SP Dark Ages [Submod] Dark Age for Viking Conquest (released 3.4)

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
Dark Age for Viking Conquest

Welcome to the Dark Ages

Dark Age is a realistic ambience/landscapes/soundscapes overhaul submod for Viking Conquest.

Download
Nexus
Moddb

Current version: 3.4

Name: Dark Age for Viking Conquest
Version: 3.4
Game version: 2.050
Category: Graphics, Items
Short Info: Graphics overhaul submod for Viking Conquest
Mode: SP
Languages: EN

Install
Install Dark Age submod
- open your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder;
- copy your 'Viking Conquest' folder as new folder and rename this as 'Dark Age';
- download Dark Age and extracting files from an archive in any place;
- copy all files from '\Dark Age' to your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\Dark Age' folder.

Install Dark Age 867AD
- open your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder;
- download Dark Age 867AD and extracting files from an archive in any place;
- paste 'Dark Age 867AD' folder to your '\MountBlade Warband\Modules\' folder.
Screens












Video
Video Settings
Recommended:
Render Method: DirectX 9
Antialiasing: 8x
Shader Quality: High (must have for clouds on global map in Dark Age 867AD version)
HDR Mode: Off
Auto-exposure: Off
Use Depth Effects: Off
Use Instancing: On
Dynamic Lighting: On
Particle Systems: On
Anisotropic Filtering: On
Fast Water Reflections: On

I highly recommend use SMAA Injector.

Download and Install DirectX End-User Runtimes.
Download injectSMAA v1.2.
Copy all files from 'injectSMAA_by_mrhaandi_1.2\d3d9' to your '\MountBlade Warband' folder for install SMAA Injector.

If you have problems with InjectSMAA then try to disable Steam Overlay for Warband by right-clicking your Warband entry in your steam game list, select "Properties", and uncheck the "Enable Steam Community in-game" feature.

Delete d3d9.dll, injector.ini, SMAA.fx, SMAA.h files from your '\MountBlade Warband' folder for deinstall SMAA Injector.
Permissions
This submod is based on the assets of the Viking Conquest dlc (see License).
Cannot use the Dark Age assets in any mods without permission from me.
Credits
Warband by TaleWorlds Entertainment
Viking Conquest by Brytenwalda Team
Brytenwalda by Brytenwalda Team
Polished Landscapes by Gutekfiutek
Skyboxes Advanced by ShaunRemo
Ambient Soundtrack by Adorno
Vikingr by Vikingr Team (Rath0s: helmets models)
Viking Model Pack by Dejawolf
Men-at-Arms Armour Pack by Narf
Pino's armor pack by Pino69
The Reckoning by La Grandmaster  (some terrain borders textures)

some models and textures:
сикомор: axe model

tweaks:
VC Tweaks Tool by Kalarhan
VC Tweaks threads by Kraggrim
____________________________________________________
p.s. sorry for my bad english.. i use the rough machine translation..
 

Tuidjy

Knight
M&B
Best answers
0
It look really good. 

Can I assume that if I install just the Dark Ages, without the Item Pack, there will be only cosmetic changes, and balance will be unaffected?
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
Tuidjy said:
Can I assume that if I install just the Dark Ages, without the Item Pack, there will be only cosmetic changes, and balance will be unaffected?
Dark Age has been balanced on the basis Sword and Shield 3.4 by Kale3.

I specified in the spoiler, the modules that were replaced.

######Dark Age######
#load_module_resource = grass_meshes
#load_module_resource = grass_meshes_b
#load_module_resource = plant_meshes
#load_module_resource = vc_trees
load_mod_resource = da_polished_landscape
##################
#load_mod_resource = vc_iconos
load_mod_resource = da_iconos
##################
#load_module_resource = vc_map_iconchars
load_mod_resource = da_map_iconchars
##################
#load_module_resource = vc_map_objects
load_mod_resource = da_map_objects
##################
#load_mod_resource = bry_pic_mesh
#load_module_resource = vc_pictures
load_mod_resource = da_pictures
##################
#load_module_resource = skyboxes
#load_module_resource = new_skyboxes
load_mod_resource = da_skyboxes
##################
#load_module_resource = vc_terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = da_terrain_borders
##################
load_module_resource = particles_2
##################
#load_mod_resource = vc_horses
load_mod_resource = da_horses
##################
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields_tableau
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields2
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields_basic
load_mod_resource = da_shields
##################

in addition to the cosmetic changes in the dark age included..
da_shields - shields replacer;
da_horses - horses semi-replacer (50/50 ponies/horses);
changed vc_textures - VC items recolor (armor/dress/helmets/weapons);
female face replacer.

textures (*.dds) can open with free software Paint.NET and choose the ones you want.
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
Update

Current version: 1.6
Requirements: Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.028
Compatible with VC savegames

See Change log on Nexus
 
Best answers
0
Hey, first thanks a ton for the mod, great work.

Quick question about mercenary contracts. Is it intentional that my relationship doesn't reset after a mercenary contract ends?

I'm in the early stages of a new game as a Nord and in order to build up relationships with lords before I take an oath and all, I'm taking turns being a mercenary for all the Nord kingdoms before becoming a lord.

Every time I've ended my contract, my positive relationships have gone back to 0 (Allies and the faction in question) but my negative relationships (people employer was at war with) only goes back halfway. I'm now at war with East Engle, Gwyssing, Mide, Osraige because I was a pain in their side as a mercenary and was curious to know if that was an intentional change or not? It's not game breaking just thought it was curious.
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
DrunkenFrenchman said:
Quick question about mercenary contracts. Is it intentional that my relationship doesn't reset after a mercenary contract ends?
Hi
It is not related to mod . Dark Age does not change the Viking Conquest module system.
It's a graphics overhaul submod with some changes of the balance (changed item_kinds1.txt file) for hardcore.
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
Update

Current version: 2.0
Requirements: Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.028
Compatible with VC savegames

See Change log on Nexus
 

Steinear

Recruit
Best answers
0
ha3481 said:
Tuidjy said:
Can I assume that if I install just the Dark Ages, without the Item Pack, there will be only cosmetic changes, and balance will be unaffected?
Dark Age has been balanced on the basis Sword and Shield 3.4 by Kale3.

I specified in the spoiler, the modules that were replaced.

######Dark Age######
#load_module_resource = grass_meshes
#load_module_resource = grass_meshes_b
#load_module_resource = plant_meshes
#load_module_resource = vc_trees
load_mod_resource = da_polished_landscape
##################
#load_mod_resource = vc_iconos
load_mod_resource = da_iconos
##################
#load_module_resource = vc_map_iconchars
load_mod_resource = da_map_iconchars
##################
#load_module_resource = vc_map_objects
load_mod_resource = da_map_objects
##################
#load_mod_resource = bry_pic_mesh
#load_module_resource = vc_pictures
load_mod_resource = da_pictures
##################
#load_module_resource = skyboxes
#load_module_resource = new_skyboxes
load_mod_resource = da_skyboxes
##################
#load_module_resource = vc_terrain_borders
load_mod_resource = da_terrain_borders
##################
load_module_resource = particles_2
##################
#load_mod_resource = vc_horses
load_mod_resource = da_horses
##################
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields_tableau
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields2
#load_mod_resource = vc_shields_basic
load_mod_resource = da_shields
##################

in addition to the cosmetic changes in the dark age included..
da_shields - shields replacer;
da_horses - horses semi-replacer (50/50 ponies/horses);
changed vc_textures - VC items recolor (armor/dress/helmets/weapons);
female face replacer.

textures (*.dds) can open with free software Paint.NET and choose the ones you want.

disable shields replacer..
edit module.ini
##################
load_mod_resource = vc_shields
load_mod_resource = vc_shields_tableau
load_mod_resource = vc_shields2
load_mod_resource = vc_shields_basic
#load_mod_resource = da_shields
##################

and copy all original VC textures of the shields (vc_shield*.dds) to Dark Age\Textures folder with overwrite.
disable horses replacer..
edit module.ini
##################
load_mod_resource = vc_horses
#load_mod_resource = da_horses
##################
disable new female faces..
copy original VC files..
Viking Conquest\skins.txt
Viking Conquest\Resource\materials_face_gen.brf
Viking Conquest\Resource\meshes_face_gen.brf

to Dark Age folders with overwrite.
I made the changes to module.ini in order to disable the horses replacer and now I have invisible horses  :cry:
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
ha3481 said:
disable horses replacer..
edit module.ini
##################
load_mod_resource = vc_horses
#load_mod_resource = da_horses
##################
this post relates to version 1.5
it doesn't work on version 2.0
 

Steinear

Recruit
Best answers
0
ha3481 said:
ha3481 said:
disable horses replacer..
edit module.ini
##################
load_mod_resource = vc_horses
#load_mod_resource = da_horses
##################
this post relates to version 1.5
it doesn't work on version 2.0
I see, thanks for clarification
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
Update

Current version: 2.1
Requirements: Viking Conquest Reforged Edition 2.028 or later.
Save game compatible.

See Change log on Nexus
 

Mirsaneli

Recruit
Best answers
0
I have some error codes when plundering a village. After I kill all the peasants who resist plundering, before the "battle is over message, press tab..." I receive three error codes written in red saying something 112 etc. I can post the picture here if needed. It doesn't affect my gameplay, just wanted to mention it. I don't get that message in original VC. Cheers and thanks for making VC playable and lovable again. It really had poor graphics and textures :/
 

Mirsaneli

Recruit
Best answers
0
One more question, my friend. Is there anything that can be done about the way archers work in this game (Viking conquest/Dark Age submod)? I noticed that they are unjustly weak, and I think that it is not very realistic. History has teached us that Vikings really knew how to defend themselves from the rain of arrows using their round shields (shield wall), but to me it seems that archers are useless because they inflict very few damage. Even I with the Strong Elite bow and archery around 300 cannot kill ordinary enemy soldiers with one shot. Instead, I have to aim for the head because only headshots can do the instant kill.
 

ha3481

Veteran
Best answers
0
Mirsaneli said:
I have some error codes when plundering a village.
possible it is error of the music track which is tied to an event in the village scene
try the VC Music option from Optional Pack 2.1
\[optional]\VC Music

Mirsaneli said:
Is there anything that can be done about the way archers work in this game (Viking conquest/Dark Age submod)?
In the Dark Age submod has changed the damage of some weapons (on the basis Sword and Shield submod):
some axes, swords, longseaxes; almost all bows, crossbows, spears, javelins.

VC balance is there as an option
(\[optional]\VC Balance\Dark Age\item_kinds1.txt)

I'm not so competent in the balance of weapons to make my balance, but with the original balance I was not interested in playing (imho  :wink:)

______________________________________________________________
p.s. sorry for my bad english.. i use the rough machine translation..
 

Mirsaneli

Recruit
Best answers
0
Original music files from VC/Optional fixed the error codes. But I don't like original music files, so I reverted back :grin: Your music files sound more Viking :smile: