[SUBMOD] [For PoP 3.9.5] Proper/Polished Landscapes Mod V.3.6+ NEW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Zapper said:
I inst alled PoP on steam, and this mod seems not to work if i put it into steam's installation folder....I get the error that the game didn't manage to open a file while processing ini at launch

I do not support the steam version of this Mod. You can download the mod from Moddb and add everything else to your regular POP Mod folder. I also advise to make sure that you have turned off, the editor mode in the warband configurations.

edit: i just tested it, I have no problems with the Submod and the PoP mod from Moddb and i also get the error message on that steam version, but don't care.

Zapper said:
If i install it from ModDB and uninstall the steam version, will i be able to keep my saves, though?

yes, if the save game folder in your Win/Documents has the same name like your Pop mod in the list when you start ya game.

Zapper said:
Umh....i manually installed it, but i get the very same error at launch..
I presume you have M&B Warband on Steam. You could try checking the integrity of files inside your Steam client. Otherwise I have no more ideas what could be the problem based on your vague reply. I can't check this submod for a good while, I'm at work. Can somebody confirm if the latest version works without any errors?

Yep, the game is on steam. I verified local files, all is ok.

The exact error i am getting is: ''Unable to open file: Modules/Prophesy of Pendor v. 3.9.4/Resource/tree_meshes.brf ''

Gorvex said:
Zapper said:
Umh....i manually installed it, but i get the very same error at launch..
I presume you have M&B Warband on Steam. You could try checking the integrity of files inside your Steam client. Otherwise I have no more ideas what could be the problem based on your vague reply. I can't check this submod for a good while, I'm at work. Can somebody confirm if the latest version works without any errors?

Like I said....I do not support the steam version of this Mod. You can download the mod from Moddb and add everything else to your regular POP Mod folder. I also advise to make sure that you have turned off, the editor mode in the warband configurations.

I just tested it, I have no problems with the Submod and the PoP mod from Moddb and i also get the error message on that steam version, but don't care.

Zapper said:
Yeah, i did all that....It seems submods do not work well with the steam version, even if i download the mod from MDBB (like i did now).
Here's one more idea, in the launcher, did you make sure that you lauched the version you grabbed from Moddb and not the one from Steam Workshop? Because if you haven't removed the steam workshop version, then you currently have 2 versions of PoP installed... Steam Workshop mods getting tweaked / changed are prone to rgl errors, just as in your case. The easiest would be to remove all remnants of PoP from the Steam Workshop, to be absolutely sure that no ****ery would happen. Workshop mods get downloaded here: "Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ workshop \ content \ 48700". And forget using Steam Workshop for M&B Warband mods in the future. New versions are almost never savegame-compatible, and once they are released, you can't do anything to prevent your mods to update, disabling you from continuing to play on your current saves. Unless you install mods manually (from Moddb or Nexus), which will be stable (i.e. offline) in this regard. Other games are mostly fine to download mods from Steam Workshop, as I don't recall other game updates being savegame-incompatible 99% of times.

Gorvex said:
Zapper said:
Yeah, i did all that....It seems submods do not work well with the steam version, even if i download the mod from MDBB (like i did now).
Here's one more idea, in the launcher, did you make sure that you lauched the version you grabbed from Moddb and not the one from Steam Workshop? Because if you haven't removed the steam workshop version, then you currently have 2 versions of PoP installed... Steam Workshop mods getting tweaked / changed are prone to rgl errors, just as in your case. The easiest would be to remove all remnants of PoP from the Steam Workshop, to be absolutely sure that no ****ery would happen. Workshop mods get downloaded here: "Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ workshop \ content \ 48700". And forget using Steam Workshop for M&B Warband mods in the future. New versions are almost never savegame-compatible, and once they are released, you can't do anything to prevent your mods to update, disabling you from continuing to play on your current saves. Unless you install mods manually (from Moddb or Nexus), which will be stable (i.e. offline) in this regard. Other games are mostly fine to download mods from Steam Workshop, as I don't recall other game updates being savegame-incompatible 99% of times.
Thank you Gorvex for helping out!

I also wanted to share this with everyone! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAWw7S210is

And this to learn true master race music! :fruity: :mrgreen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4ch32NTtkc

Mission accomplished!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDHqWk9xGhM 

Gorvex said:
Zapper said:

Yep, i did uninstall it from steam completely, then installed it manually. I ticked ''load textures on demand'' and disabled the editor.

Zapper said:
Gorvex said:
Zapper said:

Yep, i did uninstall it from steam completely, then installed it manually. I ticked ''load textures on demand'' and disabled the editor.

Did you select the right mod then, in the warband launcher? It should work on the Moddb version, all the files are there and the txt files are correct, too. Just looked it up again..

HooTmAn said:
Zapper said:
Gorvex said:
Zapper said:

Did you select the right mod then, in the warband launcher? It should work on the Moddb version, all the files are there and the txt files are correct, too. Just looked it up again..

I just noticed something went wrong when i posted my reply and the message was blank, so i will repost it....

Yes, it's the right one, because it's the only one.

The problems is on the package you put an "S" on the "resource" folder

to get it work just copy the files inside:

"Modules\Prophesy of Pendor V3.9.4\Resources/"

to

"Modules/Prophesy of Pendor v. 3.9.4/Resource/"

Sorry. Another files are different so this is my version of Polished Landscapes for POP 3.9.5.1 (with hotfix)
Changes:
-Added back the Hoof prints map_misc texture (tracking symbol on the map) for PoP (hutman mention this but didn't do it)
-Blood particles reverted to originall.
-Fixed missed grass texture.

Last edited:
Version 3.5 for PoP 3.9.5 -New!
-Fixed some textures
-Added new Textures
-Better performance but still feels more real, bushy.
-Added back the Hoof prints map_misc texture (tracking symbol on the map) for PoP
-My Map icon addition is gone because the POP ones rule.
-!!New Blood textures and effects, for more brutality!!
-It's more like a light version only with the overworked Polished Landscapes because the PoP Devs took my inspiration on a new lvl MapIcons, Borders so on..
Thank You PoP Team! so much for PoP 3.9.5!!!very super awesome stuff! :wink:
This is completely save game compatible!

-Download link for Version 3.5 for PoP 3.9.5

-you should use 7zip, winrar could also work.

:fruity: enjoy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom