[SUBMOD] - 1257AD Reloaded v1.6

Users who are viewing this thread

THIS SUBMOD HAS CEASED DEVELOPMENT. GO TO THE NEW MOD PAGE.

Features:
Custom Troop Trees
KAOS Political KIT (Start as King, Prince or Vassal). Player receive money (random) and equipment. Quantity and quality depends on the player ranking. Different countries receive different equipment.
Troop ration bar in battles (RUBIK)
Player can inspect troop equipment
Can give troop orders to switch to additional weapon types (Caba`drin)                             
Bodyguards in scenes (Caba`drin)                       
Player actions in sieges and raids (Caba`drin)
Calvary that loses their horses become infantry (Caba`drin). Additionally, cavalry is automatically assigned to infantry during sieges.               
Archers that run out of ammo are re-assigned to troop type 5 (Caba`drin code with minor edit)               
Indictment spiral fix (ZSAR)                       
Changed kingdom's culture (you couldn't before, just the religion)
Translated troop and party names fully (lords still have original names)                     
Balanced troop stats 
Increased bolt quiver capacity to 40-45       
Player receives troops if noble start selected                 
Factions will spawn scouts, patrols, foragers, war parties, mercenary companies. The number depend on the amount of towns or/and castles they have.
New party spawns: rogue mercenary companies, fugitive serfs and rebels (beefed up peasant rebels)
Faction resurrection implemented
Player can kill prisoners, excluding lords
NPC lords will train their parties daily with trainer skill just like player does
Always choose side when joining battles
Post-battle kill count (v1.2)
Game menus to change various things like party sizes and merchant respawn rates and item count (v1.3)
Player gains renown if he kills enough enemies in a battle (every 5 kills = +1 renown) (v1.3)
New visit camp feature (v1.3)
New textures for female faces (no more ugly women!) (v1.3)
Fully translated party and troop names  (v1.4)
Added bounty quests to tavern keepers. The fugitives and the gold reward are random and based on archetypes (knights, pirates, deserters, etc). (v1.4)

Bugfixes:
Fixed manor bug (copies of player scattered across the place)
Fixed some troop name misspellings
Fixed Venice having Iberian culture instead of Italian (v1.3)
Fixed some troops being incorrectly assigned to horse archer/archer category at game start. (v1.3+)
Fixed bug where player couldn't recruit troops from fief is his relation was 0 or less (now it's -5). (v1.4)
Fixed village recruitment menu informing that special mercs have headquarters there. (v1.4)

Current issues:
Tavern recruitment is bugged Removed for now
Changing your culture through companion minister is bugged (i think i fixed it) FIXED on v1.1
Battles on the map are bugged (they're SLOW, i think i fixed it but no time to test) FIXED on v1.1
Previous button to banner choose presentation is somewhat bugged (if you click previous on the start screen it shows other things than flags) Removed for now
Veteran and elite merc variants still use the lower tier armor. I will change this later since it's save compatible.
Check prisoner equipment is bugged.                         
Troop tree is broken (not necessarily, just that it only display 1 line of troops, and 1257AD has 2-3 for each faction Removed for now

You're going to need the base 1257AD 1.13 version installed in your modules folder. The reason for this is because only the source from 1257AD is open source, do i cannot redistribute the assets around. Just extract the contents of the archive into the 1257AD folder and replace if prompted.

Report bugs and suggestions here in the thread.

(the description in the links below is outdated)
Download Nexus
Download Moddb

Changelog
Current version: v1.6

NOTE: Things with the "New game:" prefix requires a new game to take effect.

v1.6 (requires a new game)
1). Fixed/Improved a few scenes (most notably added a extra ladder to arab town siege scene).
2). Nerfed horse archers and horse throwers.
3). Fixed bug introduced in previous version where, due to a missing check, Guildmasters always told the player that he already had a enterprise in that town even if he didn't.
4). Vanilla sounds are now used for man's death, hit and yell sounds in battle.
5). Throwing weapons now do piercing damage but damage decreased.
6). Added dismounted versions of Knight Order Serjeants and Knights. For now they can only be obtained by rescuing prisoners in the Crusader States and Teutonic Order areas.
7). Crusader parties are now more varied (e.g. euro crusaders, scandinavian crusaders, etc).
:cool:. In the previous versions, if the player selected anything other than 3 branches for their CTT troops, troops from the 3 branches still appeared as reinforcements. Since there was no way to select their stats and equipment, they stayed naked and weak. To fix that i added a half-assed fix that can be accessed under the reloaded menu under camp. If you selected anything other than 3 branches, go there and hit the option that reflect your choice. After that the troops from reinforcements as well as guards from fiefs scenes will be updated.
9). Fixed incorrect name for veteran welsh mercenary bowman.

v1.5
1). Fixed inability of hiring troops to a fief's garrison if it already had 400 or more troops.
2). Player can now restore Roman Empire if starting as ruler of Roman Empire of Nicaea (due to a missing check this was only possible if the player was a vassal)
3). Removed penalty that player gets to fief income from difficulty settings.
4). Removed shaders that caused things to glow white. But mb.fx must be removed from the 1257AD folder for this to take effect.
5). Fixed female invincibility bug.
6). Fixed attacking siege archers not using their bows (now truly fixed).
7). Fixed invisible male body bug. 

v1.4 (requires a new game due to bounty quests)
1). Fixed merchants not getting items at game start.
2). Player king can now choose which fief he wants to take (before you could only choose a fief preselected by order of importance).
3). Information about lords fiefs (or lack thereof) will be displayed alongside their names when choosing to give a fief to them.
4). Fixed most troop translations. Hopefully it's all right now.
5). Village elders will receive a random (and small) amount of money at game start.
6). When attempting to enter a ongoing battle in the map, relations between those parties and the player will be show alongside the party's names.
7). Added thick versions of shields to tier 3 cavalry units, and thick/reinforced versions to tier 4 cavalry.
:cool:. Gave Mongol tribesmen flag that makes them always get a ranged weapon. Also assigned them to horse archers at game start.
9). Higher tier welsh troop and mercs will always get leg armor now.
10). Further rebalanced veteran/elite euro merc equipment.
11). Fixed Mordovian archers being incorrectly assigned to horse archer category at game start.
12). Fixed attacking archers in sieges being set to hold fire at the battle start. They will still charge, but will try to use their bows/crossbows in the meantime.
13). Increased default goods merchant item count to 35.
14). Translated lord and lady's names/titles.
15). Added bounty quests to tavern keepers. The fugitives are random and based on pre-set archetypes (Rogue Knights, Pirates, Deserters, etc). The amount of gold as a reward is random and affected by this.
16). Fixed Latin light infantry being assigned to archers at game start.
17). Increased the amount of troops that the player gets when hiring a knight order in a town or manor.
1:cool:. Fixed kidnapped girl having wrong dialogue and breaking the associated quest.
19). Added links to the fiefs that some parties (rogue mercs, fugitive serfs) spawn from in notes menu.
20). Increased Varangian helmet armor to 80.
21). Improved Muslim Anatolian & Mamluk Sultanate (mercs included) troop equipment (especially their helmets).
22). Removed cloth caps from euro tier 2 and 3 ranged troops.
23). Improved Cataphract equipment.
24). Horseman now have a chance (20%) of dying or getting knocked unconscious when their horse dies (The chance can be change or turned off by opening mission_templates.txt and searching for "0 100 4 0 2147483680 2 1224979098644774914 20 1722 3 1224979098644774912 1224979098644774913 500" without quotes (there's 3 instances) and changing the 20 to the desired value or to 0 to disable it).
25). Fixed bug where player couldn't recruit troops from fief is his relation was 0 or less (now it's -5).
26). Increased Mamluk (full) Helmet armor to 70.
27). Knight orders that couldn't upgrade (all of them except teutonic) serjeants/half brothers can now upgrade to knights.
2:cool:. Fixed village recruitment menu informing that special mercs have headquarters there.

v1.3 (this update requires a new game unfortunately)
1). Genoese crossbowman can upgrade to sergeant version.
2). Redone Genoese crossbowman stats and equipment. Base starts at 250 proficiency and sergeants get 320.
3). Player gains renown if he kills enough opponents in battle (for every 5 enemies killed = +1 renown).
4). Gave player crowned great helmet if English king start selected.
5). Gave player better faction equipment if Novgorod king start selected.
6). Improved veteran/elite mercs equipment .
7). A message will be displayed when arrows are refilled during sieges.
:cool:. Fixed veteran/elite gaelic and kern mercs missing translated names.
9). Fixed rogue mercs spawning through villages and castles.
10). Added prefix to peasant rebels with their template faction name.
11). Implemented reloaded menu at camp menu with extra options (see readme for information on options).
12). Added rus face textures to females (no more ugly women).
13). Fixed Venice having Iberian culture.
14). Player ransom amount no longer tied to amount of money he has. It's now 100 gold per level (300 if you're king).
15). Deserters/Bandits will now ask for a amount based on player inventory trade goods value and not total wealth .
16). Ladders take 2 times less to build.
17). Fixed some mounted archers (Kipchak archer, Mongolian tribesman and many others) not being assigned to the horse archer class at game start.
1:cool:. Georgian horse archers no longer can upgrade to Georgian lancers
19). Barbed arrows and bolts now do pierce damage, but damage decreased. Other arrows have more damage (use them against light armoured foes).
20). Redone bow stats. Longbows and Crossbows now have pierce damage.
21). Axes no longer have pierce damage. Instead they get more damage.
22). Gave lamellar gauntlets to Rus Boyarins.
23). Player receives more varied party composition at noble game start.
24). Added new visit camp feature from dickplomacy.

v1.2
1). Removed the previous banner button on the choose banner menu (bugged).
2). New game: Added suffixes to mercenary companion's names with their profession (nobles are unaffected).
3). Buying cattle from village elders will add the amount spent to the village's gold amount.
4). Fixed some clipping on full helmets when used by someone with a beard.
5). New game: Player will now be properly recognized by the game as king if king start is chosen and will get the bonus to party size (+150).
6). Changing culture now costs 30k gold.
7). Fixed bugs in changing player culture dialogues; Now they will display cultures instead of factions. Also, things like castle guards, town guards, prison guards and reinforcements will get properly updated after the player choice.
:cool:. New game (only if you did assign any skill points to custom troops): Custom troops were too OP. They now receive 10% less skill points per level (it was 110%).
9). Arena fighters spawn 4 times faster.
10). New game: All factions will recognize player right to rule at the game start if king option selected. Thus, options like trade agreements and alliances become available at the beginning without the need to send a companion in a mission.
11). Removed the morale penalty for party size (1 morale penalty for each troop).
12). Removed the "disband lance forces" option if the player doesn't own the fief.
13). Fixed the party size report menu to display the values correctly, including the bonus by being a king, marshall and for each castle the player owns.
14). Removed the tavern recruit option (bugged).
15). Added post-battle kill count.
16). Higher tier mercs (at least some of them) will now get improved equipment.

v1.1
1). Fixed battle map speed.
2). New game: Player will receive more food to account for troops if noble start selected.

v1.0
Initial release

To do list
(Note that those things aren't guaranteed. I will see if i can add them with my current ability)
Further rebalance troop trees
Add the morale system from TLD (kills enemies to inspire troops)
Add silverstag improve equipment system
Make manor build times be affected by your party's engineer skill
Allow the building of manor improvements through the initial menu
Fix tavern recruitment
Fix troop trees presentation
Make wine and ale give morale   

extended diplomacy

Pics (Go check the Nexus link)

CREDITS:
1257AD team for the base mod
Me for putting all these stuff together and bugfixing it
Lazeras for KAOS Political KIT OSP
Caba`drin from Taleworlds forum (several OS code pieces)
RUBIK for troop ration bar
ZSAR for Indictment spiral fix
Other people at Taleworlds forum for helping me fix some bugs

Never played much 1257 AD, but will definitely try this out. Nice to see you are improving this older mod tho, stuff like this is why I love the modding community of MB. If you want, I can leave some feedback after I played it a bit.

Vaegir Luchnik said:
Never played much 1257 AD, but will definitely try this out. Nice to see you are improving this older mod tho, stuff like this is why I love the modding community of MB. If you want, I can leave some feedback after I played it a bit.
Thank you. Please do that if possible.

KratosMKII said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:
So here's the first few bugs I can confirm for you:
]Battles on the map are bugged, they are indeed slow even if the odds are really against one side.

Troop tree is broken, in that it shows only a single branch, most often the archer branch. But the various troops do appear in game, so not a big problem.

Previous button to banner choose presentation, shows textures of various doors. The banner selecting seems to be broken too. Basically you choose one banner and in game (on heraldry etc, map icon) a different banner is shown than the one you previously selected. (This was with historical heraldry turned off)

I also found one bug, in the manor of one of the French towns (Can't remember which one exactly) where I couldn't walk around into the small keep, couldn't go through a door that lead to some stairs. But overall the mod is great, having a bunch of fun as a mercenary in the holy land.

Vaegir Luchnik said:
KratosMKII said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:
]Battles on the map are bugged, they are indeed slow even if the odds are really against one side.

Troop tree is broken, in that it shows only a single branch, most often the archer branch. But the various troops do appear in game, so not a big problem.

Previous button to banner choose presentation, shows textures of various doors. The banner selecting seems to be broken too. Basically you choose one banner and in game (on heraldry etc, map icon) a different banner is shown than the one you previously selected. (This was with historical heraldry turned off)

I also found one bug, in the manor of one of the French towns (Can't remember which one exactly) where I couldn't walk around into the small keep, couldn't go through a door that lead to some stairs. But overall the mod is great, having a bunch of fun as a mercenary in the holy land.
Fixed the battle bug in new version. I'm look at the others and see what i can do.

KratosMKII said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:
KratosMKII said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:

Fixed the battle bug in new version. I'm look at the others and see what i can do.
Good to hear, if you please, could you give some detail on what will be in the new version next to bugfixes? Are there any new feature or items planned? Whatever you do, thanks a bunch for this module and good luck!

Vaegir Luchnik said:
KratosMKII said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:
KratosMKII said:
Vaegir Luchnik said:

Good to hear, if you please, could you give some detail on what will be in the new version next to bugfixes? Are there any new feature or items planned? Whatever you do, thanks a bunch for this module and good luck!
Added to first post as To do list.

This is probably the best submod of 1257AD. Thank you for that, but i have got some suggestions nad bugs, which I want to report.

Bugs:
1. Prisoner dialog is broken. If you speak to some lord and after that to a prisoner (regular troop), he would have the same dialog as the captured lord has. If you choose the free option, the game will crash.
2. If you play as the Kaiser of HRE, you will have capital in Nuremberg, not in Frankfurt. This is probably connected with parties.txt file. Frankfurt is the third german town (6_3) not the first (6_1).
3. Faction ressuraction may result in establishing the second kingdom of the same name, if you are a king.

Suggestions:
1. Latin Empire should be catholic. I don't know why the authors made it orthodox.
2. Lithuania and Halich should be catholic as well. Mendog was baptised in 1251. Daniel 1 was coronated by Pope's legate in 1253
3. Strasburg should definitely be in the other place. I know that some other towns/castles/villages ares misplaced as well, but Strasburg is the north Italy beats everything.

PS: If I have written something, which cannot be understand, do not hesitate to ask. English is not my first language and I don't use it frequently

Siegfried_von_Weissberg said:
This is probably the best submod of 1257AD. Thank you for that, but i have got some suggestions nad bugs, which I want to report.

Bugs:
1. Prisoner dialog is broken. If you speak to some lord and after that to a prisoner (regular troop), he would have the same dialog as the captured lord has. If you choose the free option, the game will crash.
2. If you play as the Kaiser of HRE, you will have capital in Nuremberg, not in Frankfurt. This is probably connected with parties.txt file. Frankfurt is the third german town (6_3) not the first (6_1).
3. Faction ressuraction may result in establishing the second kingdom of the same name, if you are a king.

Suggestions:
1. Latin Empire should be catholic. I don't know why the authors made it orthodox.
2. Lithuania and Halich should be catholic as well. Mendog was baptised in 1251. Daniel 1 was coronated by Pope's legate in 1253
3. Strasburg should definitely be in the other place. I know that some other towns/castles/villages ares misplaced as well, but Strasburg is the north Italy beats everything.

PS: If I have written something, which cannot be understand, do not hesitate to ask. English is not my first language and I don't use it frequently
Ok i will look at the bugs.

About the suggestions:
1 and 2: a period of 4-6 years isn't enough to convert the entire population. I think the devs took this into account when deciding the religion.
3: That's probably because there's a wide gap between the HRE and the Italy city states. if i'm not mistaken the AI has problems with wars far away. They probably placed it there to prevent this kind of issue. Sorta to "connect" them so that they can declare war at each other more easily.

Never too much 1257  I guess  :iamamoron:
I'll check this out for sure and report issues
here is my mandatory *****ing about no 2h on horseback  :mrgreen:

I'm happy someone is taking up the open source. This is the best Warband mod and it deserves to be updated. I thought they had waited too long to release the source code for any modder to care, but looks like at least 1 person did. I hope more people join in to help, because an updated version of the mod (based on open source, not used without permission) using the scripts that have been developed in the recent years would be huge.

Granted, you literally just released this mod, but I already have a feature request.

Is there any chance of adding a couple of cities and castles to the central-eastern portion of the map? There is a huge barren wasteland in the caucasus mountains that can be meaningfully used, either to add another small faction (kingdom of georgia) or just split it up between the golden horde and ilkhanate. It would make it a strategic region instead of just a blank space. I love the detail of the map and this one area always bothered me.

as a side note, I'd recommend posting about this mod in other communities (M&B subreddit, for example) because it's hard to believe many people can find it when it's tucked away in "the cellar".

bunkorder said:
I'm happy someone is taking up the open source. This is the best Warband mod and it deserves to be updated. I thought they had waited too long to release the source code for any modder to care, but looks like at least 1 person did. I hope more people join in to help, because an updated version of the mod (based on open source, not used without permission) using the scripts that have been developed in the recent years would be huge.

Granted, you literally just released this mod, but I already have a feature request.

Is there any chance of adding a couple of cities and castles to the central-eastern portion of the map? There is a huge barren wasteland in the caucasus mountains that can be meaningfully used, either to add another small faction (kingdom of georgia) or just split it up between the golden horde and ilkhanate. It would make it a strategic region instead of just a blank space. I love the detail of the map and this one area always bothered me.

as a side note, I'd recommend posting about this mod in other communities (M&B subreddit, for example) because it's hard to believe many people can find it when it's tucked away in "the cellar".
Thanks for the suggestions. About the Caucasus region void, i don't know if the game would be able to handle another faction and all the things that come with it. Also, i would need lots of information on the Georgians so that i could make their fiefs and troop trees. And i just posted about the submod on reddit so now maybe it gets more attention and this will help with polishing and bugfixing.

Sure, I figure adding new factions is not the first priority. I think you can get away with using the Christian Anatolian troop tree for a start. It looks similar enough that you don't have to make a whole new culture for them. Here's a reference for settlement placement
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Georgia#/media/File:Caucasus_1245_AD_map_de.png

The political situation is not straight forward. Georgia was a vassal state to the mongols (like Novgorod) and contributed soldiers to the mongol armies, but there were attempted revolts at the time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_VII_of_Georgia

Though it seems that, in 1257 specifically, Georgia was a compliant vassal state. So you could even get away with putting Ilkhanate settlements there, though it'd be more fun if there was a smaller faction there that eventually revolts.

As far as reddit posting, I encourage you to post every time you release a new version, with a changelog and screenshots and such. there's a couple of modders doing the same with their projects.

Thanks for submod which get rid of ugly women, but I've found two glitches playing as a monarch

Markets not have items and no money
Bodies were invisible

Arnulf Floyd said:
Thanks for submod which get rid of ugly women, but I've found two glitches playing as a monarch

Markets not have items and no money
Bodies were invisible
I forgot to call the scripts that update the merchants at the game start. Wait 72 hours or whatever time you set in the merchant options menu.

About the invisible bodies when they have no body armor, it is probably some texture that i forgot to add. I will fix it in the next release.

The mod looks promising but I keep crashing when I was customizing a new character and I suspect it has to do with one of the hair options. Also, starting of as a Prince or Monarch of the Byzantine Empire the character starts off without fiefs or weapons and the stores are also empty.

Really enjoying this + Repolished for the improved 1257AD experience - but I've come across one particularly interesting bug. Now, I'm not sure if it's with Reloaded or Repolished but seeing as yours is the mechanical one I figured it is. Women are invincible. As a feminist chick this gave me a chuckle when I found out that this was the cause of my female character being unkillable. Peasant Women are unkillable too.

Now yeah, being an invincible warmachine is fun for the first 600 poles you cut down, but I'd like to be able to both play as a woman and be able to lose as intended.

Back
Top Bottom