[Sub-mod]1866: Western Mod - For a few years more

Users who are viewing this thread

Great to see that you are still working on this. Decent Wild West mods for Warband are not plentiful enough, so many are for old versions of Warband and have many things missing. You know that i write dialogue and background texts so if you need any help in that department i'm here.
Hey, nice! If you want, you can send me a message on Discord, and if you can, there's some work with texts (menus) and dialogues even now. I've done a lot of them, up to a point, but it would be a nice boost, if you could do more.

I really wish to play your current version submod. Please reup because the link does not work anymore.

Colorado looks perfect, indeed. Both season pictures, summer and winter, look almost exactly like the textures we have.
So, the Centennial State it is, then. :razz:
The good thing, there are only a couple of coding changes needed to make the "move". The bad thing is, I now have to search what Indian tribes Colorado had at the time, their looks and re-make them. Oh, well, it is a hobby, after all.
Hey maybe not though. The Sioux (Lakota), Apache, and Cheyenne were the big ones in Colorado in the 1860s. OG 1866 already has Apaches so there's something right there ready to go. Gabrilduro had a generic "Plains Indians" faction for 1860s Old America. ACW revived kind of does a similar thing with their faction. There's always that approach if you wanted to save time. If not and you want multiple tribes with their own feel and aesthetic, maybe the authors of either of those two mods would be willing to bum you the models?

Last edited:
Ah, yes, about this. As the lore was "a county someplace in Ohio", I went with Iroquois. 😅
Apache sound cool, so maybe I will have them as one faction. I'm seriously tempted by the Sioux, always liked them, but Cheyenne sound great, too. Maybe as a mini-faction.
As for models, actually, from a brief look, I'm pretty sure I can cook something up. There are already a couple of things in 1866, I made some more for my sub-mod, so might be fitting.

Hey, nice! If you want, you can send me a message on Discord, and if you can, there's some work with texts (menus) and dialogues even now. I've done a lot of them, up to a point, but it would be a nice boost, if you could do more.
Bit busy with this week's last school jobs and assignments but after i've done all i can give a hand with texts and dialogues. Will have time in Saturday.

I'm pleased to see the location changed to Colorado. Ohio really didn't work for a "historical" setting, as it was mostly heavily forested at the time, far from the "wild west", and hadn't seen violence on a significant scale since the French and Indian War (where George Washington was a promising junior officer) nearly a century earlier. Colorado is ideal for a mostly mountainous "wild" setting (with a few areas of plains and numerious mining camps and small settlements), whereas Oklahoma would be a better fit for mostly open plains with widely scattered settlements, and still a bit on the "wild" side.

Back
Top Bottom