Strategy challenge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Fellow Calradians: I have a challenge for you!
How good of a tactician are you? Do you win fights because of your strategy, or just because you have amazing troops?

Now you have the opportunity to prove your skill!

Step 1: Install Enhanced battle test https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/2 (at your own risk!)

Step 2: Set yourself to be the defender on Desert map 009

Step 3: Build the following army for your enemy (max tactics skill). All game difficulty settings on max.
90 Imperial legionarries
60 Khuziat marksmen
29 Elite cataphracts
20 Khuzit Heavy Horse archers

Step 4: You aren't allowed to fight, distract, or intentionally participate in the fight at all. Observe/command only!

Step 5: Build yourself an army with the following restrictions:
199 units or less
50 cavalry or less
No noble line troops
Aseri horse archers (tier 4 or 5) are specifically prohibited

What is the most number of men you can have standing after your victory, and how did you do it? Honor system here! Text is okay, screenshots are better, video is best. The current winner is 145 units left alive at the end of the fight.

Do you win fights because of your strategy, or just because you have amazing troops?
I object to this being presented as mutually exclusive : My strategy is to acquire amazing troops and to use low tier troops amazingly :smile:

You aren't allowed to fight, distract, or intentionally participate in the fight at all. Observe/command only!
Why even play this game then? My Tactics are to always make sure my units kill first and never let the enemy out maneuver them... meaning I kill them before they can.

Challenge denied!

sounds like a rather bad strategy not to use the best unit on the field at all :grin:
i can see that the forum community is only capable of killing recruit spam with a mass army of khans guards. I'm also trying to make a point to the developers about combat design/balance with this challenge, so I'd like a fair amount of participants if possible.

Last edited:
i can see that the forum community is only capable of killing recruit spam with a mass army of khans guards. I'm also trying to make a point to the developers about combat design/balance with this challenge, so I'd like a fair amount of participants if possible.
Hmmmmm if they did any "balancing" with the player not included it would in fact just make the game easier because in fact the player is your biggest advantage. A big problem is that they don't fine tune AI to deal with player shenanigans', which is fine in way in a SP game.

I think you underestimate what other Players do in game though. It's not fighting normal parties with t6 units, it's taking massive armies out with them and entire factions with just your single clan. You don't just f1-f3, you constantly position and order troops all the while killing enemies and being the crowd control too! It's actually a high skill ceiling to take on massive armies and not have any or few losses.

Did try it out, total deployed 169, survived 109.
Army comp- 60 imperial legionary, 30 aserai mamluke palace guard, 29 aserai master archers, 30 vlandian gallants, 20 imperial bucellari.
Map: desert map 009.
I had used RTS camera for target specific troop command, without that it's hard to command
Hugged them to the side of one of those plateau, so no flank from left, most casualties occured when infantry was approaching enemy archers in shield wall formation(very bizarre)

Did try it out, total deployed 169, survived 109.
Army comp- 60 imperial legionary, 30 aserai mamluke palace guard, 29 aserai master archers, 30 vlandian gallants, 20 imperial bucellari.
Map: desert map 009.
I had used RTS camera for target specific troop command, without that it's hard to command
Hugged them to the side of one of those plateau, so no flank from left, most casualties occured when infantry was approaching enemy archers in shield wall formation(very bizarre)
That's a good result!

The winner is 100% sharpshooters in a line with no micromanagement.

Sharpshooters start to lose to mixed armies once fight sizes get very large (750 vs 750). Reinforcement mechanics are the issue.

That's a good result!

The winner is 100% sharpshooters in a line with no micromanagement.

Sharpshooters start to lose to mixed armies once fight sizes get very large (750 vs 750). Reinforcement mechanics are the issue.
I think scaling up Armor values and recalculating scaling of damage based on range (similar to realistic battle mod) should balance it but taleworlds is not going to do that because their main aim is to have fast paced battles with minimal tactical control given to player

I think scaling up Armor values and recalculating scaling of damage based on range (similar to realistic battle mod) should balance it but taleworlds is not going to do that because their main aim is to have fast paced battles with minimal tactical control given to player
yeah that's the point I'm trying to make.
Only one player has been able to beat sharpshooters in a line with no micro, and only on 1500 instead of 400

Back
Top Bottom