SP Fantasy Struggle for Bermia

Users who are viewing this thread

I've noticed a bug, I think some one else is suffering from it as well. I'm at war with the Duchy of Livania, and have captured two of their cities. However, for some reason, any time I enter an open battlefield against their lords, my game crashes. My game works just fine when killing bandits and the like, attacking them in villages, cities, or castles, but on an open field it always crashes. If it helps I'm using windows 7 64bit.

Hail modders  :mrgreen:
it's a great mod and i'm interested to join the team,i can code and help you fix many bugs.so what do you think?
and i want to report a bug,in character history menu,i can't select the history manually,i click on the menu and nothing happen,so i should use the randomize. and after the background selection,it went to "Join a caravan" menu,it skips the character stat and face generator,so the character has no name when the bandit ambush began,and when i press C,the character windows appear and i can select the realistic mode,set the name and stat,and then,go to face generator. after the face generator,it came back to Join a caravan menu and the ambush begin (again). then,after i defeated the bandit,everything works fine until i finished the quest
i'm using 1.53 version,and almost everything works fine
sorry for the english pals :oops:

Hi,

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know that I think the mod looks great and that it is obvious that a lot of time has been spent on the factions, models, and map. I've enjoyed playing in so far (just a few days in) but I've allied myself with the Laurians. Everything seemed fine except that I can't join any battle with members of my factions without the game crashing. I've tried entering existing battles and attacking enemies with my factions following me into battle - either way, the game crashes after I take a few steps with my horse.

One issue might be that I am running this with WB 1.153. Hopefully this info might be helpful. I hope you keep up the work on this mod!

It's great to be back in Bermia. Only one thing, the open-faced Burgonet has no head in it lol It's just an empty helmet on my guys shoulders. Is there a fix or that or is that just my computer being dumb?

It was just to understand which Burgonet exactly. There are several items that use that name, and they all have different models, in different brfs, using different resource files.

The more i know, the easier to fix the bug  :grin:

It's probably a very easy fix.
My best guess at the moment (i don't have the code at hand) is that i forgot to replace an item flag when changing the model.
I will fix it for the next release, but if you want, you can also do it yourself with Morgh's item editor. Just use it to open the item_kinds1.txt files and un-tick the covers_head flag.

edit:

to fix it, just replace the current entry in item_kinds1.txt with this:

Code:
itm_helmet_lauria2 Blackened_Helmet Blackened_Helmet 1  sturmhaube_1B 0  65548 0 500 704643238 2.500000 100 50 0 0 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No one told me that this mod had a comedic factor (cheatmenu items are hillarious for me) , also the swedish factions is the far northern one right ? Loving the mod looks really cool and interesting .

Also I keep getting a annoying error that crashes my game from time to time something about a mushketi model I think ?

Great work on the release! I actually have a backlog of stuff I revamped around 2013 but never got around to releasing.

you're using the inventory version of Narf's helmets instead of the rigged versions that also come with lod models.
["spiked_helmet5", "Vaegir Helmet", [("litchina_helm", 0),("inv_litchina_helm",ixmesh_inventory)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_head_armor|itp_covers_beard|itp_attach_armature,0, 778 , weight(2)|abundance(100)|head_armor(4:cool:|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(9), imodbits_plate  ],
instead of
Code:
["spiked_helmet5", "Vaegir Helmet", [("inv_litchina_helm",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_head_armor|itp_covers_beard|itp_attach_armature,0, 778 , weight(2)|abundance(100)|head_armor(48)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0)|difficulty(9), imodbits_plate  ],

The WFaS mesh armet and armet4 have an ugly default face that needs to be reworked and the item flags need to be changed accordingly.

The targa_zena mesh uses the ltshield material - it should be using its own copy without the normal and specular maps generated for the original texture.
.lod meshes auto-generated by OpenBRF for helmets mess up and collapse meshes altogether. Other OSP resources don't have lods at all

WFaS body armour don't play well with existing gauntlets - there will be a gap between the hand, which the forearm mesh is supposed to cover. Hard way is to fix all the torso armour, easier way is to re-edit all the Native and mod gloves.
gxkWw.png

The face textures need to be updated - womanface_scar and manface_scar_b both still have the radiant cross in the middle of their heads.
Way too many mercenaries now spawn in tavern scenes, change the game menu code to this to reduce clutter
Code:
             (party_get_slot, ":mercenary_troop", "$current_town", slot_center_mercenary_troop_type),
             (party_get_slot, ":mercenary_amount", "$current_town", slot_center_mercenary_troop_amount),
             (try_begin),
               (is_between, ":mercenary_troop", mercenary_troops_begin, mercenary_troops_end),
               (gt, ":mercenary_amount", 0),
               (val_sub, ":mercenary_amount", 10),#otherwise they fill up too much room (15-40)
               (val_div, ":mercenary_amount", 12),#now from (1.25-3)
               (val_max, ":mercenary_amount", 1),
               (set_visitors, ":cur_entry", ":mercenary_troop", ":mercenary_amount"),
               (val_add, ":cur_entry", 1),
             (try_end),
Some map icons have snow when they aren't near snowy areas.
Fixed some stuff, I just grabbed a copy of the musket normal maps from my copy of WFaS, hopefully it works.

Thanks for the fixes, i really appreciate that, and i've been working myself to fix the many remaining issues.

At the moment, i'm uploading an updated version, and a quickfix for those who don't want to download all the mod all over again.

As for Narf's helmet, i tried to use the normal version, but the helmets don't appear rigged in game.
Right now, anyway, my priority is trying to figure out how to fix naval battles.

Back
Top Bottom