Story mode main quest - what a yawn...

Users who are viewing this thread

So, you have 10 years to compete the main quest. Deciding whether to declare a continuation of the empire, or start a fresh dynasty of whatever.

So in my current game, I started by eliminating the empire piece by piece, until all the empire is mine, and I control most of the world map. Not empire.
Finally decide I should go tell that fellow in Battania of my decision. He tries to scare me with some boogie story of conspiracy....

Well, given that all the empire is GONE by this time, and hold ZERO fiefs, it took like 10 minutes real time and one cutscene for their entire "conspiracy" to FAIL and I WIN.

Wait, what??

At least it didn't bug out.
True, I should be grateful, eh.

But I was expecting something like the other independent kingdoms trying to undermine me, or same. Seems the plot programming only allows for a single set of circumstances - 1. you will activate the main plot immediately, 2. it will only oppose empire/independent-as-single-entity scenarios.

As it worked out, this is the easiest cheese ever - just delay activating the "main" quest until you have removed the other players, and insta-win

True, I should be grateful, eh.

But I was expecting something like the other independent kingdoms trying to undermine me, or same. Seems the plot programming only allows for a single set of circumstances - 1. you will activate the main plot immediately, 2. it will only oppose empire/independent-as-single-entity scenarios.

As it worked out, this is the easiest cheese ever - just delay activating the "main" quest until you have removed the other players, and insta-win
Other factions should still be declaring war on you, if not that's probably a bug.

Oh they are, just not as part of the whole "conspiracy" thing. Non-stop war in fact, typically with every faction until you bludgeon them into the ground

My quest bugged out, at the point where it said assemble the dragon banner I already had done that. So it timed out.

I still have all the factions trying to get me.

Well i finished the main quest last evening. Feel so disapointed. But still it´s the sandbox that is fun to play.
Face it i rather have good gametime then a perfect finish video.
But still 2 main quest. Raider and hideout. There is a huge lack of imagination there.
First of empire should not fight eachother during main quest. Make it abit hard please!
The two quests are too close to eachother. Hardly time to enjoy a good siege in between them. They ruin it actually. I am always on the other side of the map. It leaves no time to do the war. We can´t really on the AI for that. All they do is exchange castles.
Make the quests goals insteed.
Take this settlement/castle.
Execute this lord.
Capture this lord.
Raid all villages in this area.
Attack caravans of this faction. Or caravans who support this clan. Forces us to change our troops to gain speed to catch them.
Convert these clans to your side. Long time line
Insteed off using hideouts (we do enough of those). Make a stronghold and place an empire lord there. Lord ### has baricated himself in this pass and is crafting weapons/trains elite troops. A wooden pallisade guarding a smal, of **** i don´t know the english word. Area with only one entrance. Like a siege without siege engines. Say you can bring a 100 men insteed of 10. But not with the enemy waiting behinde the gate. A longer area. Where different formations of men coming at you. Archers on high areas that is only accesable in the end. But shooting at you all the way. Maybe they have a few simpler ballistas.
Say if it´s crafting weapons it´s an easy average fight.
But train troops. It should certainly be like 20% highest tier from the start. But for each day or two days you wait to take it out the more training happens. Wait till the end and only highest tier. Say it adds 10% more highest tier for each day. One really need to drop everything and run there.

It has so much potential really.

I don't mind the main quest, just mod out the time limit. It's kind of nice to start out with siblings, so I kind of prefer when it's modded

Back
Top Bottom