Need More Info Stuttering lag - I've tried everything, turning to the community for help

Users who are viewing this thread

Teknoviking

Recruit
Apologies as I'm sure this has been reported multiple times. I think my machine should be able to handle this game, but I dunno. My specs.

Alienware 15 R4 Laptop
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (8GB GDDR5)
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4, 2400 MHz.
I've watched multiple videos, and made numerous tweaks to graphics settings inside and outside of the game. Nothing I do seems to help. I can't get through combat without terrible lag.

My campaign map also lags pretty bad

What am I doing wrong? Or is my machine already out of date? Or is this just early access woes?

Thanks for any advice.

Are you running it on an HDD?
Sorry for your inconvenience. Is the lag different in battles opened from Custom Battle vs Campaign? Also, can you upload a video of a gameplay with spikes? Are the spikes random or do you experience them after certain things like attacking, killing, dying etc? Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your inconvenience. Is the lag different in battles opened from Custom Battle vs Campaign? Also, can you upload a video of a gameplay with spikes? Are the spikes random or do you experience them after certain things like attacking, killing, dying etc? Thanks in advance.
In my case the microstutters take place when i hit someone..it is accompanied by texture reloading and as soon as battle finishes(enemy units retreat) fps stay consistent. The game delivers 60 fos consitently but the microstutters kill the experience. I use hdd with 8 gb ram. Sometimes it is also accompanied with delay in sounds.
Hope this much information is enough to help, i will also record one session and send it to you with the spike in hdd activity.

In my case the microstutters take place when i hit someone..it is accompanied by texture reloading and as soon as battle finishes(enemy units retreat) fps stay consistent. The game delivers 60 fos consitently but the microstutters kill the experience. I use hdd with 8 gb ram. Sometimes it is also accompanied with delay in sounds.
Hope this much information is enough to help, i will also record one session and send it to you with the spike in hdd activity.
Thanks a lot. Are you using Exclusive Fullscreen or Borderless? If it is Borderless, can you try changing it to Exclusive Fullscreen ?

Yeah I use fullscreen. My stutter starts right at the beginning for a few seconds and then starts again as I push my character into contact. Seems to freeze for a second right before I try to hit something but there's random freezes all over the place.

I've turned to fullscreen as I was doing borderless before. I've recorded both situations with RTSS monitoring in the corner showing the frametime and usage of CPU, GPU and RAM, the settings that I am using can be seen in the first video, or the custom battle.

The worst freezes always seem to take place when hitting an enemy unit, then they kind of stop happening over time.

My components are as follows:

I7-2600K OC'd to 4.1 ghz.
GTX 1660.
8 GB DDR3.
Game's on an HDD.

Last edited:
ı know your problem brother you should turn off debug messsages like when you hit an enemy or when you get hitted. İf you have mods with debug messages turn them off too

Iam having the same issue and I had make a thread about it but non of devlopers payed attention
Same stutters but also for me I also have sound stutters ,and tried turning off debug messages ..etc,but that didn't do anything

Also stutters and lag - world map and occasionally in battle when loading in objects or a lot is happening on the screen. I only have 8mb ram, which it seems is probably an issue, but I hope TW can improve performance for 8mb ram systems as otherwise I should be fine I think.

i7-8750H 4.1
Nvidia GeForce GTX1050Ti
8GB DDR4 memory
SSD drive

If you don't mind playing the game more beautifully, and more stable @ 1920x1080, 30 fps, you should be able to achive that with your specs on max game settings (mostly).

For mine, with the rest at max settings, except for the followings:
  • turned off "motion blur",
  • zero corpses,
  • 200 troops,
  • V-sync off,
  • frame limit to 30.
The following is my system specs similar to yours:
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX1060, 6GB VRAM
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ
  • RAM: 8GB, DDR4
  • Motherboard: P65xHP (laptop)
  • Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB HDD / 120GB SSD (this is where the game is installed)

If you don't mind playing the game more beautifully, and more stable @ 1920x1080, 30 fps, you should be able to achive that with your specs on max game settings (mostly).

For mine, with the rest at max settings, except for the followings:
  • turned off "motion blur",
  • zero corpses,
  • 200 troops,
  • V-sync off,
  • frame limit to 30.
The following is my system specs similar to yours:
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX1060, 6GB VRAM
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ
  • RAM: 8GB, DDR4
  • Motherboard: P65xHP (laptop)
  • Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB HDD / 120GB SSD (this is where the game is installed)
The problem is i can hit 60 fps constantly but the game stutters when i hit someone or when infantry lines clash and once the battle is finished ie enemies start retreating there is no stuttering.

Try nvidia control panel to see if it's that too reset all default and let the apllications decide the best for you has option.
I have an i7 6700k gtx 1080 16 gb, i put my frame limit to 60 v-sync full on a benq bl 24 10 pt monitor, all is very high expect film grain and bloom. 800 soldiers corpse high and smaa is the third choice not max. No stutter and in siege i had encounter a lot of stutter when i give order to charge with two groups with different formation ex infantery in shield wall and archers in scatter everebody walk and max stutter until had say everybody same formation. Sorry for my english

So my general question on the table is this seems to be a pretty common issue. My machine seems to meet all the specs. Sooooooo (and this is a message for the Taleworlds people). Is this something that's on your radar? Is it something that can even be fixed? Do we all need super computers?

So my general question on the table is this seems to be a pretty common issue. My machine seems to meet all the specs. Sooooooo (and this is a message for the Taleworlds people). Is this something that's on your radar? Is it something that can even be fixed? Do we all need super computers?
Hi, if you have available bandwidth to download it, can you check the new beta branch? There are lots of performance improvements in it ranging from HDD spike fixes and CPU spike fixes which can eliminate those spikes that you are having? Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom