SP Dark Ages [Submod] Dark Age 867AD

Users who are viewing this thread

xdj1nn said:
not present in Blood Eagle
what does this have to do with Blood Eagle?

xdj1nn said:
Ulf's Farm quest
this mod is not for the storyline.. not playing and not test..

xdj1nn said:
Sometimes after talking to a lord my party gets decimated as if I had just auto-fought them. Sometimes I instantly win fights without doing anything but entering it. Numerous crashes in different instances when entering them.
i have not encountered these bugs and no one wrote about them..

xdj1nn said:
I'd say the code changes are not working as intended or that there were numerous oversights on them which lead to glitches that were never fixed. Maybe even the codes were made with an older base version of VC in which they were still present and the mod wasn't updated.
this is a modified version of VC RE 2.036 which requires the start of a new game and is not compatible with saves..

code changes involve using some tweaks and adding some icons and effects to them..
the main code changes are related to some shaders and do not affect the gameplay..

when i say “code” i don't mean items and other changes not related to the module source..

ha3481 said:
xdj1nn said:
not present in Blood Eagle
what does this have to do with Blood Eagle?

xdj1nn said:
Ulf's Farm quest
this mod is not for the storyline.. not playing and not test..

xdj1nn said:
Sometimes after talking to a lord my party gets decimated as if I had just auto-fought them. Sometimes I instantly win fights without doing anything but entering it. Numerous crashes in different instances when entering them.
i have not encountered these bugs and no one wrote about them..

xdj1nn said:
I'd say the code changes are not working as intended or that there were numerous oversights on them which lead to glitches that were never fixed. Maybe even the codes were made with an older base version of VC in which they were still present and the mod wasn't updated.
this is a modified version of VC RE 2.036 which requires the start of a new game and is not compatible with saves..

code changes involve using some tweaks and adding some icons and effects to them..
the main code changes are related to some shaders and do not affect the gameplay..

when i say “code” i don't mean items and other changes not related to the module source..
don't get bitter, i've only encountered these bugs in this specific mod, so if informing of such glitches' frowned upon, I'll not utter a single word about it anymore, and let it be as it is...

On another note, I've got a question (kind of important one I'd say), where was the Bandit King Sword moved? (idk when if or why it was, but it's not in the old vanilla spot, it may as well have been due to official patches, but I wouldn't know), was the ability to acquire it completely removed from the game or is it somewhere else?

I've also noticed all women in the game has the same face, which's pretty weird

WARNING: IM A TOTAL ROOKIE AT DOWNLOAD MODS SO HANG ME FOR NOT KNOWING HOW TO DO THE MOST SIMPLE OF STEPS haha

Okay so I download this submod, following the steps,

- open your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder;
- copy your 'Viking Conquest' folder as new folder and rename this as 'Dark Age';

Now here is where I think I am going wrong,

- download Dark Age and extracting files from an archive in any place;
I think I must be doing the whole extracting thing wrong because I've tried it so many different ways but it doesn't seem to work..

- copy all files from '\Dark Age' to your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Dark Age' folder.
Then this last step as straight forward as it sounds I probably ****ed this up too haha

any help would be appreciated!

All you recommended in the first post..
I started my character and after I got my first 25K I went to Jorvik to start an enterprise. I met the mayor and asked to start a new business, but every enterprise I pick, it says I get 12M to 25M, it depends...
I exploited that, and the fun was lost by doing so, getting 20M every week!
Is there a tweak in the scripts.txt file to fiddle with..?

Thanks!

Version Mount & Blade: Warband 1.174
Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.044
Dark Age 3.1
New game ( After I messed up with the millions of income every day...  :razz: )

Edit 1: I have also noticed, some villages, when they are being Raided or they are Looted, they get the city port map icon, or other random ones like a boar or a bandit.
Edit 2: Tournaments in castles bug?! Contestants spawn next to me or realy far away from me.
Edit 3: Trade is almost impossible, a lot of items look really dark and I have noticed the NPCs look dark in the search screen as well.

By the way, you have done an excellent job and optimization with the flora in scenes, I hardly get any lag, like I had before which made the game quite unplayable!

Thank you!

Dark Age 3.1 works with Balance Mod 10.0 ? Because ive played Dark Age and ive added in Balance Mod 10.0 and i get problem now when i want to load my game,it says - Cant open textures brf....

To combine Balance Mod and Dark Age you need to use the compatibility version of Dark Age (Dark Age graphics modpack 1.1, NOT the main version of Dark Age), as well as also install the compatibility patch.

The directions are in the description of the compatibility patch here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vc-balance-mod/downloads/vc-balance-moddark-age-graphics-mod-compatibility-patch

“To use ha3481's Dark Age mod together with VC Balance Mod, follow these steps in this order:

1) Download and install VC Balance Mod by copying into Viking Conquest directory, overwriting.

2) Download and install ha3481's Dark Age mod compatibility version here at the Viking Conquest ModDB page called "Optional: Graphic Modpack for VC 1.1" by copying into Viking Conquest directory, overwriting. https://www.moddb.com/mods/dark-age-for-viking-conquest/downloads/graphic-mod-pack-for-vc-11

3) Download and install the module.ini file from this download (compatibility patch) by copying into Viking Conquest directory, overwriting.

Make sure to do those steps in that exact order.”

If you have tried to install the main version of Dark Age already, you need to completely uninstall and delete Viking Conquest, reinstall, then follow the installation instructions above for using the compatibility version.

Those directions are quoting the description of the linked compatibility patch. The compatibility patch is module.ini

Here is the link to the compatibility patch/module.ini again: https://www.moddb.com/mods/vc-balance-mod/downloads/vc-balance-moddark-age-graphics-mod-compatibility-patch

Glad to hear it!

The thanks goes to Ha3481 for creating the compatibility version and patch that allows Balance Mod and Dark Age to be enjoyed together. It was really great of him to do so.

Drax70 said:
I have found another bug,
I see riders with horses in taverns and on benches, in villages and towns.
version, screenshot, new game/savegame, experiments?
[quote author=Drax70]
I'm experimenting and trying to implement some "friendly-resourse"
I'm changing this mod to look as "I see fit.."
[/quote]

------------------
Tingyun, thanks for the answers

Back
Top Bottom