Sturigans is more weak after update?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the Norths map layout needs to be changed. Every time I've played them as compared to my Battania runs the stand out issue is the distance between recruitment points. Aseria have a similar issue.

I think much of the map needs to be rethought if they intend for every power to be in competition for the largest power roll. I'd like who takes power to be more unpredictable, right now it's generally the same 2-3.

I agree. The North and South really need changing. The south needs to be closer, unless they add ship travel, and the North needs a total overhaul. Getting from the eastern side of Sturgia to the Western side is just awful. Personally I think making it more of a Tundra then mountainous region would really help. Kind of like how it was in Warband. You had mountains that separated Vaigers and Kerghits but it was mostly flat plain after the mountains.

In my 1.4.1 playthrough Sturgya is still weak, Chuck Norris still plays for the Khuzait, masquarading as Hurunag...

They can change the auto calc, troops equipment and stats all they want. The main issue is geography. Notice how the factions that are spread across the map are the ones who always lose.
Maybe if they randomised starting wars too, we may get different games.

except for the khuzaits... they don`t lose even though they`re spread just as worse. Thing is, they start at war with Northern Empire and always trash them.
But in a few instances when the Aserai started a war on them, I`ve actually seen the aserai win in the beginning. But only then, as soon as khuzaits move their armies in the region, good bye aserai.

Obviously, but it`s the same as the aserai,both factions have very little forest patches in their lands, so movement is pretty straightforward,
both factions have a lot of horsemen in their armies (khuzaits decidedly way more). Problem is when you compare what happens in game with these 2 somewhat similar factions, you get very different results, even though khuzaits border 3 factions and the aserai only 2.

I agree. The North and South really need changing. The south needs to be closer, unless they add ship travel, and the North needs a total overhaul. Getting from the eastern side of Sturgia to the Western side is just awful. Personally I think making it more of a Tundra then mountainous region would really help. Kind of like how it was in Warband. You had mountains that separated Vaigers and Kerghits but it was mostly flat plain after the mountains.

Ya, every time they get attacked on one side or another it's painful. I imagine many sieges were won simply because Sturgia/Aseria were in transit. That and recruitment is like death from a thousand cuts. Tons of little problems adding up to faction wide problems.

That'd be a huge map rework if they decided on it.

They can change the auto calc, troops equipment and stats all they want. The main issue is geography. Notice how the factions that are spread across the map are the ones who always lose.
Maybe if they randomised starting wars too, we may get different games.

I agree with that. The secondary problems autocal/economy exaggerating their geographical problems. Really I don't believe a solution is possible without a map rework. Maybe they are more creative then me and have something different in mind for a long term solution.

except for the khuzaits... they don`t lose even though they`re spread just as worse. Thing is, they start at war with Northern Empire and always trash them.
But in a few instances when the Aserai started a war on them, I`ve actually seen the aserai win in the beginning. But only then, as soon as khuzaits move their armies in the region, good bye aserai.

They really are strange. They lose countless caravans and villagers to their hyper aggressive Steppe bandits and it seems to have no impact on their growth or power. Distance doesn't matter as much if you have tons of cav and their culture bonus.

Something is going on with the Khuzaits game mechanics we don't understand.

They really are strange. They lose countless caravans and villagers to their hyper aggressive Steppe bandits and it seems to have no impact on their growth or power. Distance doesn't matter as much if you have tons of cav and their culture bonus.

Because the income of lords depends in large part on loot, which gets converted directly into gold for the AI. The actual status of their holdings doesn't matter nearly as much.

Because the income of lords depends in large part on loot, which gets converted directly into gold for the AI. The actual status of their holdings doesn't matter nearly as much.

Wow that's useful. I guess since they seem to be winning most of the time it explains why they are loaded despite the problems.

Thanks for the info.

Just anecdotal for now - so wondering if more people have seen this: I (think I) noticed that Sturgia (and probably other kingdoms as well) is (are) doing better depending on which kingdom decisions they take. If they only have Trial by Jury they appear to be lower on influence and their armies disband faster. I've seen Sturgia with just this decision in almost all playthroughs they get steamrolled, without it (or with other decisions) they appear to be doing better.

That said, I'm just adding this to the discussion, not saying this is the one and only issue - nor do I say it's the most important one.

Just anecdotal for now - so wondering if more people have seen this: I (think I) noticed that Sturgia (and probably other kingdoms as well) is (are) doing better depending on which kingdom decisions they take. If they only have Trial by Jury they appear to be lower on influence and their armies disband faster. I've seen Sturgia with just this decision in almost all playthroughs they get steamrolled, without it (or with other decisions) they appear to be doing better.

That said, I'm just adding this to the discussion, not saying this is the one and only issue - nor do I say it's the most important one.
Well, I was a merc on their service, not anymore, so I don't have any opportunity to look through their policies now. But if my memory doesn't fail me, they hadn't "Trial by Jury" policy.

Just for lulz started clean 1.4.1 campaign and waited for 100 days.

Business as usual:

Sturgia lost Revyl and Varcheg already.
Amprela taken by Khuzaites
Lageta taken by Battanians

Will wait another 100 days.

By day 200 nothing really changed on the map, Sturgians lost and took back Omor and Balgard at least two times. Amprela changed hands 4 times, but still in Kuhuzaits hands. Western empire lost Jalmarys to Battanians, Southern Empire lost Danustica to Aserai.

Looks like no real snowballing happening in my test run, but Sturgians suck as they always do.

By day 200 nothing really changed on the map, Sturgians lost and took back Omor and Balgard at least two times. Amprela changed hands 4 times, but still in Kuhuzaits hands. Western empire lost Jalmarys to Battanians, Southern Empire lost Danustica to Aserai.

Looks like no real snowballing happening in my test run, but Sturgians suck as they always do.
You're a lucky fellow. Are you playing with mods or just vanilla? Cause in my playthrough (started a new game as soon as I moved to the 1.4.1 beta) Northern and Western Empire were destroyed in about 150 days (Southern Empire and Khuzaits shared their settlements among each other), Sturgia is at the brink of extinction having only 1 town (Sibir) left in their possession, Battanians have 2 towns and about 3 castles left. Vlandians and Khuzaits are the most powerful empires, having ~25k men both, Southern Empire will more likely join Western and Northern one. Aserai seems to be a bit more cautious, but it has already took a few Southern Empire towns. All this happened when I was peacefully trading goods taking no part in any war.

Looks like that this playtghrough will end very quickly.

You're a lucky fellow. Are you playing with mods or just vanilla? Cause in my playthrough (started a new game as soon as I moved to the 1.4.1 beta) Northern and Western Empire were destroyed in about 150 days (Southern Empire and Khuzaits shared their settlements among each other), Sturgia is at the brink of extinction having only 1 town (Sibir) left in their possession, Battanians have 2 towns and about 3 castles left. Vlandians and Khuzaits are the most powerful empires, having ~25k men both, Southern Empire will more likely join Western and Northern one. Aserai seems to be a bit more cautious, but it has already took a few Southern Empire towns. All this happened when a was peacefully trading goods taking no part in any war.

Looks like that this playtghrough will end very quickly.

Clean 1.4.1 game, no mods.

Back
Top Bottom