Stopping Companion Complaints 2019

Users who are viewing this thread

commode7x

Recruit
I've been searching for hours for a solution to this.  I'm confused, bewildered, and extraordinarily frustrated.  I've tried to change the obtuse and esoteric numerals in the scripts.txt and simple_triggers.txt files, only to find that the numerals have been changed since the last time players discovered them. 

I've attempted to download Diplomacy, since it seems to be the only working mod that might have had an option to fix the issue.  It turns out that the mod author removed the function at some point and I have no clue how to sift through the numbers to figure out how to add it back in.  Last attempt I made, the mod didn't even load, so I guess that's why the option was removed.

TweakMB seems to have not been updated for quite some time, and I'm not expecting any results.  Can anyone point me in the right direction, if one exists?  I'll gladly throw some Denars their way if they can help me complete my quest.

Shemaforash said:
It's called TweakMB my friend : )

Trying TweakMB, there weren't any options to modify the companion complaints.  Also, most of the options were not supported, surprise surprise.

Afaik it's not possible without module system, or at least not that easy. If you have a Native module, you can remove the respective lines in the module system and compare the txt.files to see which part is affected.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,173348.msg4173752.html#msg4173752
But then you could also start working with the module system instead of number tweaking ^^

commode7x said:
I've been searching for hours for a solution to this.  I'm confused, bewildered, and extraordinarily frustrated.  I've tried to change the obtuse and esoteric numerals in the scripts.txt and simple_triggers.txt files

Diplomacy should be open source (check which version you are playing, as there are many). Get the modsys and you dont need to handle numbers, instead you can read the code meant for humans. Warband mods use a language usually called MBScript (Mount and Blade Scripting Language)

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

keep in mind you need to download the modsys of your module (Diplomacy), not from Warband Native. Check their forum/thread/etc for info on downloads.

kalarhan said:
commode7x said:
I've been searching for hours for a solution to this.  I'm confused, bewildered, and extraordinarily frustrated.  I've tried to change the obtuse and esoteric numerals in the scripts.txt and simple_triggers.txt files

Diplomacy should be open source (check which version you are playing, as there are many). Get the modsys and you dont need to handle numbers, instead you can read the code meant for humans. Warband mods use a language usually called MBScript (Mount and Blade Scripting Language)

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

keep in mind you need to download the modsys of your module (Diplomacy), not from Warband Native. Check their forum/thread/etc for info on downloads.

You are the most helpful person in this thread.  I want to give you some denars for your assistance

Back
Top Bottom