you, but there are plenty of good zweihander models in the mod already. The dev messed up the one used for Flamebringer by (accidentaly?) named 2 models with the same name, this made its texture bugged ingame. I fixed the bug and made a mesh with revert animations so now the Flamebringer will look like this on your back (no more scabbard from native):
c33GTsb.png
and still fully functional (flaming when draw).

Check out the new Dread Wolf guys, so far the model works great while its animations is a huge improvement compare to the original one. It still need a little bit of retexturing to fit Perisno theme, if nothing goes wrong, I will release it tomorrow  :party:

IMO, the new wolf looks bad.
The fur is a mess and the texture quality is lower.

As for flamebringer (and other weapons in general) - you might want to take a look at updated PNB assets since they will likely make it to 0.9.
3TBSioO.jpg
Famebringer was fixed and a scabbard was made for it.

Leonion said:
IMO, the new wolf looks bad.
The fur is a mess and the texture quality is lower.

As for flamebringer (and other weapons in general) - you might want to take a look at updated PNB assets since they will likely make it to 0.9.
3TBSioO.jpg
Famebringer was fixed and a scabbard was made for it.
The thing I hate about the original wolf is when it stand still, this is how it look like:
AwZM2D9.png
and no, the texture quality is actually better, it feels dull now because of there is no normal map for it yet, once I finish the normal map, it will look better.
As for the Flamebringer, I do want to make a scabbard for it, but that will have to wait afew days since I'll work on the dragons next.
The Flamebringer was fixed and a scabbard was made for it in PNB, as far as I know, there was no fixs for it in P0.81 yet and not everybody familier with Openbrf to fix it themself.

What I mean is: don't waste your time re-inventing the wheel, just copy the files if you find them ok.
If you will be the one to make a patch for Perisno 0.8 using PNB assets while we're procrastinating with 0.9, it will be great.  :smile:

As for DW - yep, rigging could be improved (and, btw, do you have author's permission to use that wolf?), but your texture seems blurrier on the screenshots.

Leonion said:
What I mean is: don't waste your time re-inventing the wheel, just copy the files if you find them ok.
If you will be the one to make a patch for Perisno 0.8 using PNB assets while we're procrastinating with 0.9, it will be great.  :smile:

As for DW - yep, rigging could be improved (and, btw, do you have author's permission to use that wolf?), but your texture seems blurrier on the screenshots.
I would love to make a patch for v0.8 using PNB, although it has been more than a year since its release, so can you give me a bit of head up about how long from now on you will take to finish v0.9 ? It would be very sad if v0.9 release just afew days after I finished the patch.
I think it was blurry because the model of the wolf's head is too wide for its texture, I will try to resize the head to see if it fixs the problem.
About his permission:
H9gCypA.png

Carlos_de_Tonkin said:
It would be very sad if v0.9 release just afew days after I finished the patch.
:smile:
No, I'm afraid the release of 0.9 won't happen any time soon.
Plus I didn't mean making the "full" patch, more like just those pieces you felt like patching.

Anyway, enough of me advising, do what you feel like doing.  :grin:
Feel free to use any PNB updated assets to save time, as for outside sources - just make sure to have everyone's permission and credit everyone.

Back
Top Bottom