SP - General Sturgia should have hide and fur-lined armours

Users who are viewing this thread

From the encyclopedia thing in-game...

"The Sturgian forests are forbidding and cold, but great wealth lies within. Wild honey can be found, and bog iron, but the real prize has always been fur. For centuries, brave traders ventured there to buy the pelts of fox, rabbit and ermine from the tribes of the woods. As the empire expanded eastward, that trickle of traders became a flood. Great towns sprung up on the rivers. Fortune-seekers came from the coast, from the steppes, and most of all from the Nordlands. Tribal elders made alliances with the newcomers, sealed by wedding vows, and with their share of the trading profits hired mercenaries to subdue other tribes. Sturgia became a collection of principalities, then a kingdom, the great powerhouse of the north."

Why does the land where the fur trade is supposed to be the source of their wealth have no fur? Why is this the case in Battania and not Sturgia? How are people in Sturgia keeping warm without furs especially considering there's snow all year round in Sturgia (which btw isn't the case in the real world anywhere south of the arctic circle)?

I feel like it would make a great deal of sense, even if you just took the fur models from Battania and added 'northern bear... northern wolf... etc" to it that would be fine.

Why does the land where the fur trade is supposed to be the source of their wealth have no fur? Why is this the case in Battania and not Sturgia? How are people in Sturgia keeping warm without furs especially considering there's snow all year round in Sturgia (which btw isn't the case in the real world anywhere south of the arctic circle)?

I feel like it would make a great deal of sense, even if you just took the fur models from Battania and added 'northern bear... northern wolf... etc" to it that would be fine.
yeah, I agree but then again you need to remember that items are not complete, they have been adding new stuff each patch, it is indeed odd, but the key issue for Sturgia's still the lack of food, they have famine 90% of the time, and the longer a playthrough gets the worse the effects. The best strategy if I were to take control of Ragnvald (currently I mean), would be to rush capture all northern empire fiefs except for the 2 towns around the lake (those 2 suck for food too). That'd be the best way to ensure survival on the long-run. Still, even if the AI does something like that, Ragnvald would act like a retard and grab most fiefs, losing vassals and getting PWNEd anyway.

They have three fur villages at the game start, two north of Omor and another in the east, somewhat near Tyal.

In the historical context, there is little evidence that "vikings" (viking wasn't a culture or people but rather and activity/event) wore leather and fur armors. Furs make sense in the cold, but typically they wore tunics, chainmail, helmets, and bracers. If you were to wear fur with your armor, you'd want to wear it underneath the armor where it would actually keep you warm, not the outside. You might see the fur protruding out of the neck, wrists, and other openings or gaps in the armor. But wearing a bear skin over the outside of your armor wasn't commonplace.

But whatever, its a game. It would look cool as hell.

I think all those bear pelts that Battania tends to have does well enough. I'd rather see those moved to Sturgia instead, while Battania get more choices for linen, tartan and some actual torcs.

Maybe some woad while we're at it.

I'd rather see some faction colored thick woolen cape, maybe just a reskin of battania civil cape. Also more tunics and gambeson instead of leather (and gambeson stats need to be buffed to above leather).

Back
Top Bottom