Stronger Opponents and Lesser Rewards

Users who are viewing this thread

Crusaders raise the test of player horse archery skill to a new level by being vulnerable only to headshots.
Ferons carry nuclear-tipped antigravity axes and can take more punishment than rabid grizzly bears.

I get it.  We're in the big leagues now.  If you can't head-shot a mounted target or hit a footman from beyond throwing range or be bothered to stuff your packs with extra ammo go back to Native.

But the paltry xp you get, like killing a Feron Chief gets you maybe 19 xp, or one of those Dark-Knight-esque Crusaders a measly 44, is ridiculous.

Then you fight those scroll-keeper dudes, mow them down like River Pirates, and get showered with xp and valuable loot.  Bang, zoom, you da man.

If you're going to fill the map with badasses at least acknowledge when the player beats them.  It seems like the weaker and easier something is to kill the more xp and loot you get.  Maybe the loot is the way it is for a really good reason, but why should a Feron tribe leader who turns melee cavalry into expensive soap and takes 3 head shots to bring down be worth 19 xp?

Go and edit the mod to give more XP lol
the XP of a kill isnt the equipament or tier
its the level of the character ^.^

The game already has a source of easy xp -- those scroll-keeper guys, those dudes in the black robes, pretty much all the weakest opponents are a bonanza.

Then you fight the Dark-Knight-equivalent crusaders and get peanuts.  It just seems a little weird.  Why would I ever fight the harder opponents when the rewards are so skewed toward the weaklings?

Khergit Kabob said:
The game already has a source of easy xp -- those scroll-keeper guys, those dudes in the black robes, pretty much all the weakest opponents are a bonanza.

Then you fight the Dark-Knight-equivalent crusaders and get peanuts.  It just seems a little weird.  Why would I ever fight the harder opponents when the rewards are so skewed toward the weaklings?

Because your lord commands you to? ;P

Anyways, i'm a feron beastie, so yeah :grin:

Back
Top Bottom