[Strawpoll] If Taleworlds prepared another game, what you would do ?

Would you buy it or not ?

• Yes take my money

• Yes but without EA

• Yes but only if it's a third opus of Mount and Blade

• Yes but only if it's a Sandbox Game

• No

• No and i boycott them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Can't wait for a competent game dev studio with smart people directing it (unlike Taleworlds) to replicate the idea of mount & blade and deliver something proper this time in a few years !
Taleworlds developers are amazing (most of them), but the people in the studio in charge of making decisions are the worst seems like they never played their own game or have incredibly poor taste also seems to be so full of themselves that they don't change their behavior no matter how much the players try to tell them the issues. The communication is incredibly ****ty, the gameplay decisions are of unfathomable poor taste, the whole development is a freaking mess.
Never ever will I give money to them again

i mean we know that they are working on some another project... my guess is that it is Wfas2 with more focus on story/rpg stylish or smth completly different
0fSwFwV.png

0fSwFwV.png

It is natural and understandable that they are making another game. Mount and blade has already sold what it had to sell, and a company with almost 100 employees must have a steady inflow of cash. But many here on the forum still believe that everyone is working on the next patches for this game,just because they said so, and people here tell that the game is unfinished,and it really is, but the sooner you accep that this will be a fact, the better.

Last edited:
It is natural and understandable that they are making another game. Mount and blade has already sold what it had to sell, and a company with almost 100 employees must have a steady inflow of cash. But many here on the forum still believe that everyone is working on the next patches for this game,just because they said so.
I keep hearing this, but they are currently advertising for SIX Bannerlord jobs (and two about their sci-fi whatever). A shift of focus is not in the very near future and it looks like fixing Bannerlord is a real priority.
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Career
Now that is one hell of a powerful statement.
The one about backstabbing harem women will be missed, but a man must make sacrifices.

I feel that this poll is missing the option "I don't know yet", which is what I would go with myself. I will pass judgement once Bannerlord is fully released, until then:

I feel that this poll is missing the option "I don't know yet", which is what I would go with myself. I will pass judgement once Bannerlord is fully released, until then:

yes I thought about it, but if I had put it the majority would have chosen this option, and it's a option that only dodges the subject

there are only the two options on mount and blade and the sandbox that I regret not having grouped together because too similar

I voted no because, at this time, I would not. If they complete Bannerlord in a way that lives up to its predecessor, of course I would consider a new game and would most likely buy it depending on what it's theme/scope was.

Maybe just my perverse sense of humour, but I find it hilarious that there are that many people who would boycott the company, but have nothing better to do than post as much on this forum. I get that you are disappointed and all, but I can't even believe that everyone who is on this forum this much will not be buying the next game when it comes out no matter how butt-hurt they are about the state of Bannerlord. Please though for your own well being if you are going to boycott the company in the future why not start with boycotting the forum now and just do something actually fun and more productive. Plus you could always come back in 5 years time and it might be out of EA and a great game ; )

I am pretty harsh and critical about Taleworlds development of the game but I honestly think most of the negative people on these forums are NOT being fair to how good the game is, even in its current state. The game has problems no doubt and they also shoot themselves in the foot by promising a ton of cool and interesting features that they eventually scaled back or cut out of the game entirely and I feel their progress on the EA has been exceedingly slow and.....well like I said I am critical.

However, even with all its disappointments and flaws, the base game is relatively fun and engaging and I think most people coming in cold having never played Bannerlord could easily get 40-60 hours of enjoyable gameplay out of it. Then you have to consider that many of the absolute best AAA titles out there, ONLY have about 40-60 hours of gameplay in them. I mean I only played Skyrim for about 90 hours total and most of my other top games have only 50-60 hours played. In comparison I have 457 hours clocked into Bannerlord.

My point is that all negative aside, Bannerlord is still a fun game to play so yes, I would absolutely play another game made by them

I am staying off the forum as this game is making me hostile. I hope that there is a Bannerlord re forged edition like VC or I am likely done with this company. Much much better programming attentiveness to detail in other companies. This and Rome 2 have been my worst gaming experiences.

This question was so easy to answer for me that I stopped lurking and started posting again after... 5 years? Bought Bannerlord on release just because I had a lot of faith in Taleworlds, and had spent thousands of hours in Warband, and even more in Prophesy of Pendor and Napoleonic Wars.
That said. If they announced a new game/IP tomorrow, I would boycott the hell out of them and put them into my personal "Never Buy a Game from this Company Again" folder, and Taleworlds is really close to that milestone already.
I find it actually shocking that so many people answered positively. I mean, are you actually trying to make life for other customers more difficult? Taleworlds has been mismanaging Bannerlord so badly that even someone as myself, who was basically a (reasonable, not rabid) fanboy up until the release is now pretty much fed up with the lack of communication, horrible development, lack of progress and general incompentence shown by the developers.
We have an "early access" that's terribly close to full release and yet is managing the wondrous feat of making performance and stability worse with every new patch, adding next to nothing in the way of gameplay and ignoring the pathetic state of pretty much every aspect of the game, especially sieges. I don't expect perfection, I expect something better than native Warband. Screw that, native MOUNT & BLADE was absolutely more enjoyable considered the vast difference of resources that went into the production of the two games.
I really want Bannerlord to be a wonderful game, I just don't believe the developers are able or willing (perhaps both) to do what's necessary to make it so. If they managed to turn this around *and* deliver something good, I would still be wary of their way of conducting business.

Can someone explain to me why it is bad for Taleworlds to be making other games? Isn't that the point of a gaming company? Besides, they are still working on Bannerlord, as is evident by the monthly patches that we receive.

So, someone please explain this animosity.

Can someone explain to me why it is bad for Taleworlds to be making other games? Isn't that the point of a gaming company? Besides, they are still working on Bannerlord, as is evident by the monthly patches that we receive.

So, someone please explain this animosity.
The poll is just gauging peoples feeling on buying another TW game after how horrendous this EA has been.
No one has said that TW cannot, or should not, make another game.

Back
Top Bottom