Strongest armor in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oh and by the way, the "bug" that skills stop working after level 10, some skills just come with a limit. It isn't hardwired I think, but there has to be some limit if I'm correct. The native limit for all of the limited skills is 10.

Goliaths do sometimes get a great hammer, or some such. And Swadian shock troops can also have cutting weapons, such as a Swadian Pride.

RndmNumGenerator said:
gregor_y said:
Is it only me or armors are to strong?

Stop using a sword and bow, instead get a crossbow or a mace.

Stop writing and just shut up...dont tell me what to do not everyone likes same play style...

And if i dont like crossbow or a mace? and i dont want to play as dumb barbarian then what? no balance at all...

Damn in EGII i could use bow + saber + shield(speed before strenght) and i was happy here some enemies have such armor its just bloody imposible they could walk...i understand chest plate could stop arrow from long bow but armor on legs,arms,head im sure was easy to penatrate... + some enemies have shields and that makes them bloody terminators even crossbow sucks + its slow like hell...

gregor_y said:
RndmNumGenerator said:
gregor_y said:
Is it only me or armors are to strong?

Stop using a sword and bow, instead get a crossbow or a mace.
Stop writing and just shut up...
Lovely.

You made a point about armor protecting soldiers against cutting weapons - exactly what the armor is designed to do. If you want to get around that, you have to adjust your tactics. FYI, I play the Skilled Hunter, using yep, you guessed it - a bow and arrow. Right now I'm conquering the Swadians easily. You just need to learn to use the tools you have at your disposal, which is not limited to weapons. Try using more troop commands, or the battle abilities Chel added in.

RndmNumGenerator said:
You made a point about armor protecting soldiers against cutting weapons - exactly what the armor is designed to do. If you want to get around that, you have to adjust your tactics. FYI, I play the Skilled Hunter, using yep, you guessed it - a bow and arrow. Right now I'm conquering the Swadians easily. You just need to learn to use the tools you have at your disposal, which is not limited to weapons. Try using more troop commands, or the battle abilities Chel added in.

I changed sides... :sad: Khergits are in my opinion weakest faction...i played a bit with Swadians and well cavalary is awesome...also played with Vaegirs and i picked them becouse of bows rangers are great at siege...Rhodoks well not my style similar to swadians but i think a bit weaker...and Nords well i dont like barbarians best at close range... :smile:

My point is not my lack of tactics but ****ed up work with Khergits for example Khergit Guard got Horse Archery skill at 7 and Riding 7 too but no mount...why not Athletics and better bow they arent on mount but use same bow as on mount...

Also i think but im not sure Chel messed up physics? i mean you ride on horse you hit someone in head and they are alive in native it was 99% kill here its 10%...

gregor_y said:
Also i think but im not sure Chel messed up physics? i mean you ride on horse you hit someone in head and they are alive in native it was 99% kill here its 10%...

You mean shooting someone? I don't think Chel changed physics or anything like it, he probably just upped the hitpoints on troops.

I respectfully disagree. The top tier doesn't now have 300+hp as they used to in EGII. It's just that armor is better now.
Also Swadians are very effective... but Khergits are very effective too.

OK armor is really to good im not expert but i think such armor is overkill...and about elite units well i think...i suck becouse i cant beat them in close combat i need to put in them with arrows or bolts...enemy lords are weaker than those bloody elite units...

I even remember it was possible to kill onyx templars they charge on you and you put bolts and arrows in their eyes...in EGIII it dont work bloody terminators...

The top tier troops have quite a bit of HP, combined with the armor it makes them quite difficult to kill. It's a bit imbalanced seeing as even if you pump alot of str and keep ironflesh maxed your hp still won't get near theirs and you can still get 1 shot by stray thrown weapons/ couched lances.

Kinsume said:
The top tier troops have quite a bit of HP, combined with the armor it makes them quite difficult to kill. It's a bit imbalanced seeing as even if you pump alot of str and keep ironflesh maxed your hp still won't get near theirs and you can still get 1 shot by stray thrown weapons/ couched lances.

Thats why its stupid to fight in front line sooner or later crap will happen to you :smile: im always in back with my crossbow :smile:

As stated before, the whole point of heavy armour was to stop lighter blows from getting through.  Either use your bow/crossbow wisely (i.e. aim for head or feet), or boost your power strike.  If you aren't a very strong character, use a weapon that works (blunt).  If you don't want to do that, accept the fact that you aren't a character that can beat a fully armoured knight and let your army do it for you.

I take on top tier troops one on one all the time.  I have heavy armour so I can't dodge, I just block, then smash them in the face with a sledgehammer, sometimes it takes two or three blows, but then these are top tier troops, what do you expect?

Fighting in the front line is where all the fun is, having your men stand behind you whilst you go out alone to face the enemy commander charging his horse at you is exciting.  So you have to be smart about it, with my armour I always have to keep an eye out for blunt weapons.  When unarmoured, keep an eye out for everyone.  And when crap happens, I can heal myself, and when it's too bad for that, high wound treatment and iron flesh are your friends.

Raggs said:
Either use your bow/crossbow wisely (i.e. aim for head or feet), or boost your power strike.  If you aren't a very strong character, use a weapon that works (blunt).  If you don't want to do that, accept the fact that you aren't a character that can beat a fully armoured knight and let your army do it for you.

Well your smart...but some armors are so power full that arrow in head gives 0 damage or almost none...

Powerstrike well it gives **** actually if you have poor strenght you doing bad damage so the extra % is poor too...same thing with Blunt if you have crapy strenght...

You know what i accepted fact that my char is leader so i used crossbow and mount and everything was fine but then i visit village im atacked by 5-6 bandits and i die :smile:

But blunt isn't affected by armour, so even a weak blunt weapon is better than pointless flailing with a poor sword.  I fear swadian recruits more than most of the other swadian units, since they nearly always have a blunt weapon and can cause hell for me. And I can tell you from experience that crossbows can still hurt even well armoured characters.  Maybe it needs to be a powerful crossbow, but still, it can certainly work.

But if you're happy with your choice of going for a leader character, good for you.  I'm planning on trying for a leader character at some point, huge army, use a crossbow to pick out choice targets.  I enjoy playing a character that doesn't really kill too much, but rather makes the important difference by taking out choice units, or just temporarily disabling an enemy so they get taken out by my army.

Still I can understand that people think the armor is rediculous.  You basically have to use a piercing or blunt weapon.  Cutting weapons are pointless on everything but recruits.  By second or third tier all troops have at least 60 armor. Cutting weapons should have a purpose too.  That said I really like the iron polehammer.  Goes through the enemy like butter.

I hardly find heavy armor to be overpowered. If you're a hunter, use heavy piercing arrows. I've NEVER seen one of those do 0 damage. Ok so you can only carry a maximum of 45 of those but that's why you have an army. And yeah it's kind of frustrating when I run out and have to switch to my scourge blade (a mere 21 strength, I'm trying to be fast) and then whack things constantly for 0, but that's life. Aim for the head and then turn into the swing, and make sure the enemy isn't too close. Hitting people near the hilt of a blade doesn't work too well in real life either . . . with the proper swing even a heavily armored opponent will suffer some 30 damage. Not a ton but hey, that's life . . . can't be great at everything.

Back
Top Bottom