Strange annoying stuttering in fights...

Users who are viewing this thread

Mythos

Regular
For some bizzare reason I'll sometimes get ridiculous amounts of stuttering in fights. I know it's not due to amount of enemies, since reducing the amount didn't do anything, and I've gotten it in tiny fights while doing massive lord fights without any stuttering. It's not tied to any map either, since I've gotten it on maps and then had another fight on the exact same map without anything. It's pretty annoying, since I can't really fight with it going on. Anyone know what's going on?

I don't have shadows on. My graphics card is decent, but not exactly incredible, so I tend to turn off things like that that are barely noticable anyway. So, it's just a problem with the game itself? Damn. I never bumped into it while playing Native... Then again, I didn't really play Native very much before finding mods.

Mythos said:
I don't have shadows on. My graphics card is decent, but not exactly incredible, so I tend to turn off things like that that are barely noticable anyway. So, it's just a problem with the game itself? Damn. I never bumped into it while playing Native... Then again, I didn't really play Native very much before finding mods.

Darn. I hoped you were in a wooded area and that was getting to your computer. Then yes, it's not fixable.

I believe it only happens when there's irregular or extra steep drops, so the AI's pathfinding begins to go through loop after loop for every unit finding a way to ditch this hill but still go at the enemy.

Hmmm... I did notice that it happens more often in areas where either there's a ton of steep hills, or on this one map where it's fairly flat, except a big canyon cutting it in half with a river in it.

Maybe it can be fixed by some sceners with the time to go through and smooth things out in the more jagged scenes.

Or just completely remove all the maps that consist entirely of a massive amount of ridiculously steep hills. Stfu, let me hope...

General, that entire post was a joke, which you should have been able to tell from the absurdity of my suggestion. I hate the hilly areas, so I joked that they could just be removed, and the "stfu, let me hope" was because of how absurd it was. If it was a serious suggestion, people would clearly say how absurd it was, and so I said to let me hope, since I hate those maps. It was a joke, calm down...

Yeah, it's kinda hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic on the internet, what with the lack of tone of voice and all that. No big deal.

I find the the formations script/addon/whatever will cause some real bad stuttering in hilly areas.  Try turning it off in your camp menu and see if it cures it. 

Once happened to me , i thought it's the battle size , so in battle i alt-f4ed then set the battle lower , when i loaded it was just before the battle ...it did the same , so i kept playing like that (even though it was taking ages since the slutterings ) were like play stop play stop ...and i even died :/ .

Try turning it off in your camp menu and see if it cures it. 
will do that if it happens again ^_^ thx

I am glad to see that others are getting this as well.  At first I thought it was the extra textures and the HDR that I installed with this mod.  I uninstalled the game, deleted the folder, and then reinstalled the game and this mod without any extra upgraded textures.  It did not change a thing.  Now something that I noticed, at least in my game, is that I seem to typically get the stuttering whenever more troops are entering the fight.  It also does not seem to make a difference if they are for me or for the enemy.  Not sure if that has anything to do with it though.  I do not ever remember having this issue though before I started to play with mod.  I keep saying this mod because it is the only mod that I have installed.  It bothers me but I tolerate it because I really love the additions to the game.

***********UPDATE*************

I can confirm that for me it is only happening when new troops enter the battle.  Each time it happened last night I looked at the messages and it informed me that new enemies or reinforcements have arrived.

Back
Top Bottom