strategy/advice for starting out your new kingdom?

Users who are viewing this thread

zentg

Recruit
So i'm on a new playthrough and got my first castle and established my kingdom - but what should I plan to do cos I am just getting rekt.

In previous version of the game I was able to bribe other clans from other factions to join me with money, but with 1.5.9 they seemed to have greatly increased the cost of recruiting lords and I just can't do that right now especially since my kingdom is so small.

I basically have my brother and my wife and that's it. So I should I have them run around with their own armies or should I just have them in my army?

What should I plan to do right now?

thanks

Turning companions into lords.
Making peace.
Blitzkriegs.

Yes you should have at least your brother have a unit, make your wife a governor or another unit. They are pretty good at everything. And you can't really have an army without lords running around.

So i'm on a new playthrough and got my first castle and established my kingdom - but what should I plan to do cos I am just getting rekt.

In previous version of the game I was able to bribe other clans from other factions to join me with money, but with 1.5.9 they seemed to have greatly increased the cost of recruiting lords and I just can't do that right now especially since my kingdom is so small.

I basically have my brother and my wife and that's it. So I should I have them run around with their own armies or should I just have them in my army?

thanks
Go after broke and landless clans.

I usually keep my family in one army constantly, just so I have more buffer for losses before I have to stop campaigning and recruit. But it is also viable to just leave them out and run around as a solo party. Beat up other lords' parties and armies, make money. Whenever a town rebels, drop everything, raid their village (to start a war) and take it from them. Once you have enough settlements, form your own kingdom then go shopping for some broke and landless clans and flip them to your faction. The first few are the hardest because you might get war-decced at the absolute worst time but after that you can pretty much leave the AI on autopilot while you run around just recruiting more clans.

Mercs help for some people, I personally don't really use them.

thanks
You should probably have a few Castles and or at least 1 Town before trying to form a Kingdom. FYI even if your Clan is independent - Kingdoms won't declare war on you until you form a Kingdom. Of course being Kingdomless means you can't form Armies either.

Clans likely won't stick with you if they don't have a fief either and two villages isn't enough to recruit the troops you'll need.

In my experience the most important thing is to have a lot of income/money. So you'll need Workshops strategically setup in Kingdoms that aren't near you. Or you can craft 100K Denar Javelins and just cheese things that way.

Problem is larger neighboring Kingdoms will probably come with a "doom stack" 2000+ something Army and there will be nothing you can to do stop them. Though with large enough Garrisons, you can sort of overcome the odds.

Basically you need to occupy strategic positions, have a lot of money, have large high tier troop garrisons, and form a Kingdom when your neighbors are at War or otherwise pretty weak.

The strategy is simple at the moment.

1. Craft a bunch of javelins
2. Conquer a town/castle with depleted garrison
3. Find an enemy lord, give him javelins in exchange for peace.

Congrats, your kingdom is bigger now.

Turning companions into lords.
Making peace.
Blitzkriegs.

Yes you should have at least your brother have a unit, make your wife a governor or another unit. They are pretty good at everything. And you can't really have an army without lords running around.

How do you turn companions into Lords?

I think he means a party with the companion.
right on lol. tbh i been doing the javelin trick to make money, sure it may be considered an exploit, but im having more fun this way so whatever its my video game! xD

Back
Top Bottom