Stuck in swinganimation after kick (EU duel)

Have you experienced this yourself?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No,never

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Yes, and not only on the duel server

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I've played quite a bit on the duel server, howeever recently (since the last patch) I've recived a bug where my character freeze in attackmode if you do an attack at the same time as you get kicked. It's not the same stun animation you get normaly,just stuck in the starter sequence of an attack, unable to block or swing for several seconds,(in my POV at least).

I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this.

(Will see if i can reproduce this with video)

I haven't noticed this one for that long, but I do often run into the issue where i'm trading back and forth with an opponent, I go to attack and my attack doesn't release (as though the game things i'm still holding LMB?)

It's one of the most frustrating bugs/issues imo because it totally disrupts the flow of combat and you lose initiative and sometimes you lose a fight because of it.

It seems there's a network prediction model for the WINDUP of the attacks, but the release seems entirely server side. You can see this in action when a server crashes. You can wind up an attack but you can't release the attack. This means if you experience any network turbulence, it can totally throw your inputs off.

Ideally, inputs shouldn't change no matter the network/latency situation (within reason). I.e. I think the client side prediction needs some work.

I go to attack and my attack doesn't release (as though the game things i'm still holding LMB?)

I get this too sometimes, but thought it was just me being uncoordinated. Never had this problem in Warband, and I'm sad to realize that BL's crappy, inconsistent gameplay was basically gaslighting me.

This problem exists for a long time(8 weeks atleast). If you get kicked and then slashed your next attack will not release properly. Always.

Something about the same happens if you successfully stab your opponent and try to do a side swing immediately, it doesn't get stuck but it is super delayed in comparison to a normal swing.

This problem exists for a long time(8 weeks atleast). If you get kicked and then slashed your next attack will not release properly. Always.
As aprikosenmann said, it has been like that always :grin: I don't know why i bothered myself and didn't open the forum topic maybe devs would fix it sooner :grin:

This and it's a terrible bug. This also happens quite randomly a lot of times. It takes a good 1-2 seconds for your character to release a hit which is mostly a (very frustrating and pissing) death sentence. Watching yourself slaugthered because of stupid game mechanics ain't the right way to go.

Glad to see it was not just me that had this issue, was fuming over this in the duel tournament thinking I just a bad connection to the server..
Welll that settles it for me, not gonna touch MP untill some serious changes and work has been put into it.

See you all in a couple of months (?)

I’ve had this issue once or twice in the duel server without getting kicked or slashed. My windups would just lock up and hold randomly.

Back
Top Bottom