Sub-forum for IC Posts

Users who are viewing this thread

Deserath

Sergeant Knight
Other mods house an area for Clans/Regiments and things of that nature.
-Sub-forum for in Character Posting Only.
-Factions, Characters etc
-No accusations of randoms and such.

If anyone likes or wants to expand/talk about this more go ahead.

I like it and my Hall of Fame is sort of part of this idea.

I have to say that Vornne is generally against sub-forums or maybe TaleWorlds are. I really do not know that.

I would suggest to start from interactive thread like mine [look at signature: Novicius Thread] with links to other threads related. If this become popular you would have bigger chance transforming thread to sub-forum.

In general sub-forums are created for sub-mods rather for ideas how to play them. Saying that I believe that PW mod is special and should be treated in special way.

Personally I believe that every established server of PW should have sub-forum...but this is just me.

Would anyone like to draw up something more official for this Idea? Mine feels lazy and incomplete.

I am not opposed in principle to a forum sub-board, which has been suggested before (but my responses were never really followed up), but I don't really see a clear and easily understood distinction of topic types for it and the main board:

A board for servers doesn't make much sense, because more things are dependant on the server being played on than most other mods, meaning almost all of the current threads are related to servers in some way; a separate board for each server would be unsustainable and contrary to the decentralized design of the mod.

I don't think a board just for "in character" posts makes very much sense either, because very little of the current posting is typed out from that perspective, and it mostly belongs in the game, rather than the forums. Calling it a board for factions or organisations seems more distinctive, but I would be wary of of stickying that sort of thread or having people moderate them more restrictively than the current main board, to avoid dragging the overall mod down with personality conflicts and elitist traditionalism (as I have experienced in other projects, not related to M&B). The mod is designed to be a dynamic world that changes according to people playing the game, not a static environment tightly controlled by people posting on the forums or other communication methods, with major occurrences preplanned a long time before then acted out by administrator force; there are plenty of other projects out there with that style, and I have no interest in making yet another one - people can choose to host servers working that way, but the overall mod will not be bound to them.

If people can bring forward specific suggestions that would keep a possible additional mod board fairly neutral, judged by simple, understandable rules and distinctions, we can discuss this further.

Back
Top Bottom