SP - Economy Sturgian snow shoes, sled dogs, and horse production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
Sturgia needs a specialty economy. They are too out of the way not to have something that attracts outside trade. There is really no reason for other factions to bring trade there, and they aren't MAJOR producers of really anything. They have cows but their looter issues make it difficult for villagers to consistently replenish those supplies to a point that you get really good deals on cheese, butter and livestock.

Snow shoes would essentially work like horses in that if you have 1 pair for each unit on foot in your party you incur that much less snow penalty. They would not work in conjunction with horses, of course.

Sled dogs would be the Sturgian pack animal. Maybe they carry half the inventory of a mule, but they give you a speed bonus in snow. Their villagers and caravans should prefer to use them.

Sturgia has 2 horse breeds but zero villages that produce them. I think adding 2 or 3 villages that produce Sturgian trotters, in the Balgrad/Sibir/Varnova region would do a lot of good. Furthermore I think Sturgian specific breeds should reduce snow penalty, but perhaps be a little slower on regular land.

This will basically make them snow gods and give them the type of strategic advantage to make them a competitive faction economically. In turn I think a better economy for them would mean stronger parties, and less getting steam rolled every game.

I generally agree. Also maybe add Amber, which historically was noted to Eastern and Northern Europe. And was hugely sought after in Royal courts. Actually maybe also make a possible quest for Nobles the buying of either Amber, Spice, and or Silk. All Rare.

I generally agree. Also maybe add Amber, which historically was noted to Eastern and Northern Europe. And was hugely sought after in Royal courts. Actually maybe also make a possible quest for Nobles the buying of either Amber, Spice, and or Silk. All Rare.

They also need to create more natural needs for these things. Like you have all these products that nobody seems to use in any way. I've sat and watched markets to see if anyone is ever buying clothes or weapons and it's minimal at best. I'm all for adding new resources but they gotta make the economy actually work around them first. Food is like the only actual product with a full economic cycle to it, as well as the resources that are used in workshops...but then the products the workshops create just sit in markets and do nothing.

They also need to create more natural needs for these things. Like you have all these products that nobody seems to use in any way. I've sat and watched markets to see if anyone is ever buying clothes or weapons and it's minimal at best. I'm all for adding new resources but they gotta make the economy actually work around them first. Food is like the only actual product with a full economic cycle to it, as well as the resources that are used in workshops...but then the products the workshops create just sit in markets and do nothing.
To add to this. Perhaps ivory should be added as a rare resource. Which also would obviously be sought by high nobility and royalty. Also make it something of Valandia and Sturgia.

Back
Top Bottom