[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

Alrighty, then! Guys, I do need as much feedback as possible.

Hello Antonis, do you have a cleaned up version uploaded somewhere? I planned to provide some feedback on this, but I cannot get it to work.

1: first try. No fonts in game, not even in the main menu. I deleted fonts.dds as you wrote, than I could start up with native fonts at least
2: second try with skybox error. Did Gorillaguerrila's method of renaming Module data to Data, than skyboxes to skyboxBACK, and it worked.
3: third try: CTD (runtime error, terminate, etc.) right after character generation
4: this time I actually got to the trainer, but I had a ctd when talking with him
5: fifth try is CTD during character generation (the usually terminate/runtime error)

No idea, just downloaded today from mega (link in first post)

1: You need to run with IronLauncher (provided in the download) to see the custom fonts
2: Same thing
3: You'll find a couple of CTDs, all are related to memory problems of the original game. The graphics are quite imporved in the mod and the og game only supports 2GB of RAM. It's best if you use the Enhanced Edition, by Swyter and probably a 4GB Patch.

But sometime soon-ish, I'll release a new version, that has more balance (basically, I downscaled some of the larger 2k textures, there was no point for those in a 2006 game, anyway)

1: You need to run with IronLauncher (provided in the download) to see the custom fonts
2: Same thing
3: You'll find a couple of CTDs, all are related to memory problems of the original game. The graphics are quite imporved in the mod and the og game only supports 2GB of RAM. It's best if you use the Enhanced Edition, by Swyter and probably a 4GB Patch.

I tried with the IronLauncher of course, but it didn't work. That's when I started to read through the topic, and found your solution of deleting the fonts, and gorillaguerrila's method of renaming the skybox file.
Unfortunately, the furthest I got was speaking with the trainer, most of the time (8/10) I have a ctd during character generation.

Also, I tried the unmodded 1866 game, which doesn't have these issues, but CTDs are very common. (I also have that mod on my crappy old pc, and zero ctds there. STrange) Also very strange, that i have no problems with other 1.011 mods.

if you are willing to write what ironlauncher changes, I would try to have a dedicated 1866 mount and blade copy, with manually overwriting the base game files, and not use the ironlauncher.

The only thing IronLauncher adds for my sub-mod is the font, tbh :grin:
So, font.dds in the textures folder and font.data in the Data folder. Other than that, nothing. Are you sure you're playing with the Enhanced Edition and/or 4GB patch? And I know it may be silly, but it's for version 1.011, not 1.000. Very important difference.
Other than that, idk. If you're playing on a Windows 10, maybe that's it? But that's just guessing.

The only thing IronLauncher adds for my sub-mod is the font, tbh :grin:
So, font.dds in the textures folder and font.data in the Data folder. Other than that, nothing. Are you sure you're playing with the Enhanced Edition and/or 4GB patch?

Yep, I know of the talewords ninja 1.011 version.

Other than that, idk. If you're playing on a Windows 10, maybe that's it? But that's just guessing.

Unfortunately, I have windows 10 now. When I got my new PC it was pre-installed. Mount&Blade games don't really like windows 10 (performance is worse on a PC which is three times better then my old win7 setup).

as a side note, I really, really hate the "not OS, a solution" method of Win10. It always litters my start menu with launchers I never wanted. Stuff like Xbox live, synchronised smartphone, and best of all, Microsoft Edge (!) which I "might be interested in". Well, not really, uninstall. Unfortunately, it seems upon startup it installs Edge again. Argh.

Hmmm, idk about Steam. I have the game through GOG, although it shouldn't really matter. IronLauncher is an external launcher, it doesn't "call" any other launchers etc. If you can write the exact error, that could help. Also, keep in mind this is for vanilla M&B, not Warband.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Dear Antonis,

I'm new to M&B, started playing a few weeks ago, when I got it on GOG with a huge discount. When I discovered 1866, I was very happy, as I'm a huge fan of Westerns. Then I discovered the 1866 Resurrected mod, which is even better than the original, but when I tried your sub-mod, I was really amazed! The new look of the guns, the new clothes, guns, etc... Amazing! Thank you! It was like a Christmas gift for me. I hope you will continue to develop this truly wonderful mod.

Happy New Year! I am very glad you like the mod and my sub-mod. As a matter of fact, there's new version semi-ready. Semi-ready, because while a lot of things were done, some still remain. The lags and many crashes have been resolved. They were due to a faulty shader I used. That's taken care of. The troops have been overhauled, resulting in lower-level troops, with higher overall stats, to decrease their maintenance (which is based on level). The sword models have been replaced by historically accurate ones (I had 1796 light cavalry sabre, for example, just because I liked the model, which is really not cool). Some new scene props were done and implemented, new death, melee, rifle and pistol animations, compliments of DarthMongolTheUnwise (some REALLY good ones, lemme tell you), new UI elements, new music, etc.

Happy New Year! I am very glad you like the mod and my sub-mod. As a matter of fact, there's new version semi-ready. Semi-ready, because while a lot of things were done, some still remain. The lags and many crashes have been resolved. They were due to a faulty shader I used. That's taken care of. The troops have been overhauled, resulting in lower-level troops, with higher overall stats, to decrease their maintenance (which is based on level). The sword models have been replaced by historically accurate ones (I had 1796 light cavalry sabre, for example, just because I liked the model, which is really not cool). Some new scene props were done and implemented, new death, melee, rifle and pistol animations, compliments of DarthMongolTheUnwise (some REALLY good ones, lemme tell you), new UI elements, new music, etc.

Great! Can't wait to see the new features!

IIRC, the 1866 Resurrected mod had a few more settlements. Any chance of incorporating that into your version?

Tbh, I never played it. Still, I can't see in ModDB mention of new settlements and I have to say, without a module system, I can't see how this would be possible.

Back
Top Bottom