Stronghold Warlords is out

Users who are viewing this thread

Too bad (for me) they have deviated from the castle sim approach. This looks very "simplistic" RTS, although it seems to have some interesting concepts.

Too bad (for me) they have deviated from the castle sim approach. This looks very "simplistic" RTS, although it seems to have some interesting concepts.
Stronghold 2 was too much of a departure from Stronghold Crusader for some people, but IMO it was the best game of the series. Battles are much more interesting to me when I've had to build several tiers of industry to produce a single high-end unit.

Stronghold 2 was too much of a departure from Stronghold Crusader for some people, but IMO it was the best game of the series. Battles are much more interesting to me when I've had to build several tiers of industry to produce a single high-end unit.
Although I have not played Stronghold 2 that much (compared to Crusaders), I agree with you. For me the latest additions are just skimming on the 'magic' of their predecessors.

It has been a long time since I played (any) Strongholds. When I find some time I think I will fire Stronghold 2 again, thanks for reminding me!

Back
Top Bottom