[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

Ive asked a couple of friends to try this mod and they report that everything is fairly balanced, horses are expensive but that's not a problem. However they too sai that the overhead swing and stab work as they are intended but there is something wrong with swing that come from left and right, they say that if the line goes lower it immediatly stops the animation. I don't know if others here have had this manifest.

I've played this mod a litle more and i haven't found a single other bug than that animation thing. The smoke from guns is pretty thick but that's intentional, i guess.

Yeah it's a real shame, but i don't see that we would get the module system anytime soon. I have also tried to fix that animation thingy but it seems that i can't get it to work don't know what's up with it but it seems that the animation just restricts trying to make low blows....weird.

Hmmm....i am still trying to find out what's up with the animation not playing but haven't been able to find out the cause, i have been going through the animation files..

I made a forum account to just post here. I absolutely love 1866 so much I was excited to see it being continued in some way. However I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get this mod functioning. For the life of my I can't get it working no matter what I try. I'm using the latest version of M&B on Steam, tried the 4gb patch,, even tried the enhanced version and compatibility modes. Nothing seems to work, I get a texture load issue every so often, but the actual issue I have is my game getting a runtime error that causes it to terminate as soon as I try to start a new game.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Hello! That's strange, as nobody reported texture load issues before, even with the shader shenanigans. If you can, what exactly is the message saying? Also, in what OS are you playing, Windows or else?
As for the runtime error, well, it sucks, but there's nothing to do about it. The reason is very simple. The mod has tons of updated textures and models, which would run without an issue in Warband (part of the reason we are porting it), but the vanilla M&B just can't handle them well. It is also relative to how good your PC is. For example, on my desktop, I haven't yet seen any CTDs, only the occasional lag (again, game engine related), while on my laptop I can't run the mod, exactly because of Runtime errors, too.

Hello! Thank you for responding, I'm using Windows 10 and I have a fairly decent desktop, don't get any issues running high end games. The issue I'm getting is a Runtime Error that says the application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Here is a screen cap of it.
E77hcRQ.png

I do want to say I'm very excited to play and thank you for continuing this mod. I used to play it for hours on end back when I was in school and was blown away when I saw someone was continuing it. Looking forward to the Warband port!

Hmmm, that is very weird, definitely. I don't use Win 10 myself, but other guys do, and I haven't heard anything of the sort. Especially if you have a decent rig. Runtime errors are common in the vanilla M&B, but for RAM issues etc.
One other question, are you running the mod with Iron Launcher? Because the font remains unchanged.

Any hope about the unfinished quests?
If @Antonis and @Tocan are ok with it, I could try to find a way around those unfinished quests. More specifically, I've thought of rewriting their text strings to make them look "finished". Guess that's about as much that can be done without the mod's source code

By the way, anyone willing to help me compile a list of unfinished custom quests? That would really speed things up for me -of course, with the submod authors' consent.

Is it possible to revert back to Native animations, i haven't been able to fix the prbolem with hands custom animations, i thought that playing the mod by first launching it from the Iron Launcher would fix it but the bug seems to persist. And i can't just remove the custom animations, are they hard-coded?

I don't seem to be able to do this.....would i have to move all animations in original 1866 mod to the newer one? does it work, it doesn't cause any complications?

Mouse control is kinda weird, its like accelerated and laggy? I don't know whether this is the mod's problem or just the original m&b (yes, i tried ole m&b just for this mod lmao)

this mod is sooo fun.

edit: tested native m&b and the mouse lag exists, can anyone point out any solution? I've no idea what to do.

Back
Top Bottom