SP Fantasy Struggle for Bermia

Users who are viewing this thread

Nikephoros

Section Moderator
r90mD5K.png

* REPOSITORY LINK*
* NESUX LINK*
(the Nexus will be updated regularly, savegame compatible patch to 1.496 available there)
* MODDB LINK*

This mod is based on the mod The Eagle and the Radiant Cross (wich has its own sub-board in the cartographers' guild), but is set on another continent, with new factions, troop, items, and basically a whole new feeling, which tries to be less cartoony and more plausible, if that's even a word that can be applied to a WB mod.

Essentially, it's now a mod of its own.

The factions in this mod are inspired to the Renaissance and late medieval states of Italy, during the so-called Italian Wars, which pitched the many small republics and states of Renaissance Italy against the Valois kings of France, the Hapbsburgs of Austria and Spain, and each other. The main difference is that, instead of France, i used the Swedish faction already present in tEatRC.

I hope you'll enjoy this mod.
I do.

It's year 1426.

No more than 14 years ago, the Laurian king, Luis Loher, seized the Duchy of Apulia, assuring for himself a bridge-head to the fertile Bermianese valleys.

On the North, fearing a Laurian conquest of the rich inland and the richer ports of Bermia, Haelmarian king Iohan IV does the same, preparing for a full-scale invasion of the Eastern Bank of river Eridanus.

In the middle, Bermianese petty duchies, republics and principalities look at this as one of the countless invasions of the past, knowing little about the refinment of Laurian administration and military.

For the Bermianese, it may be the last free spring.

Thanks to D'Sparil for the mod&the support.
Thanks to Somebody for the source AND the endless technical support.
Thanks to Captured Joe for his dialogues.
Thanks for the M&B modding community for being so wonderfully helpful.

OSP Credits:
Naval battles by ruthven
Overhauled morale by jacobhinds
Freelancer by taragoth

Narf for his beautiful armors
Willhelm for compiling that precious 17th century pack
Fredelios' bunch of armours
Lucas the Benevolent's collection of weapons
Jan Tumas Sturmhauben
Cow7488 for his retexturing of narf's palte
Shredzorz, 15th century weapons pack
Jakko's italian props pack
Shaun Remo's skyboxes osp
BrustwarzenLenny's TES4 OSP pack.

All the people who contributed with their resources to The Eagle and the Radiant Cross mod.

I am barely able to read or write, so i do not take credit for anything in this mod, except piecing it together. If you see one of your resources used without credit, it just means that i forgot, not that i am claiming it as my own. Tell me and i will fix it at once.

CURRENT FEATURES:

- 8 New factions, complete with appropriate Claimants.
- New map
- New items, merchandise and unique.
- New lords
- Lots of new troops
- Old companions with new backstory
- New mercenaries with backstory.
- Freelancer! You will be enlisted as different kinds of troops according to your renown.
- Diplomacy
- Entrenchment by Tempered
- Naval battles code by ruthven (although they are quite buggy - at least in my system)
- Formations (by Chel, edited by D'Sparil)
- Recruiter's kit
- Improved Morale by jacobhinds
- Villages now have their own defenses, so be careful!
- Several new scenes in cities, castles and villages.
- Some of the tweaks i liked most from The Eagle and the Radiant Cross.
- Lots of New Lore & Background stories
- Many hidden references to Movies and History!
- Live the experience of italian Reinassance and late middle-age without the unsubstainable weight of historical learning!
- Join the Alma Mater and fight to spread the light of knowledge in the world!

KNOWN BUGS:

- joining a siege defense as an enlisted freelancer will cause a menu loop. Until i have realized how to fix the bug, you need to desert your party to continue playing.
- when you start a new game, you have to set yourself as "commoner" in the slide. If you start as noble, you will not be taken to the character screen, and you will have to open it yourself. 
-conversations might (rarely, and never in the latest playtest) cause ctd, i still don't know why
- when joining a naval battle, it will be fought as a land battle. Being the primary attacker or defender works fine.
- if you send your companions away to increase your right to rule, they will never come back
- despite what the menu says at the beginning of the game, the camera is not supposed to move after you die. Don't listen to the menu, the menu lies.

I'm not a coder myself, so if anyone would like to contribute, that would be greatly appreciated.

CHANGELOG:
- fixed a bug that caused crashes when the charger_old mesh was used while running dx9.
- Textures and items revamped thanks to Saint Somebody
- removed the troop tree presentation. It was still bound to the old teatrc troop trees anyway.
- naval battles scene revamped. Now it makes more sense to use large numbers of ranged troops.

- fixed a few weapons that lacked an animation
- burgonets should not turn you into a headless nightmare now
- companion dialogues provisionally reverted to an older version, until i can find the root of the problem
- i *might* have fixed the freelancer join bug, but i'm not sure
- a few minor fixes

- changed many models
- major revamp and overhaul of troops and factions
- added freelancer
- added the Duchy of Fransaborg (inspired by the Dutch army in the 17th century) as an available rebel faction for Haelmar.
- dialogues fixed

HOW TO USE FORMATIONS:

Press J to form ranks around the player.
Press K to form ranks around a standard bearer.
Press U to solve the ranks.

Only some (well, most of) the infantry units can form ranks.

NEW FACTIONS:

THE BRIXIAN LEAGUE

Since the times of the great Bermianese revolt against the late Ellis empire, in the XI century, the cities of Brixia, Fanum, Arretia and Partenope began steadily to grow in power and wealth. Soon enough, banished the old courtly titles, the cities declared themselves Communes, free cities ruled by merchant oligarchies.
Strong, unruly and particularistic to the bone, the cities agreed to form a temporary league to counter a possible Laurian invasion.

Every two years the League elects a new Grand Seneschal: for the pressure of the Haelmarian Party, the weak and old Ezzelino della Langa, Duke of Arretia, was put in charge.
The fragile alliance seems certainly destined to destruction, through the pikes of the Loher or the horses of the Hackapelles. Altough, an ambitious, determined Councilmen could surely be able to turn the tide, and help the cities retain their beloved freedom.

THE ALMA MATER

Exactly 300 years ago the city of Bonomia, once the main university in the province of Bermia Trasmontana (the Alma Mater), witnessed the retreat of the legions. Little time passed before the teachers and the professors became, from simple advisors, the core of the Bonomian ruling class.
Now, after three centuries, the Alma Mater is ruled according to the ancient philosophers' utopical prescription: the three classes, Commoners, Professors and Warriors alike, live in a world strictly regulated by the Speakers' council. No family, no private property, no freedom: only the dream of a world enlightened by the True Wisdom brought by the Bonomian Professors.

Firs Speaker Umberto is concious of the role of his University in the world's affairs. He knows that, with the Lohers at the gates, the Alma Mater cannot survive holding only the three cities of Bonomia, Forlivi and Ravenna. If the dream of a world enlightened by the true knowledge is to be made true, it will be with iron, gunpowder and blood.

THE REPUBLIC OF ERIDANIA

The eldest Bermianese Potentate, and undoubtedly the richest. Governing major seaside ports, and controllig trading routes passing through the whole world, Eridania will hardly die starving.
Doge Orseolo, assisted by a council of Wisemen (Savi) and Captains, have assisted passively for too long time to the haelmarian expansion in southeastern Bermia. The white king must be stopped, if the republic is to survive.

THE REPUBLIC OF ZENA:

Bordering and always fighting with Eridania, the Zenoese Republic has a long history of trade, seamanship and mercenary-export.
Its people are though, more similar to the earth-footed citizens of the communes, than with the rich and exibitionists eridanian, with whom they share, nonetheless, uncommon commercial skills.
Doge Federico Doria and his Captains and Admirals are struggling to keep the court and the army efficient, since the day the Lion Throne conquered - and closed- the wool and leather routes from Ptia, Mylesia and Kara-Khitan.

THE DUCHY OF RONDA-FAVENTIA

The hills of Northern Bermia are a place of beauty, tradition and neverending military struggles. Since the times of the retreat of the Legions from the northern continent, not one single power has ever been able to unify the endless princes, dukes and counts claiming this or that title on this or that castle or city. Only recently, Prince Fiorenzo de'Cerusichi from Senna has been able to tame the dukes of Ronda, Faventia and Alba, unusually, counting on his (misterious) wealth and his uncanny diplomatical skills.
Now, his young son, Leone, has inherited a fragile situation. To the East, new-duke Aldobrando Aldobrandesco keeps threatening the border fortresses, while inside his own court, the families of Pazzi and Mascetti are endlessly plotting to seize throne of Senna.

THE DUCHY OF LIVANIA

Aldobrando Aldobrandesco used to be a footman in the army of Leonardo de'Cerusichi, brother of prince Fiorenzo. Now, he sits on the ducal throne of one of the richest, oldest and strongest cities in whole Bermia.
His hands still covered with the blood of former Duke Visconti, he made a law forbidding the lesser -but nonetheless ancient- nobles to raise private armies.
He is still paying for his decision, being forced to work with small armies of professional soldiers whose his court has given grants of land.
Altough few in numbers, those Ducal Companions, as they are called, are soldiers feared in the whole Bermia, and Beyond.

Some screenies (more are coming soon) :
kbpj0Wk.jpg

84iapWX.jpg

1sfMaxn.jpg

0vMDfAL.jpg

Hp0U68R.jpg

5938-3-1447541384.jpg

5938-2-1447541384.jpg

Feedback, of course, is more than welcome.

Whoohoo!!

I was such a big ****ing fan of this mod on the original Mount and Blade. Thanks, Nikephoros!

Why the messages in the left corner of the screen does not appear?
(sorry my english, im brazilian)

There is a script bugging out that causes a flood of messages, and in the game when there are too many messages, it doesn't show any more. You'll get used to it soon, anyway i'm trying to solve the problem

I've got only few problem.
1)This message appears to me at the creation of the character:
SCRIP ERROR ON OPCODE 507: Invalid Item Kind ID:-1;LINE NO: 22:
At script: game_start.
At script: game_start.
SCRIP ERROR ON OPCODE 167: Invalid Map Icon ID: -177; LINE NO: 35:
At script: spawn_patrol.
2) It keeps me crash every time i finish a battle

A part from that wonderfull mode!!!!!!!!!

Against Bandits near Genova, the battle is in a Village. I think maybee it could be also my 2 gig of ram.

BTW what about the script error, is normal?

Back
Top Bottom