[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm, weird, first time that was reported. I tried some experiments with custom shaders (FAILED experiments), that is solved, as mentioned in a previous post. Lag was one of the issues, but if you erase the shader files from the mod, it is taken care of.
Since the issue exists in the base game, as well, of course, that's not it.
My next guess would be RAM issues or even a bad download. I made the mod with the GOG version (authentic), soooo maybe that's it?

Hmmm, weird, first time that was reported. I tried some experiments with custom shaders (FAILED experiments), that is solved, as mentioned in a previous post. Lag was one of the issues, but if you erase the shader files from the mod, it is taken care of.
Since the issue exists in the base game, as well, of course, that's not it.
My next guess would be RAM issues or even a bad download. I made the mod with the GOG version (authentic), soooo maybe that's it?
I used the taleworlds version, so yea it could be ram issues or maybe the wrong graphic driver version. Doesn't matter though, guns all the way!

By the way Antonis, do you know who made the animations? I checked through openBRF and looks like its made for "Star Wars Conquest"? There are soo many animation I would like to ask for permission to use, especially the death anims. They look varied and fresh in the eyes!

Yup, the animations were made by DarthMongol (the new ones), a friend and very good animator/3d modeller. He originally made them for SWC, indeed, and gave them as a gift to me, after I helped him with a couple of issues. On my end, you're free to use anything I did, all my stuff are OSP, from any mod. As for the original 1866 assets, I cannot give permission for those, of course. For the animation, you'll need to ask Darth Mongol. If I am not mistaken, he has a profile here, and of course, his own server on Discord. :grin:

Mouse control is kinda weird, its like accelerated and laggy? I don't know whether this is the mod's problem or just the original m&b (yes, i tried ole m&b just for this mod lmao)

this mod is sooo fun.

edit: tested native m&b and the mouse lag exists, can anyone point out any solution? I've no idea what to do.
You mean that the animations don't play or what?

Nope. Not only did we manage to port things, but dialogues are also semi-ready (100% ready for a release, but in need of some western "flavour").
Items, troops etc. are all in. New particles are in, new sounds, and a shooting system.
Also, there's been a change of scenery. From the light fantasy "Texas" map, we moved it to a valley in the Midwest. That way, we can have a lot of options concerning the landscape, as well as more variety.
Another change is that we moved the mod a bit earlier, in the last months of the Civil War. The county is split in between the North and South, who fight desperately, even if the war is close to end. There are also two Indian factions from the area (not Apaches or Comanches), an outlaw gang faction and a settlers' faction, in the middle of all this, trying to survive.

Now, what is not done and needed are scenes, mainly (there are a couple of details, but nothing major). I ported the original mod's scenes, and made a new "siege" system, a combination of the old mod's sieges with Native. But, we have 13 "western" towns, and the original mod has only 3. For testing and playability, all those use the original 3 scenes, but it is kinda silly to see the same scenes over and over. But since neither tocan nor I are scene makers, and so far, we didn't have much lack with actual scene makers, well. The mod still remains as is.

Nope. Not only did we manage to port things, but dialogues are also semi-ready (100% ready for a release, but in need of some western "flavour").
Items, troops etc. are all in. New particles are in, new sounds, and a shooting system.
Also, there's been a change of scenery. From the light fantasy "Texas" map, we moved it to a valley in the Midwest. That way, we can have a lot of options concerning the landscape, as well as more variety.
Another change is that we moved the mod a bit earlier, in the last months of the Civil War. The county is split in between the North and South, who fight desperately, even if the war is close to end. There are also two Indian factions from the area (not Apaches or Comanches), an outlaw gang faction and a settlers' faction, in the middle of all this, trying to survive.

Now, what is not done and needed are scenes, mainly (there are a couple of details, but nothing major). I ported the original mod's scenes, and made a new "siege" system, a combination of the old mod's sieges with Native. But, we have 13 "western" towns, and the original mod has only 3. For testing and playability, all those use the original 3 scenes, but it is kinda silly to see the same scenes over and over. But since neither tocan nor I are scene makers, and so far, we didn't have much lack with actual scene makers, well. The mod still remains as is.
This sounds very nice. Warband doesn't have too many Western mods so following this closely.

Following very close. Just bought OG M&B to give the original 1866 mod a shot and damn, it hits every itch RDR2 couldn't scratch. One thing I was wondering: If you're tossing in the Colt 1873 and the S&W Model 3, why not just bump the in-game timeline from 1866 to somewhere in the 1870's/1880's? Would fit the "For a few years more" moniker well and give you more liberties when it comes to expanding the weapon selection. Aside from changing some character names you wouldn't have to do anything to make the timeline shift work since all the pre-existing factions, Confederate Renegades included, were still active in the '70s.

Last edited:
Hey, guys, a bit late to the party. Sorry, I don't check this place very often, these days. :razz:
I'd love to help, but I changed the music tracks a couple of times, and I don't really remember anything; it's been a couple of years since I last checked the vanilla M&B version, and by now, a lot more years since I started it.
I can safely tell you that the Warband version we're working on has only royalty free tracks, because I hand-picked them and more recently, but that's for Warband, don't really remember much about the ones in vanilla.

Hi even without checking the link I can be sure this is my post about finding 1860s OST music, so this new user is the guy I hired to find Fire Dance :grin: End of the circle I guess
Yes, that is right.
There is no traces on any legal databases and overall quality is looks like it has been recorded by garageband
In this case you may never find it because it may have been lost on the 2000s Internet...

Back
Top Bottom