Resolved Stuttering /FPS Drops

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded
Summary: Since the last Patch i have randomly fps drops to 100 (normaly i have 180+) and the game is stuttering really hart so its looks like I have 30 fps or lower. I Tried to change Graphic settings and Resolution. I noticed on xauna that the Occlusion Rendering was really slow, Stones and little details were slow at loading into my screen and even Big stoneheaps (On Flag C) were not visible for 1-2 seconds. If i restart my game theres a 50/50 chance it will occur directly or i can play for a few minutes with normal FPS then it drops again. Verify files did not help
How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related): Xauna (the most problems but every map has the Problems)
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce 3080 Suprim X
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM: 32GB.GSkill Trident DDR4
Motherboard: ROG STRIX X570-E Gaming
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB Samsung EVO 970 m2

We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

I tried the Perf_test but nothing happend while using this. I tested the Mainbranche SP and MP and it's only in MP.

edit: MP Perf_test seems not working. it chrashes after the intro

Edit2: now my fps drops below 10 sometimes, even if I wait too long at lobby

Last edited:
i can launch it only in SP, MP is not working im chrashing everytime after the Intro. And im not able to send a chrash report after it. If im pressing yes the window only close and i cant upload it

Can you try this?

Crash after the TaleWorlds Intro Video​

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

With this my game was not starting anymore at all, I had to verify the files to start it again. After 2 days my fps went to normal without updating any of my files, if it occurs again I try to do a recording

Back
Top Bottom