Users who are viewing this thread

burh321

Recruit
So this is kinda minor, but i still think it helps in making the factions stand out from each other. Basically just dismount the sturgian nobles so that they travel the map on foot. Also get rid of their bow and give them throwing weapons instead. This would play into them being based around their heavy infantry just like the battanians are based around archers and they have their lords reflect that in that they travel the world as archers, and fight battles as archers. I just feel like its repetitive to have every single non-battanian lord fight on horseback, even if the faction isnt heavy on the horses. And for the sturgians who usually dont have many horses it happens that the lords just charge into the enemy alone while their 500 sturgian recruits are miles behind. I just feel like the sturgians should be mostly focused on heavy infantry, and in that case i feel like the lords also should be heavy infantry. It would also make sense for the sturgian noble line to be a very elite infantry unit instead of a cavalry unit. And while were at it, i also wonder why the battanians are the ones carrying all that heavy fur when really it should be the sturgians that carry heavy and warm fur clothing. I feel like the battanians should focus more on camouflage like cloaks and such. And another suggestion is that as the game goes on and lords earn more money, they invest that into better armour for themselves. That would make it less repetitive to see the exact same people look the same all the time.

I understand that minor things like this might not be a priority right now but its worth a shot. Keep up the good work.

I like the suggestions. My hope is that factions will stand out more, and this would help with that in a logical way.

Oh view from game experience I understand but Sturgia as faction is inspired by historically real Kievan Rus where Nordic and Slavic traditions combined where heavy infatry was Nordic part, but cavalry (was too dependant on wealth of elites so to (much) lesser degree in comparison to wealthy Mediteranian world) and foot archery especially was only good answer against always dangerous steppe nomads able to appear anytime.

For historical sake I would give druzhiniks also bows besides great axe like their nobles. Kievan Rus also very quickly learned from Byzantines their ways not just by fighting them and that was a plenty but also serving as mercs for them. It was not just Nords and English it was normal for Slavic elites too to fight for them to get rich and famous at home. Right now Aserai is much more close to Kievan Rus´s roster what it might be from historical point of view besides early infantry where Aserai was "famous" for being bad but had much larger pool for strong cavalry where Sturgia ofc should be weaker but heaving better early infantry.
Main characteristic - Flexible faction being able to be light or heavy (you can check how Rus usually deployed lighter units against heavy Teutons or opposite heavy units against lighter nomads) but it is all dependant on wealth and that is problem with Sturgia or even with whole game. Upgrading units is dependant on their experience exclusively most of the time player has no problem to have money for their gear upgrade but horses though AI has no such problem ofc. I hope with time we can get more mechanics dependant on wealth than on exp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom