[SUBMOD] [For PoP 3.9.5] Proper/Polished Landscapes Mod V.3.6+ NEW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version 3.6+ for PoP 3.9.5 -New!
-Fixed many textures
-Added new Textures
-Better performance but still feels more real, bushy.
-My Map icon addition is gone because the POP ones rule.
-NEW HD Blood textures and effects, for more brutality:twisted:
-NEW Music awesome tracks which fit well into PoP
-NEW Sounds for units during Battles
-Added the Hoof prints map_misc texture (tracking symbol on the map) for PoP /if you don't like the Hoof prints and want the arrows back, then replace the map_misc.dds texture with the original texture one from your pop zip...
Thank You PoP Team! So much for PoP 3.9.5!!! It's sum very super awesome stuff! :wink::shock:
This is completely save game compatible!

-Download link for Version 3.6+ for PoP 3.9.5

-you should use 7zip, winrar could also work.

:fruity::fruity: enjoy!

Version 2.2 for PoP 3.8.4
-Polishedlandscapes for PoP 3.8.4
-Optimized Textures, BRFs
-More collisions fixed, replaced
-New Pine Trees, form CWE OSP credits to Mark7
-Changed most big rocks to smaller ones, no more stucked troops and floating rocks from space
-Some new and different Textures
-New, bigger Partys-Icons (more people walking around)
-And a some Fixes, lightning, shadder changes for some meshes .

Version 1.9 for PoP 3.8.1
-Polishedlandscapes for PoP 3.8.1
-New Pine Trees, form CWE OSP credits to Mark7
-Changed most big rocks to smaller ones, no more stucked troops and floating rocks from space
-Some new and different Textures
-New, bigger Partys-Icons (more people walking around)
-New Tavern Sounds, fixed and one Song changed

Version 1.8 for PoP 3.7063
-Fixed a bug where the ntb_wooden_castle_mapicon Texture did not show up for some, one day ingame.
-Changed some Textures for tees, they look better now, more good looking colors.
-Made the Trees on the campaingn Map a bit bigger, looks more forest like, better.
This is savegame compatible you can also use the Tweaking PoP files from Leonin with this Submod and PoP 3.7063 of course

For v1.7 for PoP 3.7063
This SubMod changes Flora textures (Plants, Trees, Ground), Background (Borders), Map (Textures, Icons for town, castels). For me it gives more immersion and looks kind of more realistic (Polished) with the all new textures for the Units from PoP.
-New look for all scenes, battles.
-A fixed scene.txt for the borders, in "native PoP" you had desert with steppe around it. now it shows you desert with desert borders around it. Thanks to, rammler1991.
-New Map-look with different textures and MapIcons for trees, towns, castles.
-Fixed Polished Landscapes. textures, meshes, kollisions. for a smooth and good looking game play.
-Fixed Native trees and the bark also on stumps.
-You are free to use it like you want, you also could just take the map icons. for that you Have to put the map_icons_b .brf from this download in the resource folder of your PoP and change the command in your module.ini from: load_resource = map_icons_b to load_mod_resource = map_icons_b

For V1.6: is also savegame compatible.
-Added, changed some textures for plain, rocks, pebbles.
Gh7xT.jpg
-Changed the map Icons for the wooden castle to a wooden castle one :wink:
z2e4I.jpg
-Changed, deleted even more wrong collisions form PolishedLandsacpes for a smoother game play.

After some people asked me to upload it pls. I did it then. :smile:

NOTE:
-You have to place the files from this Submod, download files (Data,Texture,...) into your POP 3.8.4 Folder (Data,Texture,...) where it says, they belong. Replace module.ini in the PoP folder directly. Say yes if he asks you to replace, overwirte the files.. THIS IS SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE.
-After you installed PoP with a patch, extract the submod files into you PoP folder. Or copy and paste them then into your PoP folder after extracting them.
-You can also delete it again and "reinstall" POP 3.7 like it was (Nativ) and play along with out this pack on your savegame again on Native again if you want to do so.

Pics:

Your FPS should not drop because of this. For me it did not happen.
I use this and battle size 300.
(low end systems maybe have FPS problems with this)

Let me know if you have problems with version 2.2 or you encounter something wrong. I will try to help you, fix the problem.

Credits and a big thank you to: gutekfiutek for polished landscpes and Al_Mansur for Al_Mansurs Item, Model pack and Mark7 for CWE trees. And of course the PoP team for this awesome Mod.

older version 1.8 for PoP 3.7063:
-This is savegame compatible you can also use the Tweaking PoP files from Leonin with this Submod and PoP 3.7063 of course

Last edited:
Please adjust the title to indicate it's a submod. This doesn't fix anything in the mod so it's misleading to other players.

Thanks and nice work.

Looks good man! Already fine tuned my game looks-wise but I am using your far terrain pack and the map icons I'm definitely going to try out. How do I just change the town/castle/village icons?

murphy9926 said:
So i've ran into this issue...All I did was drag, drop and override.

Error.png

I had that problem before with the "border" terrain textures, he just forgot to add the file to the pack. He'll fix it when he checks back in. It's worth it, the immersion is much greater and the battlefields don't feel so restricted/game-like now.

saxondragon said:
We never implemented this directly in the past as we were worried about the reduced performance on low end systems.

Interesting thought...

I mean you dont have to, you already did something with terrain textures. Best would be something own, with stuff like low fantasy flora ^^ like in skyrim, that Nirnroot or glowing mushrooms at night in the Noldor forest ;D

I did not notice a difference between this pack and normal version on the FPS. But, yeah it is maybe to much for low end systems..
"I would like to know if somebody can play it on his low end pc " let me know anybody pls

I have so much FUN with 3.7 so far, thank you again and all devs so much!

murphy9926 said:
So i've ran into this issue...All I did was drag, drop and override.

Error.png

SRY DUDE for this, i thought i already placed those textures in my "pack" from my other "pack" ^^
I will do a new download link, i already fixed it and tested the "new version" on a clean POP 3.7 install and it should now all be there. 3 textures were missing..  :oops: It gave me no errors now.

wookdaddy said:
Looks good man! Already fine tuned my game looks-wise but I am using your far terrain pack and the map icons I'm definitely going to try out. How do I just change the town/castle/village icons?
Thank you much for your interest and help. I like your banners and mix of older ones much, i can difference the Partys way better!
You can make your own BRF and give the module.ini the command like this
load_mod_resource = map_tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = particle_meshes
load_mod_resource = tree_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes
load_mod_resource = plant_meshes
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_c
load_mod_resource = grass_meshes_b
load_mod_resource = tree_e_meshes
load_mod_resource = terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = particles_2
load_mod_resource = env_materials
delete the old (original) ones, then you have to say load mod resource = name of the BRF. I just took the native one and changed the icons in it, then it is a mod_resource.
If you have new textures you have to make a new BRF with all the marterial/textures in it to load this, too. Otherwise it wont even show up in your BRF programm (or it's just a white texture).

the only thing i like about PL is the dust ^_^

for me, it's too dark. but, from what i know, it is possible to not replace the current grass textures? also, i like skies to be wide and sunny. to me, MB is medieval europe so i cannot associate it with the neverending dark clouds.

mniezo said:
the only thing i like about PL is the dust ^_^

for me, it's too dark. but, from what i know, it is possible to not replace the current grass textures? also, i like skies to be wide and sunny. to me, MB is medieval europe so i cannot associate it with the neverending dark clouds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0cxNbz4yKc 

I must say i got some inspiration from this movie ^^
It is not that dark all the time, i uploaded some new pics at the first post.

I like the mod, but there are some texture errors and some other problems.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4224/y4xe37nq_jpg.htm

Here you can see bad textures on walls. i dont know if it is an error or just a low res texture. i find the wall a little bit too bright. in snow tones like rane and poinsbruck the "shining walls" are more intense then in this example here

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4224/nmotyi5n_jpg.htm

Here you can see a scene from the desert. unfortunatly the backround and the middle is from steppe. i dont know how to fix that.

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4224/zhuqsh8a_jpg.htm

the last picutre is a scene from steppe. the middle is from plain i guess?

Does anybody know how to fix that bugs and problems to get a smoother experience in scenes?

rammler1991 said:

Here you can see bad textures on walls. i dont know if it is an error or just a low res texture. i find the wall a little bit too bright. in snow tones like rane and poinsbruck the "shining walls" are more intense then in this example here

Here you can see a scene from the desert. unfortunatly the backround and the middle is from steppe. i dont know how to fix that.

Does anybody know how to fix that bugs and problems to get a smoother experience in scenes?

Did you redownload the file i put up a "new version" today the 7-zip file is 52 mb big.
I actually changed nothing with wall textures but you can do it easily by your self, how you like it..

Yes, this desert/ steppe thing is...
what i think is, that there are actually no desert zones on the map because i put the desert + background stuff in the BRF you can still find it. So, the desert battles are actually desert steppe battles from the mod itself. thats just what i think on this, so far..

Nope, The "middle" from the terrain_borders/ steppe is a steppe texture i may change that texture to an other, better fitting steppe texture.

Well, this autumn/early spring weather doesn't really match PoP colourful epicness, though it's more natural and less plastic, so I'll give it a try.
But castle/town map icons aren't needed at all, they're too much different than actual settlement.

HooTmAn said:
rammler1991 said:

Did you redownload the file i put up a "new version" today the 7-zip file is 52 mb big.
I actually changed nothing with wall textures but you can do it easily by your self, how you like it..

Yes, this desert/ steppe thing is...
what i think is, that there are actually no desert zones on the map because i put the desert + background stuff in the BRF you can still find it. So, the desert battles are actually desert steppe battles from the mod itself. thats just what i think on this, so far..

Nope, The "middle" from the terrain_borders/ steppe is a steppe texture i may change that texture to an other, better fitting steppe texture.

I used the newest version.

do you know how i can change the scene? i would patch this issues by myself when i would know how to change backround and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom