• The forum has been updated. For an explanation of some of the changes, head over here.

[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Currently viewing this thread:

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Hi! Maybe it's a bit early to announce this, but together with a friend, tocan (author of Tocan's Calradia, a mod that has become the base for many others) we started re-making the mod for Warband. It will be published as a sub-mod, eventually, to avoid any trouble, because we view it as a passion project, we don't mean to steal anyone's work, but expand on a great mod, in a superior game engine, like Warband is to vanilla M&B.
All depend on how the mod's scenes are ported to Warband. If we manage to port them, we have big plans. Making the mod essentially from the beginning, we will expand on the great concept.

So, as for your question, friend, working with text files, in the original mod, it is not possible. The module system is required for that and more, and that's why we are trying. :grin:

GermanCowboy

Recruit
Hi! Maybe it's a bit early to announce this, but together with a friend, tocan (author of Tocan's Calradia, a mod that has become the base for many others) we started re-making the mod for Warband. It will be published as a sub-mod, eventually, to avoid any trouble, because we view it as a passion project, we don't mean to steal anyone's work, but expand on a great mod, in a superior game engine, like Warband is to vanilla M&B.
All depend on how the mod's scenes are ported to Warband. If we manage to port them, we have big plans. Making the mod essentially from the beginning, we will expand on the great concept.

So, as for your question, friend, working with text files, in the original mod, it is not possible. The module system is required for that and more, and that's why we are trying. :grin:

OMG! I just bought Warband. The Native game is much better than M&B, but I don't care for the 1860s Old America mod at all. The 1866 with your sub-mod is superior in almost all aspects. So being able to play it with the WB engine would be great!

Last edited:

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Thank you, we are working hard on it. Just a teaser, with the French troops in and a random battle scene, with a new system of spawned scene props, made by tocan:
mb_warband_2021-01-20_15-44-59-82.jpg

Tocan

Sergeant Knight at Arms
👋 howdy!

hehe not a good example for the system bro, there is one skeleton ^^ if we have the flora i can make some screens tho.
until then:
yoHtJ.jpg

hmZUM.jpg

F23lx.jpg

Antonis

Marquis
WBWF&SVCNW
Niiice! And now, we haven't given up, yet. :grin:
But work has been slow, these last two weeks, mostly because of me. Returning to a teaching position after months of inactivity kinda took my time.

Top Bottom