SP Dark Ages [Submod] Blood Eagle-Independent VC mod (released 3.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Kale3

Regular
Notice: Blood Eagle has had a post in the VC modding section for awhile, but I'm having to remake the post thanks to a bug.

Note! The Taleworlds description is a condensed version of the main description over at nexus mods.

The most important changes of Blood Eagle

Completely overhauled troop stats, skills, proficiencies, etc- All troops have redesigned stats and proficiencies than vanilla VC. These are designed around realism, for example a meager peasant will have no longer have 11 STR 13 AGI 15 CHR or anything ridiculous like that. Nor will they have 3 ironflesh and 100 One hand proficiency. It's hard to describe the troop changes, so you'll just have to look at the troop trees when you have the mod!

New Content-Blood Eagle includes new items, weapons, horses, armors, etc.

New Graphics-Blood Eagle includes much improved graphics over vanilla VC. New scenes, textures, nicely meshed and not many bugs. The flora especially is highly detailed and nice looking.

Revamped Troop Equipment-Troops carry different equipment based on several different reasons, culture, troop type, that sort of thing. The Norse for example may be a bit better equipped than the saxons do to the Norse being a militaristic people. While the Irish may have archers with better bows.

Overhauled Troop Names-A really huge change in Blood Eagle is troop names. To give an example, an Angle Spearman will become [A] Spearman, this is designed for minimalism, and to give you less of a headache when you see the kill feed. [A] <- represents culture, so Norse would be [N],you get the idea.

Remade troop/recruitment/upgrade trees-These trees have been revamped. Every faction tree includes skirmishers with javelins, archers, and calvary. In Blood Eagle, there is an emphasis on skirmishers for ranged units, as archers are hard to get in the mod and only high tier units carry throwing weapons.

Changed item Cost-All items cost much less for a realistic economy, for example a tunic won't cost 600 schillings anymore, because what peasant would buy that? Everything is cheaper, so you won't be buying a masterwork ship just because you sold 50 tunics to a random merchant.

Revamped item balance-All items rebalanced, axes do a bit more cut damage, some higher tier axes do pierce. Seaxes are lethal at stabbing, considering they were designed around piercing mail and gambersons. Spears do piercing damage and are much more effective at their job unlike vanilla VC, but not to an overpowered extent. Throwing weapons are a bit more powerful, and you can carry a lot of them. These are only a few listed item changes, as the changes are in depth, I would be writing a essay if I was to list all changes.

Permissions-Do not do anything with this mod without asking me or Hoo!

Changed music-In Blood Eagle, we added several new tracks to the music and replaced lots of old ones. We kept a lot of the good vanilla VC ones that made us nostalgic, the new tracks have less estrogen, and more testosterone.

Those are the real big changes! Of course there's a lot more, but I didn't feel the need to list them all. You can get Blood Eagle here, if you are interested http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6139/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D6139%26preview%3D&pUp=1

Lolazokaparzo said:
HooTmAn said:
Blood Eagle Version 3.2 wich is even better! is up at Nexus.  :smile:

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6139/?

Thanks a lot for the heads up.

I've been trying to try this mod for quite a while now.

Cheers!
thank you very much! BUT we have to let you all know that there is already 3.3 wich does fix the CTD you got from the troops.txt at 3.2!

Big thanks for your Mod.

I´m enjoying playing it, but I have some questions.

You write: "Every faction tree includes skirmishers with javelins, archers, and calvary" - but I can not see them in the Troop Tree from the Norse (no Horses an no Archers) - on the other hand, the "Thegn" and the "noble Norse" are duplicated.

Right now I´m playing v3.2 Storyline - today it will be updatet to v3.3

Is there a Bug? May I have to reinstall it? Is it only in the Storyline?

Thanks for your time and answere

-----
Edit. Now with v3.3 I have a bigger Norse Trooptree with Horses. But still there are some Units duplicatet, for example the Sworddane, the Huscarl and at the Peasent Woman Tree, the Hunter.
I also have to turn the Volume realy high up, so that I can hear the "clicks" from pressing a button. <-- just ignore this :wink:

Great mod! :grin: Lots of fun and awesome balance!

One thing I think would be pretty damn awesome would be a Diplomacy addition. -- It would definitely prove to be a more full experience if we could join in a Lord/King's army in VC -- As well as the additional options that the rest of that mod delivers.

Is it possible to implement those features into Blood Eagle?

--- Also, sort of a random suggestion, but. . The Claimants to their Respective Thrones. . Would it be possible to give them an event where they amass an army with 1 or 2 new Lords and automatically attempt to take their chosen lands?

When you join a Faction, then there will come a "Quest" where you have to bring your Army to the Marshal of the Faction to join his Army and follow his lead.

Back to the Mod:
Is there a way, that all N-Archers have a Bow and Arrow? Right now its nearly everey third Archer who has just a Sword.
Also there are some grass glitches, for example at the Stonerow with the Slavetraders...

Since I got no answere, I was thinking, maybe a Screenshot will help to show exactly what I mean.
Thats no critic from me, I´m trying to make a good feedback  :wink:

Troop Tree´s

Norse Soldiers different Upgradecosts for the same Unit

I know, that - for example - the [N]Banner... is in the Game, because i could get one to hire after a victorious battle.

[N]Archer without Bows - Screenshot was taken just a minute after the battlestart.

Like I said, I´m playing v3.3 and all these issues are there, it doesent matter if I play Story or Sandbox.

And last but not least, thank you @HootmAn for the alternative Music, specially for the Battlemusic from Stronghold, I got a great backflash when it was first played - for me it felt like an easteregg, thank you!

I just want to say that I love this mod, thank you for all of your hard work! I can't wait to see the next round of updates

I am constantly bouncing back and forth between your mod and "The Sword and the Axe", it would be incredible if you would be able to utilize some of his weapon and armor items, he has several additional items that I have not found in yours. Especially in the sword and armor department. A combination of your two mods would be awesome.

Thank you again for your work, it is very much appreciated

Hi and Thank you all for the nice words and interesting ideas for the Blood Eagle Mod, they have all been read. But I forgot about this topic for some time, to write back, there are many forums topics to look at also for Blood Eagle.  :iamamoron: We are already working on some of those things or have other plans in mind for the mod. Maybe we can give you more info or even a patch, soon. I will let you know here at TW, too. Hope you enjoy the mod all and try watching The Last Kingdom series it is pretty dope tho  :grin:

From Kale at the Nexus Forum:

Hello everyone! I would like to announce that my full attention is focused on a new update!

I cannot give an accurate date of when this update will be out. It may be months. It may be weeks. But it will definitely not be a few days.

Update Priorities, upcoming features, and possibilities:

HIGHEST PRIORITY (These changes are extremely likely to be in the next update):

-Add in the best looking vanilla VC armors. I will only put the most choice and nice looking, historical cut of armors back in.

-Remove ugly and buggy BE armors. This is a very high priority

-Hammer out bugs and issues. MAJOR priority!

-Completely revise the nexus description. MAJOR priority

-Either remove or heavily revise the Taleworlds forum description

HIGH PRIORITY (These changes have a good chance of making the cut):

-Incorporate freelancer into BE

-Tweak several txt file mechanics

MINOR PRIORITY (These changes will be considered and may make the cut):

-Fix music bugs

-Add in new music and change the tone of music to have a sort of "balanced" feel

-Make a moddb page

-Moar screenshots

-New video. Without fuzzy HDR!

More will be added to this comment at a later time. A changelog will also eventually be added. Get hyped BE fans.

Keep in mind that I am a beginner at best with Python code! I cannot promise you that advanced code changes (like freelancer) may be added.

EDIT: For me, i will give Kale new stuff, too. To put in that new Update then. I have to do a lot this year, so that new update may have the last "big graphic changes", too.

-More improuved Scenes and fixed Scenes

-Some new Textures, Meshes for the Flora

-Fixed some horses

-Changed a BigRock Formation, so no more stucked troops at all.

-Added new Props to some Scenes

-Some Collisions improved

-And more..  :smile:

May I just say this is one of the best warband mods period. Thanks for all your work and especially for using VC as the base, it really makes the mod stand out as well.

If I may make a few humble suggestions for your next update consideration:

If you do add or edit arms and armor, could you look into more cloth/leather options with helmets and body armor please? Some additional leather helmets and variants of leather armor and cloth tunics would be awesome.

Also simply as a suggestion or for inspiration, have you looked at some of the arms and armor of "the sword and the axe" mod? He has a large amount of different axes and swords that would be an awesome addition to yours. He also has some really nice animations and a few unique armors I have not seen in any other mod and fit the period very nicely.

Lastly, what do you think about adjusting the locations of one handed axes and seaxs on the body? Many seaxes tend to look like they're not resting where they should be on the characters back. Axes sometimes stick out really far when sheathed; would it be possible to perhaps place them more straight down on the side, as if the sat in a ring off the belt, maybe even giving them a ring on the belt as a sheath (like how your sword sheath remains whether the sword is in it or not)?

I have no experience in modding, so what I ask may not be important to you or may be very difficult, but I love your work and just wanted to share some ideas if you liked them.

Thanks again and I'm excited to see what's in store with your next update! Please keep up the awesome work!

HooTmAn said:
From Kale at the Nexus Forum:

Hello everyone! I would like to announce that my full attention is focused on a new update!

I cannot give an accurate date of when this update will be out. It may be months. It may be weeks. But it will definitely not be a few days.

Update Priorities, upcoming features, and possibilities:

HIGHEST PRIORITY (These changes are extremely likely to be in the next update):

-Add in the best looking vanilla VC armors. I will only put the most choice and nice looking, historical cut of armors back in.

-Remove ugly and buggy BE armors. This is a very high priority

-Hammer out bugs and issues. MAJOR priority!

-Completely revise the nexus description. MAJOR priority

-Either remove or heavily revise the Taleworlds forum description

HIGH PRIORITY (These changes have a good chance of making the cut):

-Incorporate freelancer into BE

-Tweak several txt file mechanics

MINOR PRIORITY (These changes will be considered and may make the cut):

-Fix music bugs

-Add in new music and change the tone of music to have a sort of "balanced" feel

-Make a moddb page

-Moar screenshots

-New video. Without fuzzy HDR!

More will be added to this comment at a later time. A changelog will also eventually be added. Get hyped BE fans.

Keep in mind that I am a beginner at best with Python code! I cannot promise you that advanced code changes (like freelancer) may be added.

EDIT: For me, i will give Kale new stuff, too. To put in that new Update then. I have to do a lot this year, so that new update may have the last "big graphic changes", too.

-More improuved Scenes and fixed Scenes

-Some new Textures, Meshes for the Flora

-Fixed some horses

-Changed a BigRock Formation, so no more stucked troops at all.

-Added new Props to some Scenes

-Some Collisions improved

-And more..  :smile:

Have these issues been fixed yet in 3.3 or are we still waiting on it? Have yet to try the mod out and was wondering if I should wait until some of the bugs are stamped out

Hello guys,
great mod - I appreciate the work you put into this  :smile:.

Some minor issues I ran across while playing:

- some Long Axes have cutting damage and some have piercing, while the Battle Axe has piercing (swing) and cutting (thrust), is that intended?
- Bows have cutting damage, too, shouldn't they pierce? (that might be intended because of balance,though? - Finnish Archers rule the battlefield, even without piercing  :fruity: )
- the [P] Sharpshooter can be upgraded to a Horseman, is that wad?
- you added new music, and I like it, but I seem to hear only 4 new Songs, and no old ones (u said you kept some of them) - I cannot, for the heck of me, figure out how to look into this.
Yeah, I know there is a tutorial of some sort, but if I see those matrix-numbers I get headache because I'm dumb ^^ :iamamoron:

keep up the good work

cheers :party:

Edit: Yay, first post  :iamamoron:

Nate884 said:
May I just say this is one of the best warband mods period. Thanks for all your work and especially for using VC as the base, it really makes the mod stand out as well.

If I may make a few humble suggestions for your next update consideration:

If you do add or edit arms and armor, could you look into more cloth/leather options with helmets and body armor please? Some additional leather helmets and variants of leather armor and cloth tunics would be awesome.

Also simply as a suggestion or for inspiration, have you looked at some of the arms and armor of "the sword and the axe" mod? He has a large amount of different axes and swords that would be an awesome addition to yours. He also has some really nice animations and a few unique armors I have not seen in any other mod and fit the period very nicely.

Lastly, what do you think about adjusting the locations of one handed axes and seaxs on the body? Many seaxes tend to look like they're not resting where they should be on the characters back. Axes sometimes stick out really far when sheathed; would it be possible to perhaps place them more straight down on the side, as if the sat in a ring off the belt, maybe even giving them a ring on the belt as a sheath (like how your sword sheath remains whether the sword is in it or not)?

I have no experience in modding, so what I ask may not be important to you or may be very difficult, but I love your work and just wanted to share some ideas if you liked them.

Thanks again and I'm excited to see what's in store with your next update! Please keep up the awesome work!
Thank you, you have many intersting ideas. You should try to learn modding at least.
Soword and Axe is a good Mod i did not play "Antonius" / Edgar Allan Poe new version so far. Also i dont think so ^^ maybe some BW items.
Then i have to say i do not know what is up with Kale3 his steam profile is gone, at least for me!?

Celticfury3 said:
Have these issues been fixed yet in 3.3 or are we still waiting on it? Have yet to try the mod out and was wondering if I should wait until some of the bugs are stamped out

hmm 3.3 is a much better version then 2.0 and so on ^^
I hope for a new patch 3.4, with those improuvements listed..

shortfried said:
Hello guys,
great mod - I appreciate the work you put into this  :smile:.

Some minor issues I ran across while playing:

- some Long Axes have cutting damage and some have piercing, while the Battle Axe has piercing (swing) and cutting (thrust), is that intended?
- Bows have cutting damage, too, shouldn't they pierce? (that might be intended because of balance,though? - Finnish Archers rule the battlefield, even without piercing  :fruity: )
- the [P] Sharpshooter can be upgraded to a Horseman, is that wad?
- you added new music, and I like it, but I seem to hear only 4 new Songs, and no old ones (u said you kept some of them) - I cannot, for the heck of me, figure out how to look into this.
Yeah, I know there is a tutorial of some sort, but if I see those matrix-numbers I get headache because I'm dumb ^^ :iamamoron:

keep up the good work

cheers :party:

Edit: Yay, first post  :iamamoron:
Thank you, too!
Yes, there is some fine tuning left for the Units. Maybe Kale3 can give you an answer on that one day but we are all very busy these days.

----
I have to do a lot of RL stuff wich will take me away from modding for some good time but i will give Kale3 all i have done, until i have to leave my pc behind (next week..).
So i hope you guys can see an other new Version for BloodEagle one day, soon maybe :smile:

3.4!

Hi all. i have good and bad news!

-First the good news, a new lil Patch 3.4 is UP! with improuvements and updated to VC 2028!

-The bad news Kale3 is very busy with RL and could not upload his stuff and does not know if and when he can.
I also have to do now a lot of stuff and have to travel a lot, so i won't be able to mod for some time (some months), too.

We hope you still enjoy this Mod and of course you can do some own modding with it for ya self. If you are eager to create new Troop trees and want to put new items in it, we might put your well made collection into this Mod, let us know or we will do one, one day.

Cheers!

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6139/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D6139&pUp=1

HooTmAn said:
3.4!

Hi all. i have good and bad news!

-First the good news, a new lil Patch 3.4 is UP! with improuvements and updated to VC 2028!

-The bad news Kale3 is very busy with RL and could not upload his stuff and does not know if and when he can.
I also have to do now a lot of stuff and have to travel a lot, so i won't be able to mod for some time (some months), too.

We hope you still enjoy this Mod and of course you can do some own modding with it for ya self. If you are eager to create new Troop trees and want to put new items in it, we might put your well made collection into this Mod, let us know or we will do one, one day.

Cheers!

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6139/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D6139&pUp=1

Hey, thanks for the update  :party:
I do have a slight issue though and hope you, or another forumer, can help me with it:
The painted shields (with your banner on them) are transparent - I'll try to get a screenshot up in the case you don't know what I mean :grin:

Have fun travelling, cya around  :mrgreen:

cheers

EDIT:
Ok, I'm too dumb to take screenshots - the gog-client should take screenshots pressing F12 but that won't work somehow and STRG+PRNT only takes a screeny of the gog-client and not of the game  :facepalm: :?:

Haranne said:
visual bug, some shield are invisible
open with notepad item_kinds1.txt
Edit/Replace
Code:
Find what:936748722493063586
Replace with:936748722493063558
Replace all

Code:
Find what:936748722493063588
Replace with:936748722493063560
Replace all