Stupid AI control archer

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncle Khai

Recruit
I have just finished a fight 1k vs 1k khuzait vs aserai ! There nothing to say until the stupid AI khuzait charge 400 archer melee vs infantry aserai! And of course I lose that battle! The thing make me angry is we stand on hill, they below! No idea for what reason charge! And I swear I will never join any fight with any battle AI kingdom control! So annoy and frustrating

If the AI has anywhere close to even numbers it always charges from what I can tell- and even if it is outnumbered it charges more often than not.

If the AI has anywhere close to even numbers it always charges from what I can tell- and even if it is outnumbered it charges more often than not.
It depends on the party/army leader: to do anything but charge, they need a certain amount in the Tactics skill.

Never join an AI army but sometimes its good to fight with them and use them as a meat shield when your party lacks the numbers to take out bigger armies. But it's only worth it if you know you'll get the lions share of kills.

100 Tactics, IIRC.
are there a lot of nobles with a lower tactics skill? i haven't checked.
if there are, an easy fix would be to up te tactics skill of most nobles. You would expect most nobles would have at least received some militairy education. I would shoot for 60% of the nobles having a moderate skill, 20%high skill and 20% low skill.

In an army, who's tactics skill is being used? the army leaders or of the noble with the highest tactics skill in the army?

are there a lot of nobles with a lower tactics skill? i haven't checked.
if there are, an easy fix would be to up te tactics skill of most nobles. You would expect most nobles would have at least received some militairy education. I would shoot for 60% of the nobles having a moderate skill, 20%high skill and 20% low skill.
Yeah, the majority of nobles have less than 100 Tactics. Almost all the women and some of the men as well.
In an army, who's tactics skill is being used? the army leaders or of the noble with the highest tactics skill in the army?
The army commander.

Yeah, the majority of nobles have less than 100 Tactics. Almost all the women and some of the men as well.

The army commander.
The first part seems like an easy fix. There is no point in coding complex ai strategies if only a handful of nobles are able to trigger it.

the 2nd part is more debatable, on the one hand it simulates the fact that the army leader has ultimate power. But a good leader also sees the value of good advice.

I personally would like to see both parts changed, but if 80% of the nobles have higher than 100 points in tactics, this should already lead to better performance.

The first part seems like an easy fix. There is no point in coding complex ai strategies if only a handful of nobles are able to trigger it.

the 2nd part is more debatable, on the one hand it simulates the fact that the army leader has ultimate power. But a good leader also sees the value of good advice.

I personally would like to see both parts changed, but if 80% of the nobles have higher than 100 points in tactics, this should already lead to better performance.
Just so I'm clear, the majority of the "combat" nobles have over 100 Tactics. The issue is that "civilian" nobles don't but still lead parties if there aren't any available combat nobles to do the job.

I never saw a sensible AI behavior in battles where they had equal or slightly more numbers but worse troops. I cannot have fought only under army leaders with less than 100 tactics.

Not joining such battles is not the correct answer for me, especially as mercenary. The mercenary time is more or less all about doing your own interests. However hardly anybody would employ such a group which joins and leaves battles to their delight. There should be a penalty for not helping "your" faction.

On the other hand being a victim of the stupid AI is a torture. In my opinion it should be possible to take over command in battles with the player involved. I'm waiting for such a mod.

Back
Top Bottom