Stuttering when entering battles in singleplayer!

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been experiencing stutters and fps-drops, even though I lowered the graphics and audio to a bare minimum. This is the first time I experience Sudden drops of the fps, I play Odyssey at medium without stutters locked on 60fps and the same goes for games like Forza Horizon 4, The Witcher 3 etc. Although what’s more absurd is that during the closed Beta there wasn’t any sign of stuttering, I played medium during the whole beta with the fps between 45-60 it wasn’t noticeable but there were some drops. I just want to know if this is only happening to me. (This is mainly during battles it doesn’t matter if it’s a large battle or small battle, they all stutter.)

Specs
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050ti 4gb
CPU: i5 3470 3.2GHz
RAM: 8gb ddr3
HDD: 500gb (with 250gb used)

Do you get the same kind of FPS drop if you enter a village/town/keep? If not, then it might be your CPU bottlenecking the frame rate in battles.

I have almost no issues with FPS drops whatsoever.

yes, I do and I’m not the only one apparently.

What I don’t understand is why this suddenly happened, one day before playing campaign I had played Beta and it runned without any problems, no fps drops or other significant stutters. This needs a fix. Also I have checked my CPU via Process Lasso during campaign and it doesn’t seem to be performing over its capacity.

Thanks for your response!

It’s your RAM. 8GB of DDR3 (despite what the system requirements say) isn’t enough for the current state of the game. Maybe once they fix the memory leaking but right now, it’s just not enough.

I had the same thing going on. Beta and custom battles worked fine but campaign was lagging even in 1on1 fights. Today I went and upgraded to 32GB of ram and it runs great now.

I monitored my ram usage and playing campaign im constantly using between 7-9GB of RAM.

I have 16Gb of RAM and battles are barely playable for me, not sure it's the problem there. A dev told me it's probably a CPU problem, they're working on that. In the meantime, the only thing to do is wait.

I'm already at Very High for Texture Streaming Budget. I tried various overall quality presets too, it doesn't change anything, so I don't think GPU is the problem. Thing is, my CPU is never at 100%, neither is my RAM.

Yeah, I can fully understand that campaign map can eat a lot of memory and CPU but entering the scenes, especially cities are not optimized. It takes a looong to open it. Seems that there's some long running process in the background for sure and 8GBs od RAM is not helping me at all. If it's exceeded and starts to write to disk, then the performance is really low. I wonder what is stored in memory or processed when entering scenes?

I have almost same PC and same problems as OP. I also played beta with no problems on the PC performance end. I was regretting not buying something more powerful but now I don't because it seems unclear why it performs so poorly and what would even be the upgrade. I'm trying not to be too harsh since it's EA and only day 2, but it's very disappointing. I bought this PC because it was above the requirements for Bannerlord, I would have got something else if the posted requirements were higher . I'm really at a loss to understand even why most things are demanding at all. There's literally nothing happening of any interest but it takes so ****ing long to load just to talk to an npc for 2 seconds. The loading is like 4X longer then the battles. I hope this improves but I would also hope to just cut out the scene loading for NPC/bandit dialogue all together. There absolutely nothing interesting about seeing some npc's model when I give his ****ing leather strips so I'd rather not waste time loading it. Same with the before and after for battles. I'm going to attack, I'm going to take all, I don't need to camp for additional loading (loading what?) sessions constantly.

I have a geforce 1660 gpu and amd ryzen 5 2600 cpu with 8 gigs of ram. my “optimized” settings are apparently everything maxed out. however, every time i enter any size battle or village i get random FPS drops too :sad:

CPU : Intel Core i5-4690
RAM : 16Go DDR3
GPU : Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Well it seems muuuuuuch better since yesterday's patch for me. Nice job devs.
I have same CPU and GPU as you but 8Gb of ram. Even after said patch I experience 2 minutes long loading screens, on average and stuttering right before AI clashes in combat. I also have occasional stutters which I think happen when new objects are loading.

Can you share your exact settings?

There's still some stuttering when objects are loading but overall I can finally fight in battle almost properly. I'm on Very High in the Overall settings. Maybe the 8Gb of RAM are still a problem in the current state of development. You can try checking your RAM consumption in the performance tab of the windows task manager during play. (ctrl+shift+escape)

The problem is probably the memory leaks, in some cases people with 16gb ram experience serious stutters and fps drops and be aware that it’s stil EA so this problem will surely be fixed.

The problem is probably the memory leaks, in some cases people with 16gb ram experience serious stutters and fps drops and be aware that it’s stil EA so this problem will surely be fixed.
I had played SP for 5 hours today and even after that time RAM usage didn't exceed 7 Gb on my PC. Stutters were happening nonetheless. So I dunno if memory leaks are the only reason for performance issues.

EDIT:
I also noticed disc usage on my PC was 100% almost all the time during my session.

Last edited:
I had played SP for 5 hours today and even after that time RAM usage didn't exceed 7 Gb on my PC. Stutters were happening nonetheless. So I dunno if memory leaks are the only reason for performance issues.

EDIT:
I also noticed disc usage on my PC was 100% almost all the time during my session.
Disc usage is probably 100% because youre out of ram and onto virtual memory.

Still getting stutter in battles w/ 4690k OC'd to 4.4GHz, 16gb RAM, GTX 1080, stutter happens particularly when hitting/getting hit, it's quick but super frequent. Crow Waterlow posting in the Lag and Load times thread above that they have a 9900ks, 32gb RAM, 2080 TI and getting stutter in combat that sounds similar to mine

- running on a mix of low/medium with textures/shaders on high,
- using task manager to set priority to high, nothing running in background, turned off steam store/web helper
- did the audio tweaks both in game and on my sound drivers, using regular headphones/no soundcard, audio enhancements all off and lower bitrate audio just in case
- texture streaming set to very high
- page file set to max

Back
Top Bottom