[Submod] Blood Eagle-A Viking Conquest overhaul (released 3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugo_Stiglitz

Recruit
Best answers
0
Thx for this mod, looking forward to checking it out.

Forgive me if I missed it in the notes but is this mod saved game compatible for the campaign? Thanks.
 

Kale3

Regular
Best answers
0
Hugo_Stiglitz said:
Thx for this mod, looking forward to checking it out.

Forgive me if I missed it in the notes but is this mod saved game compatible for the campaign? Thanks.
Oh yes, something I need to add in the desc.

If your just updating blood eagle to a later blood eagle ver it is, but I'm afraid it's not if your upgrading Blood Eagle from VC.

In fact, it is it's own module so the it would not even recognize the saves.

 

Kale3

Regular
Best answers
0
Weathercock said:
Does Blood Eagle have the permanent stat loss after 757 days like vanilla does? If so, what would be the best way to turn that off without messing with other mod files? I'd use the tweaks tool, but I'm worried that I'd overwrite other parts of the mod by accident.
I don't recall editing anything regarding the stat loss as I never continued save games for that long, so it was never a problem for me.

I'm not a coder or anything, and in development of version 2.0 I unsuccessfully attempted to add in several tweaks, lines of magic numbers are beyond me.

In short.. I'm not sure how you could edit that. You could just backup everything and try the tweak tool, modding is all about trial and error.
 

kalarhan

Count
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
0
Kale3 said:
try the tweak tool, modding is all about trial and error.
kalarhan said:
Weathercock said:
I'd use the tweaks tool
you can't as you assumed correctly. You would need to use this mod game code, not VC game code.

If you need to apply tweaks to this mod check the Tweaks thread, you may be able to figure out how to use them here

stats loss (should be easy): https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323613.msg8153242.html#msg8153242
 

Gort77

Recruit
Best answers
0
Hi, just down loaded your mod and so far really like all the new items added in.  I always felt like there wasn't enough variety in the weapons and armor for VC.  I also took a look at all the troop trees and noticed that all the troops in each tier basically have the same weapon prof values, is this right?  For example all top tier troops have a weapon prof of 145 for the weapons they use, there is no variation between cultures like in vanilla.  I was just wondering if you are still working on getting the troops balanced out or if you intended all troops to be the same regardless of culture?

I also noticed some discrepancies between certain troops:

The tier 3 Briton warrior and the tier 3 Saxon Companion have weapon profs of 70, while all other tier 3 troops have weapon profs of 100.

The tier 4 Briton Champion and the tier 4 Saxon Veteran have weapon profs of 100, while all other tier 4 troops have weapon profs of 115.

The Pict troop tree seems mixed up.  The Pict Freeman is lvl 28 with weapon profs of 90, while the Spearman (the upgrade of the Freeman) is lvl 10 with weapon Profs of 70.  Also the Pict Noble is lvl 28 while every other top tier troop is lvl 24.


I just wanted to know if these where intentional or if they where mix ups?

Thanks.
 

Weathercock

Regular
Best answers
0
Managed to tweak out the 757 days issue, not too hard afterall.

In addition to the above point about troop trees, I also think you may have gone a bit far in nerfing some of the unique gear. Orm's armour, for example, is just horrifically bad, not even close to par with normal armour sets. 32 defense on a set of heavy armour is just unusable considering the stat loss imposed. The unique swords are also entirely unremarkable now, and pretty much outclassed by piercing axes. Not sure if they could use a hand or not.
 

Kale3

Regular
Best answers
0
Gort77 said:
Hi, just down loaded your mod and so far really like all the new items added in.  I always felt like there wasn't enough variety in the weapons and armor for VC.  I also took a look at all the troop trees and noticed that all the troops in each tier basically have the same weapon prof values, is this right?  For example all top tier troops have a weapon prof of 145 for the weapons they use, there is no variation between cultures like in vanilla.  I was just wondering if you are still working on getting the troops balanced out or if you intended all troops to be the same regardless of culture?

I also noticed some discrepancies between certain troops:

The tier 3 Briton warrior and the tier 3 Saxon Companion have weapon profs of 70, while all other tier 3 troops have weapon profs of 100.

The tier 4 Briton Champion and the tier 4 Saxon Veteran have weapon profs of 100, while all other tier 4 troops have weapon profs of 115.

The Pict troop tree seems mixed up.  The Pict Freeman is lvl 28 with weapon profs of 90, while the Spearman (the upgrade of the Freeman) is lvl 10 with weapon Profs of 70.  Also the Pict Noble is lvl 28 while every other top tier troop is lvl 24.


I just wanted to know if these where intentional or if they where mix ups?

Thanks.
To clear some things up the items kind.txt and troops.txt was not all done by my hand. I'm in the process of changing it, but the troops.txt for Blood Eagle was made to compete with my old mod, Sword & Shield, of course, the files were not edited by me so it's not perfect. I will change this though, we're also going to add back in vanilla VC items + the new content that comes with the mod to add more variety.
 

Kale3

Regular
Best answers
0
Weathercock said:
Managed to tweak out the 757 days issue, not too hard afterall.

In addition to the above point about troop trees, I also think you may have gone a bit far in nerfing some of the unique gear. Orm's armour, for example, is just horrifically bad, not even close to par with normal armour sets. 32 defense on a set of heavy armour is just unusable considering the stat loss imposed. The unique swords are also entirely unremarkable now, and pretty much outclassed by piercing axes. Not sure if they could use a hand or not.
That's great man, glad you were able to tweak it!

As for the unique stuff, I just had a really big problem with how early in the game you could get orm's lorica. Great looking armor and stuff, but it's seriously OP for the time you get it. I mean, you can just abuse javelins+spears at orm to kill him and get his lorica which will last you the entire story.

I will buff it a bit in a later update, but I wouldn't expect anything past 45. I'm going to buff the unique swords and stuff a little bit, but I felt the same way about them. Waaay to easy to get if you know how to fight the AI in WB. And the weapons you got from unique smiths felt terrible compared to the free uniques. They will get a buff, but not anything to serious.

Some axes will also get a slight nerf to pierce. It won't be anything to serious, because only higher level units carry piercing axes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top