SP Dark Ages [Submod] Dark Age 867AD

Users who are viewing this thread

ha3481

If I wanted to use your mod only for the visual changes, what is the easiest way to do this? I am only asking because I have used my own vc_tweaks_tool mods and don't want to import any of the Sword & Shield balance stuff. Would I just import everything but itemkinds1.txt?

Regards,
Zeqe

Zeqe said:
If I wanted to use your mod only for the visual changes, what is the easiest way to do this? I am only asking because I have used my own vc_tweaks_tool mods and don't want to import any of the Sword & Shield balance stuff. Would I just import everything but itemkinds1.txt?
to remove tweaks remove these txt. files from \Dark Age..
conversation.txt
menus.txt
mission_templates.txt
presentations.txt
scripts.txt
variable_uses.txt

to go back to vanilla balance you can use the \[options]\VC Balance

Update
2.x - submod versions
3.x - module versions of this submod

Dark Age submod
Current version: 2.5
Requirements: Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.028 or later
Installation requires VCRE module. Compatible with VC savegames
See Change log on Nexus

Dark Age 867AD
Current version: 3.0 beta
Modified VCRE 2.036 + Dark Age submod in one. Requires starting a new game. Incompatible with VC savegames.

Changes require starting a new game:
- added new icons and some animation effects
- changed some troops and equipment
- added some tweaks

Stop AI declaring war if you are too strong = 1
Escape chance enemy lords = 25%
Chance capturing ship = 100%
Captured ship condition max = 80%
Build ship takes no materials = 1
Join either side battle = 1
Hire extra bandit types = 1
Hire prisoners without costs = 1
Centers recruit from current faction = 1
Battle continuation after KO = 1
Morrigan wont leave = 1

kalarhan said:
ha3481 said:
Installation does not require module VCRE.
you should update your description to make it clear if this it is still a VC submod, which means it would still require the DLC serial key (player needs to buy both Warband and VC to play it).
ok.. thanks
ha3481 said:
3.x - module versions
"module versions"  is a version of the Dark Age submod which already contains:
- VCRE 2.036 (require the DLC serial key)
- Dark Age submod
- some changes that require starting a new game

So i have made a copy of my viking conquest > called it  Dark Age > Downloaded the mod > extracting it though winrar and into the dark age folder i made. now my problem is, when i start up my mount and blade and get to the box where i can chose to configure and launch my game i go to the small box where i can swicth to Vanilla or Viking conquest and Dark age. When i start up dark age from that box. it begins the game but it is the vanilla Viking Conquest that launches. What have i done wrong? i don't get it.

Hårfager said:
extracting it though winrar and into the dark age folder i made
use 7zip archiver.. and extract into \Modules folder

- download Dark Age and extracting files (use 7zip) from an archive in any place;
- copy all files from '\Dark Age' to your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Dark Age' folder.

Install Dark Age 867AD
- open your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder;
- download Dark Age 867AD and extracting files from an archive in any place;
- paste 'Dark Age 867AD' folder to your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder.

Zeqe said:
try Graphic mod pack for VC from the optional files section on Nexus.. this is a Lite version for VCRE that includes graphical improvements to the global map and scenes only.. for compatibility with other mods.. use only separately from Dark Age.. install on top of other mods

Wow, I tried your mod out for the first time today, and it looks amazing! Especially the new forested battle scenes.

I was very happy to discover you included a compatibility VC Balance Mod 6.0 version of module.ini in the optional compatibility Graphic Modpack Lite version. I created an updated compatibility module.ini that incorporates stuff from the 8.0 version, and uploaded it, together with instructions for combining our mods, under miscellaneous files here: https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandbladevikingconquest/mods/5?tab=files

Would you be interested in us offering a combined compatibility version of our mods for download? We could save interested users the trouble of combining them themselves that way. I was thinking one or both of us could add it as a download option at our nexus pages, or if you'd prefer to be the only one to distribute your files and offer it only at your page, that is great too. We could also post it to ModDB, I think that would get a lot of users. You also have my full permission to distribute my files, as well as change or use anything you like if you ever find it useful in your own modding.

EDIT: Plasquar is using your compatibility Dark Age Graphic Modpack together with Balance Mod 8.0 for his Let’s Play series. :smile:

Hi, Tingyun!

The graphics pack will go into the release version without changes and without any compatibility patches.
I do not plan to update this graphics pack, so it will be more logical if you maintain compatibility yourself.
I have included this compatibility patch for example because your mod is quite popular.  :wink:
I will add this graphic pack to the ModDB page.

In earlier versions I used some of the changes in the balance of prices and weapons.
Then I did a little research on the validity of rebalance prices and found that vanilla is very accurately corresponds to that era.
I don't have time to study the balance of weapons. so I went back to vanilla.

I never played the storyline because I prefer the sandbox.
So I do not know what difficulties may arise in the passage of the storyline with my graphic pack.

Dark Age is a very heavy mod for the engine. It may not be suitable for the storyline or for the streams.
I made it for myself to play in the sandbox sometimes.

This looks good only at the maximum graphics settings.
I recommend using this...
Render Method: DirectX 9
Antialiasing: 8x
Monitor Gamma: 2.5
Shader Quality: High
HDR Mode: Off
Auto-exposure: Off
Use Depth Effects: Off
Use Instancing: On
Dynamic Lighting: On
Particle Systems: On
Anisotropic Filtering: On

and highly recommend SMAA Injector (read more on Nexus)

Hi Ha3481,

Great! You uploading the graphics pack to ModDB sounds like a great idea, and I’ll keep the compatibility patch updated for all future versions.

Yes, vanilla prices seem correct to me as well, and I’ve changed almost no prices in Balance Mod either.

Plasquar seems to be enjoying your mod in the storyline, so I guess it works well there too. :smile:

ha3481, I've been playing with your lite version that is compatible with VC Balance, and though I generally like it, I have an issue with the sounds. Specifically, I cannot hear ANY waves or rowing audio while boats (even ferries) travel from one port to the next. How can I fix this?

got the "full version" and so far I'm facing endless weird glitches not present in Blood Eagle nor the vanilla.

Ulf's Farm quest has the troops positioned wrong.
Sometimes after talking to a lord my party gets decimated as if I had just auto-fought them.
Sometimes I instantly win fights without doing anything but entering it.
Numerous crashes in different instances when entering them.

I'd say the code changes are not working as intended or that there were numerous oversights on them which lead to glitches that were never fixed. Maybe even the codes were made with an older base version of VC in which they were still present and the mod wasn't updated (I wouldn't know I don't remember old bugs in VC). Anyway, the mod needs fixing, or at least this standalone version of it. As of the other versions I have no clue if they carry these with them, I'd guess not.

Back
Top Bottom