Resolved Stuck in dialogue after looters give up without a fight

Users who are viewing this thread

This happened to me twice. I was out with a large army, trying to find groups of looter so complete the "Train soldiers for ..." type quest.

Two times the group of looters gave up without a fight, and this is where the bug occured.

Version: 1.4.3 beta.

To reproduce:

Attack a small group of looters with a large enough army that the looters will give up without a fight, even when you insist on fighting them.

This is what happened to me:
1. Attacked looters
2. Go through the start of the dialogue where the looters plead to join your crew instead of being slaughtered, and insist that they need to pay for their crimes (i.e. fight).
3. When the looters decide to give up, you do not get to see the last part of the dialogue, but instead you are taken directly to the prisoners+loot screens, where you choose what prisoners to take and which loot to grab. This would normally be the final interaction in the looter encounter. But it is not.
4. After this, you end up at the dialogue window with the last part of the dialogue with the looters, where the looters say they give up and please be merciful. This dialogue window should normally have come before the prisoners+loot screens.

Problem is that at point 4, I can't exit the dialogue. Can't click any dialogue option or click on "click to continue", it is just stuck. So I ended up having to kill the game and restart it.

Normal order would be:
1. Attack
2. Choose dialogue options that leads to a battle
3. Looters give up anyways, click to continue
4. Prisoners + Loot screens come up without a fight
5. Finished

Problem is that 4 comes before 3 now, and the UI seems stuck there.

I confirm this is no longer happening in 1.4.3. For my fellow player in here, I had several issues with 1.4.2 saves after switching to 1.4.3...all problems solved by verifying files on steam and defrag my SSD...hope this help :smile:

I confirm this is no longer happening in 1.4.3. For my fellow player in here, I had several issues with 1.4.2 saves after switching to 1.4.3...all problems solved by verifying files on steam and defrag my SSD...hope this help :smile:
I am running e1.4.3.236299 according to the laucher. Couldn't find info about this in the patch notes, but if you say so :smile:
Can you check and update me if this works for you?

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom