Strategy mid game

Users who are viewing this thread

Saxon1974

Veteran
Curious for the people who have played this game alot....

I'm about level 15, have a fairly good size army and have been a mercenary and build up some income. I'm not sure if I want to swear fealty to a kingdom or try and take one for my own. I was thinking of trying to take Scotland or Ireland but then I would probably end up being attachedk by England and Im not strong enough for that. Maybe I will play as a vassal to England for a while.

What do you all think is the most fun play style with this mod from this point on?

I prefer to be a vassal of a kingdom, take fiefs and that kind of stuff, like having fortified manor, wife... =D
And also if you are a little bit greedier you can start a civil war (don't remember if this is the right name) and make your own kingdom ;D

its almost impossible being a king without being a vassal before, u also will need the "fortified manor" to make there a extra army to take a castle or a city, and u just can make the fortified manor with a fief of some king give to u if u join him...

i think u need like 200 renown for being a vassal of someone, also is better to be a king with more than that renown because somelords don't join if u have low renown!...

also I'm having a problem with the wages of my city, are too high (bug), so i will say to take it easy and take this game like test, because this is not the final release, is also too far for it...

Saxon1974 said:
Curious for the people who have played this game alot....

I'm about level 15, have a fairly good size army and have been a mercenary and build up some income. I'm not sure if I want to swear fealty to a kingdom or try and take one for my own. I was thinking of trying to take Scotland or Ireland but then I would probably end up being attachedk by England and Im not strong enough for that. Maybe I will play as a vassal to England for a while.

What do you all think is the most fun play style with this mod from this point on?

Id say keep building up industries , win tournaments and sign up as a mercenary in the most war torn region you can find .

for what i said before of the bug with the wages of the city`s and town`s i recommend to take a city contract all the assistance in the court and then take a castle! because if u take a castle first u can not have the assistance which send "gifts" to the others lords!

the idea now will be lose ur city because with the annoying wages u cant defend it and then make ur court in the castle, so the wages of castles are same bug like the city's but all the assistance will move to the castle including the assistance of the "gifts", so better have a bad defended castle then a town...

well the town if u can u retake it and give it to 1 of ur lords so it will have a normal garrison! :grin:

If you really want to make your own kingdom then you should be a vassal of any war monger kingdom first. Then built up your strength and welth. After that, find a chance to take a town from the faction that was weakened and nearly defeated by the allied force of your king and the other kingdom. (2 or 3 town left. the fewer, the better) If will be better if you could do this while your kingdom is at war with more than 1 faction too. So that your king's allies will prevent the enemy kingdom to retake the city from you and the enemy's ally will prevent your faction from punnishing you.

If there is only 1 town left then you may prefer to take it from the faction that has only your kindgom as enemy, to aviod the "Jerusalem" situation.

However, I still prefer to be a mercenary... or vassal because I'm lazy ( It take a LOT of effort to establish your own kingdom in this mod... or atleast in older version....) and it's more historical accurate... and I will forever be a mercenary if DrTomas doesn't be so mean to us, mercenary.  :cry:

I had a lot of problems being an independent king.  I have a very powerful army that can take towns with 500+ garrisons, and a companion with 10 engineering.  It allowed me to take towns faster than my former faction (England) could take them from me. Eventually their army fractured and I was able to pick them off.  Martially, I wasn't seriously threatened, but convincing honorable lords to join is hard.  Actually...I would take any lords.

I did all my set up perfectly, I married and even got a letter of recognition from Scotland.

Scotterius said:
I had a lot of problems being an independent king.  I have a very powerful army that can take towns with 500+ garrisons, and a companion with 10 engineering.  It allowed me to take towns faster than my former faction (England) could take them from me. Eventually their army fractured and I was able to pick them off.  Martially, I wasn't seriously threatened, but convincing honorable lords to join is hard.  Actually...I would take any lords.

I did all my set up perfectly, I married and even got a letter of recognition from Scotland.

Very powerful army that can take towns with 500+ garrison... ? Is that by yourself ?
You have to had more men than the defender in order to win so..... how much does your army wage cost ?  :shock:

I wish they have rape system in Warband. Court with an ugly and stupid lady beacuse you want to be in a powerful position is kinda lame (though pretty much historical accurate for many people), in my opinion.  :razz:

hadza999 said:
Hey
Can I get lords from other factions to come to my own faction and how to do it ?????????????

Yes, you can. Pick a lord from another faction with whom you have a good relationship (something above 20, the higher the better) and who owns no fief in his faction. First, talk to the lord and ask him how he feels about the general state of affairs (or something like that) and ask him what he thinks about his king, if he says something like 'King XXX? Long may he live!" you can forget to ever convince that lord, go to the next one. Second, if you talk to a lord there are several dialogue options, if you have decided to use one specific dialogue option (for instance I use mostly the one with 'restoring the ancient rights of nobles' or the one where I promise him some lands in my kindgom) stay with that dialogue option in talks with every other lord. If you switch between the possible responses they won't believe you and think you are unstable or double-minded.

If you have conquered a fief, like a castle or a town, then don't give it away to anyone and don't give it to you. If you have lands in your kingdom that don't belong to anyone the chance is given that a lord who defects from another faction will appear in the court of your capital. Either look at the game messages 'lord XXX has defected from faction YYY and joined {your_kingdom}' then go to your court and accept his pledge, or just go from time to time to your court and look if some unknown lord is standing around there, then go and talk to him and accept his pledge to you as his king. But be careful some guy standing around at your court can also be claimants, this means they offer you (if your renown is somewhat high) the possibility to help them to conquer a specific kingdom because they are the rightful kings of it, or so they say. If you accept, you are no longer king but a vassal of that claimant and can help him to conquer his kingdom back.

If there is absolutely no lord that wants to join you then the easiest way to get lords is to promote companions to lords, just talk to them and ask what they think about holding a fief -> choose the fief you want to give to them and then they leave your party and are lords. A couple of days later they then should appear with their own army patrolling around their fiefs. You can export/import them in order to boost their skills so that they are appropriate for a lord (camp menu -> export/import NPCs -> look through the list and pick one and press c -> the char sheet opens and there click on the button statistics -> klick on export char -> ALT+tab out of the game -> go to 'documents/Mount and Blade Warband/Characters' -> open the character and edit his stats -> save -> go back into the game -> import char). And companions are recruited via the option 'invite some local nobles to a hunt' in a village that belongs to you, or the option 'invite some local nobles to your court' if you own a castle or a town. Usefull skills as a lord are a high leadership and training and some points in pathfinding, spotting, looting, tactics maybe some engineer too.

I ride for England and they have been good to me even when I started a war with Ireland. King has given me a town on top of Cork my little fief. I could not imagine the pain of being independent running around trying to survive atleast in Western Europe with all the super powers around. Might be able to carve something out of fragmented Spain though if lucky to survive the other powers something like Narvaa or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom