In Progress Stuck on Brightness Calibration Screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Someone said that if they press the combination of Win+Alt+M solves the issue. I am bit sceptical but can anyone confirm it?

No, this method did not solve the problem.

I have a Virtual Machine from Azure and also use Parsec to play Bannerlord. However, my mouse is not working too. I can pass the brightness calibration screen by changing the config document but stuck in the menu as the problem goes on.

Dear developers, we need an immediate resolution here, please support the VM Users and the future of course.

We still have this problem. I will use the recommended format in order to be more clear.

Summary: Mouse and Keyboard don't work neither in brightness calibration screen nor in the menu.
How to Reproduce: Every time we open the game.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related): -
Media (Screenshots & Video): Not needed.
Version: e.1.0.9
Computer Specs: Microsoft Azure's Virtual Machine via Parsec
GPU: Tesla M60
CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2690 v3 @2.60 GHz
RAM: 56.0 GB
Motherboard: Virtual Machine
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Different day same problem. It is currently pointless for me to even attempt to play this game in it's current state.

Only "workaround" I've found through parsec is installing input director with hopes of mirroring my mouse which did not work.

but using the parsec screen as a "second monitor" works very well but the only problem is the mouse is not visible. You cant see where you're clicking but at least it works.

There is an option "keep cursor visible when no mouse attached(Win10) that would solve the problem but is greyed out for me.

Hope it works for ya'll

I found a kind of fix.
In your Documents/MB2 Folder, theres a file engine_config.txt which contains an entry "brightness calibrated = 0"
Change that to = 1 and you go straight to the main screen.

Downside is....I cannot get past the loading screen/savegame screen. Same issue as the brightness ?

It's the fact that the game is not supporting the use of remote desktop. We need the developers to patch this so that we will be able to play on our VDIs.

Got the same problem, using parsec, can pass through the brightness settings via config by changing brightness calibrated value to 2, but can't start the game next.
The problem is that I can manage only 1/4 part of screen, hope this will be fixed soon.

I just came back to check on this thread after awhile HOLY there's alot of you cloud gamers out there having the same issue.

For this thread to be well over 800+ views and in the 2nd page and not get any dev feedback is not great.

I recommend getting on twitter on social media and just @ TaleWorldsEntertainment with a link to this thread to get some visibility. Hopefully we can push for a fix sooner rather than later.

Yes this is absolutely ridiculous that we haven't had any developer feedback. I was getting frustrated so I simply uninstalled Bannerlord and will wait for a patch to address this.

I've managed to get past some of the issue with my remote desktop experience.

First, I'm booting the game with these arguments that I got from another thread:
Code:
\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client>Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /anticheat

My remote machine only has a 1080p monitor hooked up to it, while my local machine us using a 4k monitor.
I noticed that the UI was only responding to mouse over in the top left quadrant of my screen, which led me to think it's only getting mouse events in the area of my remote machines local monitor.

So these are the steps I took to get the game to run in 1080p windowed resolution

1. To get past the brightness calibration screen, in engine_config.txt I set:
Code:
brightness_calibrated = 1
2. Boot the game using the above command line.
3. In game main menu go to Options, Video Tab
4. I changed the video setting I changed the display mode to "Windowed" and hit ESC to quit the menu, then force canceled the process.
5. Back in engine_config.txt, I set the resolution to the same as my remote machines local monitor.
Code:
display_width = 1920
display_height = 1080
6. Restarted the game with the above command line arguments, and now when I put the window in the top left of the screen, the mouse works everywhere.

I hope this is helpful to some folks.

Update:
I was able to get into the game and play with this, but the mouse makes it unplayable. The left and right mouse movement is crazy fast, even with sensitivity set to 0.06. And the vertical mouse doesn't function in a noticeable way, so I'm always looking at either the ground, or the sky.

Last edited:
I've managed to get past some of the issue with my remote desktop experience.

First, I'm booting the game with these arguments that I got from another thread:
Code:
\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client>Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /anticheat

My remote machine only has a 1080p monitor hooked up to it, while my local machine us using a 4k monitor.
I noticed that the UI was only responding to mouse over in the top left quadrant of my screen, which led me to think it's only getting mouse events in the area of my remote machines local monitor.

So these are the steps I took to get the game to run in 1080p windowed resolution

1. To get past the brightness calibration screen, in engine_config.txt I set:
Code:
brightness_calibrated = 1
2. Boot the game using the above command line.
3. In game main menu go to Options, Video Tab
4. I changed the video setting I changed the display mode to "Windowed" and hit ESC to quit the menu, then force canceled the process.
5. Back in engine_config.txt, I set the resolution to the same as my remote machines local monitor.
Code:
display_width = 1920
display_height = 1080
6. Restarted the game with the above command line arguments, and now when I put the window in the top left of the screen, the mouse works everywhere.

I hope this is helpful to some folks.

Update:
I was able to get into the game and play with this, but the mouse makes it unplayable. The left and right mouse movement is crazy fast, even with sensitivity set to 0.06. And the vertical mouse doesn't function in a noticeable way, so I'm always looking at either the ground, or the sky.
Wow, that's really worked for me, but the problem is that I was forced to set width and height twice less(960x540) as my remote PC has 1920x1080 resolution. And 960x540 is just unplayable :c
So, looking for more nice solution.

Last edited:
Still silence. Maybe developers can't reproduce the bug?

Then I will describe it step by step

1. Use any program that give access to remote computer(Parsec, RainWay, TeamViewer etc.)
2. Connect to remote computer via any of programs, mentioned above
3. Try to first launch the Bannerlords
4. Try to setup brightness
5. Whoa, you can't do it, you reproduced the bug

Actually the problem is that you can manage only 1/4 part of screen(right top)

Hoping the developers address this issue for remote desktop users.

Summary: I am using a Shadow PC remote desktop / VDI, I am unable to properly use the mouse. The mouse does not seem to be registering accurately, only usable in the top left corner. Prior to the very first "Hotfix" the mouse was working properly, however since the "Hotfix" I have been unable to play the game.
How to Reproduce: Use a remote desktop.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: e1.2.0
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro P5000
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2667 v3 @ 3.20GHz 3.20GHz
RAM: 12GB
Motherboard: Blade ShadowM
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD 255GB

Back
Top Bottom