SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

Users who are viewing this thread

my problem is, if they are some kind of north / viking faction, giving them more villages doesn't make much sense lore-wise. the land should be pretty hard to farm and get resources from. Their main resources should be from raiding nearby kingdom hence make their mobility more effective and their defense more based on their environment (make the mobility of other faction in their land harder/ less sustainable to their troops). but ofc, just changing mobility won't cut it with the current ai, it needs to be change as well to make them more effective raiders. anyway, that s my thought about it. I think giving them more villages would make them more like other kingdom and it would harm the diversity of the world. I might be wrong...

They’re not Vikings, they’re Slavs. And being mired in an ocean of snowy land between the Mongols to the east and the Byzantines to the south is a pretty dead on depiction. As is their lack of equipment.
That’s the real reason everyone dislikes the faction, they’re just not Vikings. I use Sturgian troops exclusively for infantry because they have big ass shields and can level into shock infantry quickly.
How they do 1v1 or 5v5 and making abstracts if their armor is kind of irrelevant, it’s how you use them and what tactics you use that matters. Infantry is really just supposed to hold the line. If you want horse archers go get some from the Khuzait. I don’t actually understand the point of arguing if a faction “sucks”

I do think they should get an autocalc defensive bonus when getting sieged, though. Just to balance out the cav bonus the Khuzait get.

Sturgia suffers from the lack of ships. They have port towns, long coastline, their territory is broken up by water body. Realistically, they would need a strong naval tradition for fishing, trading and transport, to make up for the unfavourable condition of their land, but we have none of that in Bannerlord. The port towns themselves should have the capacity to send out fishermen and trading ships to increase their food and prosperity, otherwise the ports are just useless window dressing. Naval combat is not necessary for that.

I haven't played in a while but I remember that Sturgia doesn't have much grain production. Grain simply worth way more than anything else. Sturgia's specialty like fish and fur are pretty much worthless, so they stay perpetually poor in my game. They need to balance that too.

Totally agree with everything here. Nords were my fav faction in Warband and i was shocked when i played with sturgians about how weak they were. Their infantries need buffs for sure. More axes, more shields, more javelins, more stats overall so my sturgian warriors don't get steamrolled by imperial recruits.

They’re not Vikings, they’re Slavs. And being mired in an ocean of snowy land between the Mongols to the east and the Byzantines to the south is a pretty dead on depiction. As is their lack of equipment.
That’s the real reason everyone dislikes the faction, they’re just not Vikings. I use Sturgian troops exclusively for infantry because they have big ass shields and can level into shock infantry quickly.
How they do 1v1 or 5v5 and making abstracts if their armor is kind of irrelevant, it’s how you use them and what tactics you use that matters. Infantry is really just supposed to hold the line. If you want horse archers go get some from the Khuzait. I don’t actually understand the point of arguing if a faction “sucks”

I do think they should get an autocalc defensive bonus when getting sieged, though. Just to balance out the cav bonus the Khuzait get.
I am pretty sure they are mix between two cultures we can see in real life history. There are units that resemble Danish culture and there are units that resemble Slav culture. But they surely need a buff that is a fact.

Not because only how it performs in your hands but AI will loose most auto battles therefor Sturgia will always wipe out early.

Totally agree with everything here. Nords were my fav faction in Warband and i was shocked when i played with sturgians about how weak they were. Their infantries need buffs for sure. More axes, more shields, more javelins, more stats overall so my sturgian warriors don't get steamrolled by imperial recruits.

Not sure what youre saying

This is old. Sturgia's incompetence had nothing to do with its troops and everything to do with how the odds were stacked against them campaign wise.

I repeat: autocalc does not give a sh*t about skills or armour. Only tier, mount and whether they are a hero or not. Shirtless ulfhednar didn't mean anything in the greater scheme of things.

Sturgian infantry are some of the strongest in the game and shouldn't be losing to Imperial recruits in 1.5.2 or 1.5.3.

Sturgian infantry are some of the strongest in the game and shouldn't be losing to Imperial recruits in 1.5.2 or 1.5.3.
On realistic difficulty, anything below shock troops and veteran warriors looses pretty much most infantry engagemetns atm. Not counting in berserkers because they always die to archers before even they can engage in melee.

That is ofc my own experiance with sturgia and i am talking about big battles like +500 units at least. For some reason i could always feel how disadvantaged i was in every big battle. Unlike when i played around with other factions and units. I did not have this "feeling" of weakness in my army then.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom