[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

So. I got right MB version. I got 4Gb patch. I have downloaded and clean installed this mod. I use Iron Launcher to start MB. But i still get RGL errors on start , loading various .dds textures. MB is not using 4gb if memory at that time,or even 2. Cant play it.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I would like to ask one question, regarding the M&B 1.011
I am currently playing a Native Expansion v0.568 mod and would like to export my character.

I have done everything so far, what was available on the forums:
1. Clicked on character
2. Statistics
3. Export
4. etc. ...

The problem is that I was never able to find the txt file with my characters name.
I can remember, when I was using Win 7 OS, that I had to go to C:/User/Documents/Mount and Blade/Characters ... and there, I could modify my character. Is this happening because I am running the game on Win 8, please?

Moreover, after I exported the character, I was not able to import it in another gameplay - the message was that the file had not existed.
If a solution exists for that, could you please kindly direct me to the thread/website/etc.?

Thank you
Best regards
katox

This is so awesome that You took Your time @Antonis and worked on this. I remember playing this mod a lot of time, then warband and this again years ago. I've also tried to port the stuff myself to warband on local, but it was a mess TBH :smile: I'm a software engineer and sort of capable in working with Unity and C# as well, so If You would be interested in making something similar for Bannerlord then I could join and help on doing proper western mod we were missing in Warband.

Regards

Thank you for your interest. Yeah, porting to Warband is pretty much impossible, sadly. Too many custom animations and scripts for it to work, especially without the Module System. As for Bannerlord, I would, but it is very early and from what I've seen so far, I don't know if the engine would be suitable for a Western theme.

Hi! Thank you for continue this great mod. I have a question. I do not gain experience when shooting from a "Sawed-off shotgun" and "Moore&Co. 10-gauge Shotgun", as well as when using dynamite and grenadoes. How to fix it?
P.S. Sorry for my possible mistakes, English is not my native language.

That's probably a script based issue. I don't really use shotguns, although I should have noticed that. Does that happen with all shotguns of the mod, or just those two?
Also, if it's not a sub-mod bug, but an original mod's one, I can't help, I'm afraid. :sad:
I don't have access to the module files to fix this or more pressing issues.

Ah, well. I am not overly keen on using shotguns, always going for the rifle/revolver combo. :grin:
Of course it is important, but little can be done, sadly.

HI, nice work. great font choice and UI.

I saw peeps struggle - Thought this might help.

I have downloaded standalone submod from MEGA and noticed few things.
Upon start no text appears. reason game reads fonts.dds texutre but cant locate font_data.xml.

Inside 1866 folder is folder named "Module data". it should be renamed to just "Data"
On launch, It will give skybox error. This is fixed by simply renaming skyboxes.txt to something like skyboxesBACK.txt.

So steps are;
1. go inside 1866 folder
2. rename "Module Data" folder in just "Data"
3. go in "Module Data" folder rename skyboxes.txt to skyboxesBACK.txt.
4. normaly start the game

Hey, thanks for this. A note about renaming Data: you can do that, if you want Native font. If you want the custom font to display, start the mod with Iron Launcher (it's provided). :grin:

Thank you for your interest. Yeah, porting to Warband is pretty much impossible, sadly. Too many custom animations and scripts for it to work, especially without the Module System. As for Bannerlord, I would, but it is very early and from what I've seen so far, I don't know if the engine would be suitable for a Western theme.

This might be much more work than I imagine, but what about making this submod, but using the 1860s Old America mod as a base?

Hmmm, it would certainly be an interesting project. I contacted Gabrilduro before, but he hasn't really answered. Plus, 1860s has a ton of bugs/issues. I'm working on making a American Revolution mod (very slowly, because I have a couple of other on-going projects). When that's done, it should be a relatively easy job to use it as base for a 1866 sub-mod. That's for the future, though.

You are a good man, sir. I saying to myself that I should be the only person still plays this mod in 2020. I didn't saw this sub-mod last year, I discovered it right now. You are a hero.

edit: I'm just taking runtime error when I'm entering the tavern or city centre. Is there a known fix for that?

Last edited:
Thank you. The mod is a great one, among the 3 greatest mods for M&B, in my opinion, the other two being being Solid&Shade and SWC. TLD is also very good, but the Warband version is megatons better.
As for the Runtime error, yeah, I know. Sadly, it's memory related. The game will use only up to 2GB of RAM and it has various runtime issues with added graphical content. I'd strongly suggest the Enhanced Version of 1.011 and/or a 4GB patch.

Right, after some recent feedback, by DarthMongol the Unwise, a great modeller/animation maker, I went back into the mod and begun changing some not really ideal stuff. Such as:
- the level of all troops is decreased, resulting in them being more affordable and economical to maintain. Their stats have increased, when necessary, to cover any gaps
- the price of all items is being re-worked, based or real life prices, from existing catalogs of the 1860s decade. Some changes are subtle, but some are pretty drastic; for example, the horses are now the most expensive item in the mod, with the best horses costing as much as 200$, while ammunition is dirt cheap (in the Remington catalogue of 1867, a box of bullets was listed for 25$ and each bullet for 0.02$(2 cents, only); so, with this logic, a pack of 30 bullets costs around 60 cents); the guns vary, because for most of the guns in the mod, there are existing prices from this era.
- new animations, for pistols, rifles and deaths; all compliments of Darth Mongol (I'll have to ask him first, before releasing a new version, of course, if he likes his animations to be used publicly)
- edited scenes
- bug-fixes and attempts to reduce memory strain, while keeping the quality high

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom