[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, the files I uploaded are the original mod and the submod together, as a standalone 'mod'. No need to overwrite anything. Still, if you launched it via Iron Launcher, and the game launched, it shouldn't be any problem. One question: do you have the font all meshed up, or no font, at all? If it is the latter, check if there's a file named game_variables.txt in the module folder.

Yeah... i have the same problem, i have tried to download it again and in the mods folder there IS a file named game_variables.txt but even by launching it with the Iron Launcher,soon as the mod starts there is no font like at all not in menu not anywhere. i just wonder that could i change it back to original font(no offense i am sure your font is fitting to the era of the mod).Not even one letter is visible, what am i doing wrong? i downloaded it from Mega like everyone else....

Hmm, to go back to Native font, just delete the font.dds from the Textures folder and the font.data from the Module Data folder, of the mod(not the og game files, of course).
Still, just for curiosity's sake, do you guys play on M&B 1.011? I have to figure this out.

Antonis said:
Still, just for curiosity's sake, do you guys play on M&B 1.011? I have to figure this out.
Note that Taleworlds confusingly created TWO 1.011 versions.  The one (which I believe is the one that most people find easily) is slightly larger than the other, and has "issues", while the second (newer) one is a few percent smaller and works MUCH more reliably.  Not sure if it affects this particular problem, but you probably want to make sure you have the "right" version 1.011.

Hmm, I have the game on GOG. And then, I use the enhanced version of 1.011. It's not a requirement for the mod, though. And generally, the font shouldn't have anything to do with game versions. The font from 0.751 is working on Warband latest version and vice versa.

Well i fixed the font and it works...sometimes, but i do get the RGL error unable to find textures_deer.dds or something like that. Other times it crashes in the menu after clicking new game "Runtime error" which happens too often...why? are the graphics too good or...?

Well, there's a certain upgrade in graphics(mostly new textures). But you should be able to play normally(if more slowly at larger battles), if you could already play the original game and mod. Runtime errors are memory connected, iirc. If I'm not mistaken, the game doesn't make use of the full memory size. Personally, I use a 4GB patch for the game's exe.

Definitely use a 4Gb utility, most of the major overhaul mods won't run reliably without one.  The game can only access the base 2Gb of memory in your system, and if the operating system and other utilities and programs are chewing up more than a small fraction of that, there's not enough left for the game to use, no matter how much is actually in the computer.  A 3Gb or 4Gb memory utility allows the program to access more of the available memory, and most of those utilities are free.  Run the utility, point it to the program you want to modify, and it will find and alter the memory limits.

I've used it on several older games by various developers, and with "The Last Days" mod for M&B, my crashes dropped from every 20-40 minutes to one crash over the course of a couple of months.  Warband doesn't have the limitation, so the patch isn't needed.

Have launched the mod with the Iron Launcher provided? The sub-mod features custom interface and fonts and to make those work you MUST use the Iron Launcher.

Ah, totally missed that. Thanks!
Edit: Unfortunately I had the same texture errors. I installed it standalone in the modules folder. Should I install it over a normal 1866 mod?

Hello.
First, want to thank Antonis, for continue this mod, one time all favourite of mine. Always loved this theme and how this mod did make return to M&B. Never experimented with 1860 mod for warband, just 1755 and 1776, because I always felt this one was better in the old west/cowboy theme.
Now, I have also problems running the mod. I downloaded and put the folder in the Modules folder of M&B. But when running the game, from the launcher, I have no messages/fonts.
Then I run it from iron launcher from inside the mod folder, it did appear the fonts (processing ini file, the menus,etc.). I select a quick mission and tried to run it, but it give me a CTD with the message about runtime been requested to terminate.
I then decided to do a clean installation of the game, but had the same problems.

Hey, thanks for stopping by and the kind words!
That's strange, because I didn't really make any changes to the quick missions, and if there was anything wrong with items/troops/scripts the game wouldn't load(the original M&B is funky like that). Two things, though, that I forgot to mention; a) I developed this sub-mod while I had the enhanced 1.011 M&B version and b) the sub-mod has somewhat greater requirements than the original mod, due to textures, mostly. However, the original M&B doesn't use a large part of RAM, you'll need a 4bg patch for that.

I see, so what is the enhanced version of MB 1.011 and where to the get the 4gb patch for M&B (I play also silent hunter 3 and the heavy mods do also require a 4gb patch) . When I returned to the game, a few years ago, in my previous specs, I downloaded the game from the talewords. Do not know if it is the enhanced version or not.

Well, regarding the 4gb patch, you need a generic 4gb patcher. I use this one: https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371
Disclaimer, backup your files, I am not responsible for any damage one files and software blah, blah, blah...
The software is harmless, but just to be sure. :razz:

Now, regarding the enhanced version. Taleworlds for some reason went back to a less polished version of their game, I don't really know why. Fortunately, there were some people that had the more advnaced version stored and they uploaded it: https://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version

Personally, I can't play without it any mod for the original M&B.

Thank you. I installed the enhanced version and did some tests. Launching the mod by mb.exe gives me the absent fonts/text issue. If I run the game from the iron launcher that comes in the mod, all is fine. The mod load up fine in the enhanced version, it just had some freeze moments when I begin to play a quick mission, to see if the mods runs fine.
I then applied the 4gb patch and only freeze the screen like 2 times, then was fine. I could run, turn and jump with the character with out issues.

Yeah, the sub-mod must be run by the Iron launcher. Otherwise, cool. Those freezes are natural, I also have them and pretty much all players do. Memory allocation in M&B games isn't ideal. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom