SP Medieval Struggle For The Domination

Users who are viewing this thread

molashkre said:
lado9999 said:
hello. I am Lado. I want to admit that this mod is great. but the main thing I personally value in new mods is that  they are close to reality. and i want to say that weapons are not so realistic as i would like them to be.  the sword i saw in screenshots is not Georgian it is called shamshir and was originated in persia. and why isn't there Gorda sword,khevsurian sword, XII-th century straight sword "makhvili", kama, khanjali, satevari, tabari axe or fafaxi and svan hats. You have great research to do if you want to develop new sophisticated mod. there are many things to correct and if you think of my comment as of friendly advise and not a criticism, it would be great. even ilia said: მოყვარეს პირში უძრახე, მტერს პირს უკანაო. if you'll need my help i would be delighted to help you.

Your opinions are acceptable,indeed,they are useful,but I'm done with mount and blade  :razz:

done like, this mod or M&B wholly. actually, never mind it saddens me that it is not worthy to be called the mirror of Georgian history, but at least someone tried to do that so many thanks.

lado9999 said:
molashkre said:
lado9999 said:
hello. I am Lado. I want to admit that this mod is great. but the main thing I personally value in new mods is that  they are close to reality. and i want to say that weapons are not so realistic as i would like them to be.  the sword i saw in screenshots is not Georgian it is called shamshir and was originated in persia. and why isn't there Gorda sword,khevsurian sword, XII-th century straight sword "makhvili", kama, khanjali, satevari, tabari axe or fafaxi and svan hats. You have great research to do if you want to develop new sophisticated mod. there are many things to correct and if you think of my comment as of friendly advise and not a criticism, it would be great. even ilia said: მოყვარეს პირში უძრახე, მტერს პირს უკანაო. if you'll need my help i would be delighted to help you.

Your opinions are acceptable,indeed,they are useful,but I'm done with mount and blade  :razz:

done like, this mod or M&B wholly. actually, never mind it saddens me that it is not worthy to be called the mirror of Georgian history, but at least someone tried to do that so many thanks.

It is just begining.If someone wishes to make Georgian kingdom and need help,he/she will easilly find me,cause I've bothered all moders on this site with question:,,Will you add Georgia?"  :mrgreen:

molashkre said:
nuva said:
you did great work
this is awesome mod

lado9999 said:
now that's what i was talking about.  :wink: :wink:

Thanks both of you,but most job is done by them,whom I gave credits,I've just collected their works.

can i use my old save of this mod in final version?
if you don't mind, would you upload this final version mod in mbrepository.com or mediafire.com
please
thanx for advance

nuva said:
molashkre said:
nuva said:
you did great work
this is awesome mod

lado9999 said:
now that's what i was talking about.  :wink: :wink:

Thanks both of you,but most job is done by them,whom I gave credits,I've just collected their works.

can i use my old save of this mod in final version?
if you don't mind, would you upload this final version mod in mbrepository.com or mediafire.com
please
thanx for advance

No,you can't.I can't upload it on repository because of my pour internet.

Is it just me or most of the armours are free resources from the forum? By the way looks pretty nice good luck

The main primary documentary source for Seljuk dress and armour of the 13th century is the Romance of Varqa and Gulshah

Plus large pictures of:
1: A scene showing four bazaar shops, a jewelry store, herbalism drugstore, a butcher and a bakery with a character who takes the bread from the oven; inscription: "Representation of the encampment of the Banû Shayba."
2: Warqah and Gulshâh before their tutor sitting on a throne; inscription: "Representation of the cousins and of the tutor."
3: Scene of war; inscription: "Night Attack of Rabî  b. Adnân."
4: Scene of war; inscription: "Representation of the night attack of Rabi b. Adnân."
5: Gulshâh in the tent of Rabî, seated on a throne, with whom there is a servant; to the right and left four servants bearing gifts to Gulshâh
6: The battlefield after the war; inscription: "Description of the condition of Banû Shaybah, killed or wounded, after the night attack."
7: Inside the house (or tent) of Gulshâh's old father, seated on a throne; in front of him stands Warqah; outside the door, the doorman and two men with a horse.
8: Departure of the Banû Shaybah for the war of vengeance; all horses are different colours.
9: War Scene containing four riders and four people including two dead and fallen to the ground.
10: Another scene from the same war; inscription: "The war of the Banû Shaybah with the Banû Dabya."
11: Another scene of war. Rabî cutting the head of his opponent; in the middle of the image a fox.
12: Another scene from the same war; among the riders there is a fox and another animal resembling a dragon, with Chinese type clouds.
13: Scene of the struggle of Warqah's father and of Rabî; behind them their squires and a rabbit.
14: Rabî  kills the father of Warqah
15: Warqah takes in his arms his father Humâm, killed; to the right two horses over which there are three birds
16: The struggle between Warqah and Rabî; beside Warqah there is a cypress and a bird, Rabî  next to a flowering plant and three birds.
17: Another scene of struggle between Warqah and Rabï'; amid a cypress, and plants; to right and left, birds; Warqah's horse wears chain mail.
18: Another scene of the same struggle, Warqah's horse is injured.
19: Gulshâh fleeing the palace of Rabî; a rabbit among the feet of the horse; to the right the door and the walls of a palace
20: The contemplation of Gulshâh, the fight between Warqah  and Rabî, a rabbit between the feet of Rabî s horse; behind him, a bird; behind Gulshâh three birds at various positions
21: Warqah is taken by Rabî, one sees another rider that must be Gulshâh disguised
22: Gulshâh uncovers her face; facing Rabî  on the horse, behind him Warqah, half naked and bound.
23: Gulshâh kills Rabî  by driving the lance in his chest; four horsemen and Warqah bound; inscription: "Gulshâh kills Ibn Adnân, saves Warqah"
24: Gulshâh kills the son of Rabî; to right a bird like a crane and an ornamental plant, on the other side plants flower
25: The struggle of Gulshâh with Ghâlib, the other son of Rabî, under the belly of Gulshâh's horse - a dog
26: Gulshâh struggles with Ghâlib, on foot; on one side Gulshâh's horse, throat cut, and on the other, that of Ghâlib, two legs cut off; in corners, weapons
27: The entrance of Warqah into the enemy encampment to save Gulshâh; in the middle a tent, next to a door, to the right Warqah, to the left a horse
28: Interior of the same scene; Ghâlib seated on a throne, a sword in one hand and a glass of wine in the other; Gulshâh before him, beside the tent a door with a doorman, outside Warqah
29: Warqah cuts off the head of Ghâlib; Gulshâh is standing; to the right a door and flowering plants.
30: Warqah on a throne with his slave, birds and plants fill space.
31: Warqah speaks with the mother of Gulshâh; an empty throne on which there are two cushions and cloth, three birds and a flowering plant in voids
32: Interview of the mother of Gulshâh with her husband sitting on a throne; right one three-legged table on which there are fruits, and a door; coloured blue, chinese type cloud.
33: Farewell visit of Warqah to Gulshâh, before his departure for Yemen; within a tent, to the right a door, to the left a flowering plant and birds; before them a cat; inscription: "Warqah and his Gulshâh."
34: Same scene, within a tent (or house), to the left a door and a porter; inscription: "Oath of fidelity of Warqah and of Gulshâh."
35: Same scene under a cypress with a bird to left and to right, plants; to the left a crow and a rooster in a fighting position
36: Warqah enters into the city of Yemen and Warqah speaking with the Vizier; to right a horse at rest, and Warqah who enters; to the left two tents, in one is found the vizier and the other Warqah with a candle; behind the tent two horses with a feed bag and a guard.
37: The exit of the armed Warqah from the walls of Yemen, flanked by two riders.
38: Warqah to battle; with him, a standard-bearer, behind him, two figures on camels beating large drums; in front of him, two riders and foot-soldier; inscription: "The army of Warqah scatters that of Bahrain and of Adan."
39: Struggle of Warqah with a warrior of Adan.
40: Combat of Warqah with the army of Bahrain and of Adan, seven armed horsemen in various positions, in the midst a warrior wounded by an arrow
41: Scene of war; Warqah brings defeat to the army of Bahrain and Adan and the pursuit.
42: The King of Shâm disguised as a merchant; two tents, in the largest of which he is sitting on a throne
43: Two tents; in one, the king of Shâm sits on the throne; the other is empty, Gulshâh being on the outside; inscription: "Gulshâh leaves the tent."
44: Inside a tent, to left and to right two plants; inscription: "The old woman came and brought gold to the wife of Hilâl."
45: A reception with the king of Shâm sitting on his throne; the first of four people sitting is Hilâl, the father of Gulshâh; inscription: "The king of Shâm sits."
46: The fainting of Gulshâh upon hearing that her father has given her as wife to the king; inside a tent, to right a rabbit and a duck, to left two birds (perhaps falcons) and flowers; inscription: "and she lost consciousness."
47: Gulshâh suffering in her tent; her mother sitting on the right, on the left two cats biting the tail of each other; inscription: "The mother of Gulshâh."
48: Gulshâh with a slave to whom she gives a ring to give to Warqah; behind her a cheetah and plants
49: Inside a tent where they are preparing to hide a slaughtered sheep in place of the body of Gulshâh; to the right is Hilâl, Gulshâh's father and on the left her mother in mourning; both in mourning; inscription: "They hide the sheep."
50: The fainting of Warqah learning of the alleged death of Gulshâh; behind him, Hilâl weeping, and his wife in mourning, with decorations in blue, including animal heads and a man.
51: They brought Warqah to the tomb of the sheep; two people assist Warqah, in the middle - the grave, to left is Hilâl weeping and behind him, his wife in the same attitude
52: Visit of Hilâl to Warqah; behind him a mouse whose tail was caught by a cat, and a plant in which one can discern a hand, an apple and a monkey's head
53: Warqah opens the tomb and finds the corpse of the sheep; in the middle the young girl
54: Warqah leaves his tribe after learning the truth; wall of a city, a door, outside Warqah armed, on horseback.
55: The King of Shâm on horseback, brings the wounded Warqah; amid a plant on which there are birds, to the left a servant, who carries Warqah on his back
56: Warqah wounded in bed; a plant on which there are two falcons, to the right a servant and, behind her, a dog
57: Warqah on a throne, on his left a three-legged table, on which there are fruits; left a jug of water; in the middle a servant; to the right plant under which is a rabbit, two birds, fly over the head of Warqah.
58: Gulshâh half-reclining on a throne, found the ring in the milk, in the middle a bowl on which there are cuts with the milk; before it a servant; inscription: "She drank the milk, found the ring, and [lost] consciousness. "
59: Fainting of Warqah and of Gulshâh seeing themselves from afar; a city gate; to the right Warqah fell unconscious from his horse, on the left Gulshâh fainted; inscription that I have not been able to read.
60: The King of Shâm between Warqah and Gulshâh; inside a tent.
61: Warqah and Gulshâh face-to-face; to the left the door half open, to the right a plant; inscription on the golden part: 'amal 'Abd al-Mumin b. Muhammad al-Hawi alnaqqâsh.
62: Chat of the three friends sitting: King of Shâm, Warqah and Gulshâh.
63: Scene of farewell; the sleeping king on his throne, in the middle Gulshâh, left most Warqah; inscription erased.
64: The King attends the departure of Warqah on horseback, leaving Shâm, behind him his servant, in front Gulshâh, rightmost a bizarre animal.
65: Warqah dead, his servant and two horsemen with black figures.
66: Interior of the house where you will find Gulshâh; a closed door, to the left a plant with a rabbit; inscription: "Gulshâh recites a poem during the separation."
67: Gulshâh goes to the tomb of Warqah and throws herself on the tomb, from right to left: the tomb, Gulshâh, a litter of woman and two horses; Gulshâh throwing herself on the ground, a horse; inscription: "Gulshâh gets out of the litter."
68: Gulshâh on the tomb of Warqah and five people including the king weeping
69: The tomb of Warqah and Gulshâh; to the right the king, behind him another person, to the left two men visiting the tomb; inscription: "The tomb of Warqah and Gulshâh." Right corner an inscription that I was not able to read.
70: The visit of the Prophet to the tomb; he is seated on a throne, to the right Abu Bakr and Uthman, his friends and future caliphs, to the left the king of Shâm standing, behind him a servant .
71: Resurrection of Warqah and Gulshâh, by the prayer of the Prophet, in attitude of prayer behind him his four friends and future caliphs, and the king of Shâm, Warqah and Gulshâh emerging from the tomb; inscription: "the Prophet made the prayer; Warqah and Gulshâh out of the tomb."
A page of small coloured Varka ve Gulsah images from the Turkish Cultural Foundation

Other Information about Seljuks:
Saljuq Clothing by Elsie H. Peck
Seljuk Soldiers on a Bas Relief, 12th century, Anatolia
Seljuk Cavalry on a Bas Relief, 12th century
Horseman of Raqqa (Faris al-Raqqa), 12th century
Seljuk Bowl with Astronomical and Royal Figures, C12-13
Bowl with Paired Riders, C12-13
Seljuq Horseman on a Bowl, 12-13C
Saljuq Bowl, Kashan, C12-13
Seljuk Horsemen on a Minai Ware Jug, 12-13C
Horseman & Castle on a Kashan Minai Bowl, 12-13C
Seljuk Lampas Robe, Central Asia, 11th/12th century
Another Seljuk Lampas Robe, Central Asia, 11th/12th century
Seljuk Horsemen on a Minai Bowl, Kashan, c1200
Seljuk Stucco Figures, mid-11thC-mid-12thC
Minai bowl showing Bahram Gur and Azade on a camel, late 12th-early 13th centuries.
Minai plate by Abu Zaid al-Kashani, 1187AD
Seljuk Footed Bowl, c1200
The Medieval Steppe Warrior by Steven Baker
Seljuk 12th Century Glass Medallion with mounted hunter
Kitab al-Diryaq (the Book of Antidotes) by Pseudo-Gallen, 1198CE
Book of Fixed Stars by al Sufi: Ms Marsh 14, 1009-10, Ms Sotheby's - Lot 34, 1125 , Ms Fatih 3422, 1125 & Ms Ahmet III 3493, 1130-31
Saljuq Dish with horseman, late 12th to early 13th century
Seljuk beaker, Kashan, Iran, late 12th century
Seljuk beaker, late 12th century
Saljuq star with Rustam and the Dragon, late 12th century
Seljuk Mina'i Bowl, 12th-13 century
Seljuk Mina'i Bowl with a ruler and attendants, 12th-13 century
Seljuk Mina'i Bowl with a ruler and attendants, 12th-13 century
Seljuk Mina'i Bowl with mounted archer, 12th-13 century
Seljuk bowl fragment, late 12th-early 13th century
Seljuk Bowl with Rider, 12th to 13th century
Seljuk horseman wearing fur lined hat, late 12th-early 13th century
Horseman on Seljuk Bowl from Rayy, 12th to 13th centuries
Seljuq Bowl with Horseman, 12th to 13th centuries
Seljuq Bowl with Turkish horseman, 12th-13th centuries
Seljuk Bowl with Turkish Couple, c. 1200AD
Scylitzes Chronicle, f234v  A Battle Between Byzantines and Seljuks.
A Seljuk Hoard from Persia by Basil Gray
attachment.php

Seljuk Male Clothing
Pre-Mongol Persian Costume Or 11th and 12th Century Seljuk Dynasty Costume by Dinah Tackett

Automaton in Saljuq Costume, by al-Jazari, 1206
Elephant on a Seljuq Bowl, Kashan, 1218
Kitab al-Aghani (Book of Songs)
Ceramics showing Saljuq Costume, 12th & 13thC
Seljuk Candlestick, Anatolia, mid 13th century
A 13th century Kelile ve Dimne
Seljuq Steel Mirror with Mounted Hunter, 13th century, Anatolian Seljuq
An Arabic Translation of the Materia Medica of Dioscorides by 'Abdullah ibn al-Fadl, 1224AD
Saljuq Turkish Elite Cavalry on a Glazed Tile, 13C
Seljuk horsemen on a Minai Ware Bowl, 13th century
The Seljuqs of Rum by Steven Lowe and Martin Baker
Seljuk Bowl with Rider, 13th century
Book of Fixed Stars by al Sufi: Ms Ross.1033, 1224., Ms Ayasofya 2595, 1249-50. , Ms Or.5323, c1270 & Ms Dar al-Kutub miqat 390, 1224.
Battle plate, early 13th century & Detail of Siege Engine and Armour
Seljuk Horsemen on a Wall Painting, 13th century
Kitab al-Diryaq (the Book of Antidotes) by Pseudo-Gallen, mid 13th century
Plaster Relief of Seljuq Cavalry Fighting a Dragon, 13th-14th centuries, Anatolian Seljuq
Two Seljuk Painted Bowls, 13-14C
Machine Pouring Wine, after al-Jazari, c. 1315AD

Drawings of & notes by Ian Heath - based on the above:
Turkish cavalry
Seljuk Heavy Cavalryman
Seljuk Infantrymen
Rumi Firenk Heavy Cavalryman
Saracen Standards

MIRROR SITES:
The Romance of Varqa and Gulshah.
Other Information about Seljuks

Druzhina345
Illustrations of Costume & Soldiers

Illustrations of Fatimid Costume & Soldiers, 10th-12th Centuries
attachment.php

Fatimid Soldiers and Hunters
Fatimid Musicians, Dancers & Revelers
An Arab Cavalryman in a 10th Century Papyrus Drawing, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, Vienna
Fatimid-Zirid Bas-relief of Musician and Drinker, Bardo Palace Museum, Tunis
Fatimid-Zirid Plate with a Battle Scene, Museum of Islamic Art, Raqqada, Tunisia
Musician on a Bowl, Fatimid Egypt, 10th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
Egyptian Ivory Plaque with Two Soldiers, 10th century, Louvre, Paris
Fatimid Horseman from Ifriqiyah on a Plate from Sabra, 10th to 12th Centuries, Bardo Museum, Tunis
Fatimid Rider and Four Warriors on Coptic Textile, 11th Century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid Wood Carving of Hunters, 11th Century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid Carved Panel with Soldier, 11th Century, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Fatimid Ceramic Wall-Plaque with Warriors from the Sabra Palace, 11th century, Bardo Museum, Tunis
Fatimid Ceramic Wall-Plaque of Archer from the Sabra Palace, 11th century, Bardo Museum, Tunis
Fragment of a Fatimid Bowl Depicting a Mounted Warrior, 11th century, Brooklyn Museum
Plaque with a running man and his dog, Fatimid Egypt, 11th Century, Walters Art Museum
Fatimid Lustre Painted Dish with Musician from Fustat, 11th century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Bathhouse Fresco of a Man with Goblet from Fustat, 11th Century, Museum of Islamic Art
Fatimid Rectangular piece of wood with swordsmen, 11th century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with carved lion hunt from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with carved dancer from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with musicians and revelers from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with musicians and dancers from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid wooden plank with mounted hunter with lance from the Mausoleum of Sultan Qalawin, 11th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Fatimid Carved Wood Panel, 11th Century, Louvre, Paris
Fragmentary dish showing men with sticks, Fatimid Egypt, 11th century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with a drinker, Muslim Sicily or southern Italy, 11th century, David Collection Museum, Denmark
Hunter on an ivory drinking horn probably made in Muslim Sicily or Southern Italy, 11th century, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Coptic Priest on a Plate, 1050-1100, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Shields on the Bab al-Nasr (Gate of Victory), 1087, Cairo
Frieze of Hunters over the door of the Church of San Benedetto, Brindisi, late 11th Century
Fatimid Lustre Bowl Depicting a Lute Player, Harvey B. Plotnick Collection, 11th-12th century
Fatimid Turban on Manuscript Fragment from Fustat, Museum of Islamic, 11th-12th Centuries
Morgan Casket, Southern Italy, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 11th-12th century
Four ivory panels with hunters and revellers, 11th-12th century, Staatliche Museen, Berlin
Detail of carved ivory horn or 'oliphant' from Sicily, Musée Crozatier, Le Puy
Figure with Goblet on Fatimid Bowl, 11th-12th century, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Ivory casket with Lion Hunt, Fatimid Sicily or Southern Italy, 11th-12th Centuries, Pergamon Museum, Berlin
Fatimid Manuscript with Two Soldiers, 11th-12th Centuries, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid Carved Ivory Panel with Hunters, 11th-12th Centuries, Louvre, Paris
Carved Ivory Plaque of Lion Hunt, Fatimid Egypt or Iraq, 11th-12th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
Fatimid dancer on an ivory panel, 11th-12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid lute player on an ivory panel, 11th-12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid Carved Ivory Plaque with Drummer and Drinker, 11th-12th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
Fatimid Infantryman with a Januwiyah shield, 12th Century, De Unger Collection, London
Fatimid Warrior with a kite shield, 12th Century, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
Islamic Sicilian Ivory Casket with Horsemen, 12th Century, Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Firenze
A Fatimid Nobleman or Officer on a lustre-ware plate, 12th Century, Museum of Islamic Art, Cairo
Fatimid plate with mounted hunter, 12th century, Freer Gallery of Art, Washington
Fatimid bowl with female scarf dancer, 12th century, Freer Gallery, Smithsonian's Museums of Asian Art
Sicilian ivory pyxis with mounted hunter, 12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid wood panel with dancer, 12th century, Louvre Museum, Paris
Fatimid Manuscript Fragment with cavalry & infantry, Fustat, 12th Century, British Museum, London
Fatimid bowl with a hunter on horse, Islamic Ceramics Museum, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with a musician, Islamic Ceramics Museum, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with a drinker, Islamic Ceramics Museum, Cairo
Fatimid bowl with young courtier, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Manuscript illumination with depiction of a court scene, Islamic Museum, Cairo
Illustrations of warriors from a Coptic Gospel, Damietta, Egypt, 1179-80, Bibliothèque nationale de France, Cote Copte 13
Manuscript with 'Jazrafil who rides an Elephant' from Fustat, c. 1200 AD, British Museum, London

Fatimid Infantryman in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on a manuscript above.
Fatimid Infantryman and a Fatimid Cavalryman Cavalryman in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291 by Ian Heath based on the manuscript fragment.
A Sudanese Archer in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291  by Ian Heath.
A Sudanese spearman in Armies and Enemies of the Crusades 1096-1291  by Ian Heath based on the painted windows in the monastery church of St Denis in Paris
Fatimids on Plate G, Men-At-Arms Series 125, The Armies of Islam 7th-11th Centuries by David Nicolle & Angus McBride - based on many of the above.
A Daylami Tribesman in Armies of the Dark Ages 600-1066 by Ian Heath
A painting of a Daylami Infantryman, early 11th century, by Angus McBride

MIRROR SITES
Fatimid Soldiers and Hunters
Fatimid Musicians, Dancers & Revelers

Druzhina
Illustrations of Egyptian and Syrian Costume & Soldiers

Back
Top Bottom